link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
where are the mods here?

Right here.

Lastday Prophet is banned.

He's had ample warnings.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
In quite a few threads Lastday Prophet was and has been getting heavily Goaded, so why was Lastday Prophet banned?.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by ThePunisher]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If someone is being "Goaded" the proper action is to contact staff to make them aware of the situation. In this case LDP was verbally attacking members in a very direct way. It was noticed and he was contacted to stop this behavior.

After a lengthy exchange he chose to...in his very next post, completely ignore staff direction and attacked another member. Not much more could be done. LDP decided for himself to be banned....he committed suicide if you will.

Enough on that back to the thread topic please...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well, Lastday's posts do tend to follow certain patterns. Make an outrageous statement, attack a member by calling him/her an idiot and then post up huge tracts of text from the bible. This last part is what always gets me, because you can 'prove' anything by quoting the bible, by twisting parts into contorted shapes that are at 180 degrees from their original meaning.
Debating anything with a fundamentalist is hard, because they fall back on Faith when you demand proof. I once talked to a somewhat nutty American girl who told me that the bible had predicted the 2003 invasion of Iraq. I was sceptical of the theory, even more sceptical of her 'proof' and we finally agreed to disagree.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
because you can 'prove' anything by quoting the bible, by twisting parts into contorted shapes that are at 180 degrees from their original meaning.

Actually, I see this as you can't prove anything by quoting the Bible, for this very reason.

I am constantly dumbfounded by the people who choose this site as their sounding board to evangelize their beliefs, at the expense of all commom decency (which seems to me quite evident of the fact that these particular posters have little resemblance to "christians" by the time they are through). Perhaps ATS is perceived by some of these people as the last bastion of the devil himself in great need of conversion.
However it should be extremely obvious by now that no one here is being affected by these attempts. We all have our own beliefs and we are sticking to them.

Now, as many of you know, I am a Catholic, and we are not known for our knowledge of the Bible compared to most other Christians, but a passage comes to mind that perhaps should be considered. It's the one where Jesus sent out his disciples and instructs them to basically not waste their time where they are not accepted, but rather shake the dust off their feet from that place and move on.

As for the chips being the mark of the beast, I state again, this itself could be the deception. As far as I'm concerned the final word is not out on this yet, and to me the concept is just too obvious to be ignored as possibly being a "red herring" on the entire subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
LDP banned??!? But but... but.... I need material, I need my daily moment of... Ohh I can't pass this one up.." I.. I... sigh.. I weep for thee.... Ok all done.

Bunny 1:23 "Lo, and the Bunny did consider the words of LDP and tried to speak in deep thoughts for truth. Alas disagreement ensued, and lack of intestinal fortitude laid waste the mountains."

Bunny 1:34 "And those that stood with Bunny for rational thought called to the mighty Mods. "Oh, Mod... we beseech thee, smite the false LDP who is annoying and abusive, smite the LDP who builds fortresses of ignorance and bathes your faithful in utter BS, We are not worthy and we too have transgressed.. but free us of the presence of the apparent loonies... not loon.. but loonies."

Bunny 1:35 " And Mod did grin, saying "Yes, this one has been warned, thus being naughty in my sight shall be banned to walk in internet obscurity for eternity."

Obviously not a long mourning. however so far it is a long morning.. but that is due to no coffee.

Loon.. hummm I have thought about the application of individual chips for tracking of criminals, your children etc etc... Problem with tracking.. hackers and stalkers. Often they are to smart for their own good. I would say that each individual should be able to set up a track list of people they want to be able to find them and they update that list... but because people are not good at security there will be a major problem with stalking.

I like the idea of knowing who is behind the door when they knock.. I am really sick of the Mormons... last time I thought about inviting them in for some Human Noodle Soup.. but I thought that could be considered a threat so we just compared them to the flu..

I would not mind seeing all criminals with tracking chips, elderly could get them to track health condition and alert the hospital if they need help.

Perhaps not implanted in the body.. but maybe something worn.. tracking heart rate to make sue it is not taken off in the case of criminals. for your children it could be put into something hard to notice.. like a charm or a wrist watch.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Lol, thanks for the quotations from the Book of Bunny! The Book of Darkmind is a lot more cynical, with large parts in Welsh and other parts completely unprintable. Bad Darkmind, stop thinking naughty thoughts!
By the way just one quibble - "intestinal fortitude"? Does that mean, well, loose bowels? Yuuurrrgh.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes, if you go back to page 18 of this thread you will see that I thought I was being smote by god for disagreeing with ldp.. turns out it was only gas.

Yeaaa Welsh... Welsh Bunny here.

