It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid Dream of Telekinetic Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I had the most vivid dream last night that I have to document it here today and see if any one can help me figure out what it means. The night before last, I had another equally vivid dream that I was at a party with Paris Hilton (nothing sexual though), but we won't go into that now. I don't know what is causing these dreams, other than the abnormally stressful week I've had. Also, the last quarter to new moon week always seems to mess with me somehow.

Anyway, in my dream I was on an island and was faced with an important choice between two jobs. One was somewhat menial and low profile, without much pay or benefits. The other was much more exciting, demanding and high profile, and I was being highly recruited for it. For some reason, I was leaning toward the first position, even though I didn't get the impression that those offering it were that interested in me, though I did feel the job was mine to accept or reject. I had been moving through the town I was in on this island going from the location of the first job interview to the second in a somewhat roundabout fashion, from the harbor to the docks where I stopped by a sailboat looking for someone I knew to give me advice. The person wasn't there, and the pressure was mounting on me to make a decision one way or the other, so I headed to the location of the second position for a final meeting to accept or reject the high profile job. Both jobs were some sort of management position, the first down in the low-lying area near the harbor, the second up on a hill overlooking the town. I had to climb a long staircase to reach the second location. I don't walk well in reality, and in my dream, I was virtually dragging myself along the rail of the stairs crawling up laboriously, each stair more difficult to negotiate than the last.

Suddenly, there was a disturbance on the hillside to my right, and I looked over to see a landslide of some sort falling on the town below. Not a huge one but a fall of mostly sand and dirt cascading down the steep hill face. I thought for a second it was an earthquake, but it seemed more like some kind of sonic disturbance to me that had caused the slide. It was weird. I made it to the top of the stairs and went inside the second location, I think it was some kind of luxury hotel or upscale B&B. I was told again by the owner that he really wanted me for this position and what would it take to convince me to take it. I told him I wasn't sure it was right for me, and was considering taking another position. This gentleman, a rich white light haired and complected guy, knew about the other job, and seemed mad that I would rather have it than the one he was offering. He told me I needed to think it over, I told him that I already had, and he demanded I go to my room and give him one last opportunity by thinking it over again. I was apparently staying at this place while I was deciding what job to take. I went back to my room, where I had posted a bunch of papers detailing something important about what I was about to decide on the back of the door to my room. As I went inside the owner seemed to become upset at my reluctance, and raised his voice, saying something like "and you better make this quick!". He slammed the door, and lots of my papers detailing the pros and cons of each position became dislodged and fell to the floor. This was devastating to me as the pressure to make a decision was so intense and now my notes had become hopelessly jumbled. I knelt to retrieve them and started picking them up when the stress finally overwhelmed me. I screamed "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I want all these papers back in my hands right this second!!!!!" I have never had this level of expressed emotion in my life, I mean this decision was so crucial to me. Immediately every paper in my vicinity started flying across the room and sticking to my hands, arms, and chest. The door flew open and every drawer in sight opened and every piece of paper and pad of sticky notes , anything paper, flew out and straight to my hands and chest. I was suffused in an electrical feeling like immense power currents were running through my body. I sensed the presence of others around me and opened my eyes to find a massive jumble of papers on my chest and lap and a man I hadn't seen before was on my right, holding my hand. A young boy wearing glasses, seemingly autistic or challenged somehow was to my left front, holding my left hand, and speaking softly in what instantly occurred to me was tongues. He was very close to me and seemed to be concentrating his speech on something just above my head and slightly to my left. My hands were hurting terribly and I pulled them away from these people. The man on my right said "No, no, we are trying to help you dissipate the energy." "It hurts!", I said, and he said, "It will go away, just try to relax." I felt like 140 volts at least were making my entire being tingle to the point of pain, but I put my hands back in theirs and started to slowly feel better, sure now that I must take the first job down at the bottom of the hill.

Then I woke up. What the heck is this all about?

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There's a good chance the added level of stress is causing this.

Now, have you ever been under an equal amount of stress before? If so, did you have the same type of dreams?

Also, have you seen anything recently that could have put certain images in your mind? Watched a movie? Read a book? Ect...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've never had a dream quite like this before.

No, nothing extaordinary, besides my usual crazy life.

I think you're right, its the extra stress.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, most likely that is the cause of it.

Do you remember what kind of activities you did before going to sleep that night? What you ate? Watched?

Jack

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah it could be stress that's causing it, or something in your life where you needed/need to make a decision. BTW you know when the papers flew to you...did you have any control over it?

Whenever i am in control of a dream i can make things levitate and even fly myself and whilst doing this i feel something, also i can never fight in my dreams even if i want to...something stops me!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Jack,

Thanks for your supportive input. Maybe the tacos I had for dinner were too spicy or something. I did pick up my ex's mom at the airport yesterday, and divorcing her daughter didn't make me popular with her. We've always gotten on well and been civil with each other, though, and yesterday was no exception. Kinda weird being around her, that's all.

Eventuality,

That was the really freaky thing about the dream. When I screamed and said I wanted all the papers back, I was only referring to the ones that had fallen off the door, but I guess I overdid it or something, because every paper in the room came at me, then the door flew open, and every paper in the area outside the room came flying in, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hmm yeah that does seem kinda freaky, the fact that all the papers came to you and not just the ones you intended. I don't know why that would happen

lol could you have watched Bruce Almighty recently (if you have seen it you would know the scene i'm referring to)?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen Bruce Almighty, though its on my list to rent. I don't do well trying to sit through movies (same reason I don't walk too well). What does the scene you refer to entail?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And IT WAS GOOODD!!!!!!
Bruce Almighty is a great movie. I love the part when she starts asking him about her breasts. Oh uhhhhh gotta go to work!

-Aza

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's a part when Bruce is hearing prayers and wants to sort them in an easy way as he cannot cope with them in his head! So he thinks about having them on post-its, then post-its come from everywhere and stick everywhere! That was the part i was refering to but as you haven't seen it yet it prob was not induced by that.

Could it symbolise how much work you have to do in real life when you only wanted to have a few papers from the floor?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No clue as to what it means, but what an interesting dream.
The central idea of making an employment decision was much more persistant than ideas in my dreams ever seem to be.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
edit to start new thread

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Eventuality said:

...also i can never fight in my dreams even if i want to...something stops me!

Me too. I can't throw punches for some reason. In these dreams I've even tried spinning around with my arms straight out and running at the people I can't hit.

new topics

top topics

join