Humm I wonder if The Welsh are just innatly cynical.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thats an interesting idea about a wristwatch type model, as the latest digital angel is in fact a wristwatch and a base unit, which communicate via infra-red or wi-fi(cant remember). Was reading an article around 3 days ago but cant for the life of me remember where, as I wasnt on my pc and so my history is useless.

If I can find again ill post the url, but thats pretty much what the article was saying that some were uneasy about implants and so a wearable system had been made. Also its worth noting that the reason for it being called the 'Digital Angel' had more to do with its healthcare qualities as opposed to its mark of the beast/apocalyptic qualities.

Also I believe hackers are the spawn of satan himself, everytime something good happens that is electronic or computerised in nature, they have to go and spoil it for everyone. Man I would love to get 20 hackers alone in a room, just me and a pointy stick. My mam doesnt have any sort of anti-virus software, her house doesnt even have broadband (still 56k dial-up) and she gets hacked, viruses (or is it virii?) all the time. The most important thing on her computer are her religious poems and pictures of the praying hands (she only uses it for making posters for her church, as she is very godly), I have no idea what any hacker worth his salt would want from that pc, even if it were being used to re-route info, its a 56k diallup, I mean c'monnnnn.

I think its just a generation thing, I got my first computer in 1981, a sinclair ZX81, since then I have been using computers n a regular basis, I believe myself to be pretty clued up about computers in general. My parents and their respective generation in general have only been using computers a short while and have gotten into the whole thing quite late.

However the generations that follow me (including my kids and my friends kids) are already using online systems and learning more and more about security before they reach the age of 10. It certainly would be a problem as hackers can be very devious in their means. Im also referring to people in my own country, who have had access to computers their whole life. Perhaps the third-world countries would be ripe for pillage by hackers as their infrastructure is not equipped or experienced enough to deal with a very real threat like hackers.

Its certainly something to think about, which is probably why this type of technology is light-years away from being implemented.

Also with the stalking thing, if you were stalking someone, wouldnt they be able to see you stalking them, and make adjustments to their path to avoid you. If so then this wouldnt be stalking anymore it would be chasing.
"On the night in question your honour, this scumbag pervert chased me around 3 nightclubs, and 1 towncentre"

Ive also noticed Mr Bunny that you have ripped texts direct from the true book of the lord, that of the Loon. If I had as much testicular fortitude as you I would smite ya, good and proppa.

My views on LDP being gone, I cant believe he was allowed to get away with what he did for this long. Fact is there are some very religious posters who come on here, and add something to the discussion, they are open to discuss things and dfo it it a reasonable and intelligent manner. LDP was not one of these. He only ever brought outrageousness and mockery to threads, then insulted everyone who did not follow his lead. No doubt well see him back soon with a different name, only problem is hell be spewing the same hate filled vitriol, and will be recognisable by the number of the beast. Perhaps to accept LDP was to accept the true mark of the beast.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Ive also noticed Mr Bunny that you have ripped texts direct from the true book of the lord, that of the Loon. If I had as much testicular fortitude as you I would smite ya, good and proppa.

That’s ok.. I'm wearing my cup.
And if it protects me in a Kenpo class.. then I think I am safe.

The stalking I was referring to is more the.. stalker is sitting at home watching all your movements.. calling you on your cell and saying. "I know where you are.. i always know where you are." regardless of if they are able to get to you physically.. that kind of intimidation is just not cool

Hackers.. yes.. they are bad.. but much like Yin and Yang because of what they do there have been major advances in encryption coding and most aspects of different program languages.

As for your mom, yea there is no point to that.. but if you think about it.. hers is one of thousands of IP's that as far as the hacker is concerned is fair game. They don't care about content, and bandwidth is rarely considered.

I worked 2 years in network security as a Social Engineer and Innocent Image investigation. So I had a job because of hackers...

I am a Buddhist personally.. not a very good one as I still eat meat and, though I try not to, I still get irritated at people.. but I am getting better at it.
I figure, believe what is important to you, what gets you through the day, but don't presume that your ideas or beliefs are better than others. Because when it really comes down to it.. no one really knows.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ya know.. all joking asside

If LDP really does believe what he/she says... how amazingly scary and sad that is. I honestly hope for his/her sake that they get some medical help.. additionaly sad is that so few do because according to them... it's everyone else that is crazy.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If someone is being "Goaded" the proper action is to contact staff to make them aware of the situation. In this case LDP was verbally attacking members in a very direct way. It was noticed and he was contacted to stop this behavior.

After a lengthy exchange he chose to...in his very next post, completely ignore staff direction and attacked another member. Not much more could be done. LDP decided for himself to be banned....he committed suicide if you will.

Enough on that back to the thread topic please...

In some threads i have seen Lastday Prophet being Goaded by Staff/Mods.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
BACK on topic please.......

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
but the longer you think about it, my 'nut-cutting' idea becomes more beautiful each and every day.

Imagine-
when we control our rate of reproduction, eventually, all of God's creature's could and would be able to take care of themselves.

God is a supernatural entity, our Creator, THIS EARTH, ONE SPIRIT!

.... there R a'lotta PAN's here.....

WHERE'S ALL THA' MAD RAPPERS AT ?!?!?! ????

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i am so with you on this one (not the second poster :barf
any way i think that there is also a serious conspiracy withthe media and with the government, even if we elected them we may have just been ignorant people like we are today and had no clue (ignorance!) that they were conspiracy leaders.

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cooldude76
i am so with you on this one (not the second poster :barf
any way i think that there is also a serious conspiracy withthe media and with the government, even if we elected them we may have just been ignorant people like we are today and had no clue (ignorance!) that they were conspiracy leaders.
cooldude76

Speaking as a member of the media, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Speaking as the son of a former civil servant, I can tell you that Government leaks from the top and is so fundamentally screwed up at times that keeping a conspiracy quiet is almost impossible.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sorry for you Lastday Prophet, sorry that you got baned.
You made a point and it was a very intresting point of view but if you want
people to understand you like you wish you must be calm in your discusion,
people are free to chose.
See you wanted to make a point and you got baned has a result simply
cause you incriminate other people by harasing them.
I can say some one is evil sure but i cant take it on a personal level.
God states and says it "you are free to chose"
I agree with some of your opinions but you simply offer them in a violent
way.
And for you has being a profet it's my opinion that there are none.
Not to get in to religion but the bible says they are all fake.
You cultivating your self with knolege is another thing and it's far from being a profet, research does not grant the rank of a profet.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i can only imagine what its like to live in the usa but from over the alantic its looks devious. just get the dvd loose change, the oil factor, or any guerilla news network videos/dvds,

oil factor explains americas plan for the future. (military bases securing oil around the world)v reasons for this , one can only speculate, if any one seen these dvds, then you already know goverments are deceiving us. unless you take the over veiw that its these dvds that are lieing

(sorry id mention more about the dvds but im in work and brain dead)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judgeofdarkness
i can only imagine what its like to live in the usa but from over the alantic its looks devious. just get the dvd loose change, the oil factor, or any guerilla news network videos/dvds,

oil factor explains americas plan for the future. (military bases securing oil around the world)v reasons for this , one can only speculate, if any one seen these dvds, then you already know goverments are deceiving us. unless you take the over veiw that its these dvds that are lieing

(sorry id mention more about the dvds but im in work and brain dead)

Not to argue with you, just like you i belived this was for the oil and soon i have learned that oil is running out and that we need a alternative.
Secure what?when there is little left, oil is just a pretex to fuel the war.
Alternative power is out there and it would be a blesing for this world
like turning water in to pure fuel, or energy by electro magnets and the list go's on and on.
The oil thing is just a diversion, they are not after oil they seek power they can care less about oil.
They want the meadle east simply to make pupets, saudy arabia is already a pupet and iraq is soon to become a pupet.
They make more money out of the war than from oil, the weapons industry is big bussines now days and guess who is involved

The war in iraq will not end soon casue they dont want it to end.
so what if 500.000 young men will die they will send another 500.000
and make a little more money.
Goals.
1 Create an oil crisys and denny alternative fuel and energy so every one comes beging for help
2 Fuel the war so the weapons industry will survive
3 Train troops so they will fail, failng will permit the war to go on.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
some would say that banning last day prophet is a conspiracy to keep him from talking

Consider knowing the truth, or at least believing to know the truth, and having people keep telling you that you are wrong, you get angry and insult them. It is not a secret that many people out in the world are brainwashed manequins who go on their daily consumerist business while not giving a godamn about anyone else but themselves. In their heads, they ask themselves, is Britany Spears gonna quit drugs, what about her next album? So you beging to think that everyone around you is a moron, which isn't far from the truth, but it is a bold and false philosophy because there are other people out there who think for a change, and this is what ATS is all about. Insulting is a last resort for those who have given up on humanity, I was like that opnce, now I try to disprove people I deem ignorant by carefully exposing them to my truth and ideas, and mind you, saying things like, quoting the bible means nothing, is insulting to firm christian believers, maybe some other people should be banned aswell while you guys are at it? Hell, Ban me for having an opinion and for being a christian.

my 50 cents on the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join