It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Resistance Replies To Bush Speech: Sets Terms For U.S. Surrender

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The majority of the troops want to stay in Iraqi and get the job done they realize that pulling out and leaving now would be a mistake and it would accomplish nothing. The majority of the American people believe this too, as was shown in a recent poll.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wh ymust it always be asserted tha tthe "war" is "illegal", when Hussein never fulfilled the terms that ended hostilities back during the first go-around? The continuance of the war was not illegal, and you know it. The reason, as you well know, that many of our allies stabbed us in the back is because they were making big bucks with Hussein under the table. The U.N.'s head moron and his son are dirty as Heck, even. Throw rocks at the filth, the ones who were content to let the Iraqi people rot while they made the cash. In other words, channel your anger at all the right places; don't be myopic.

These little cretins will continue to make life miserable for the Iraqi people as long as Syria and Iran make it their point to funnel the thugs into Iraq. This will continue until they are thumped. Simple. Neither of them want to see a free and prosperous country with the people actually having a meaningful participation in the running of the country. They are afraid the idea just might catch on.
Maybe we can give them our constitution. It was written by smart folks, proven to work, and we aren't using it nowadays. Maybe the Iraqi people have the gumption to put it to use.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Lol the war wasn't illegal? Rofl, well I guees you can think that but every country in the world except America then apprently knows that it is illegal. It's not a bloody coincidence that so many countries protested against the Iraq war! You must be blind my freind if you think that the Iraq war wasn't illegal!

And how the hell could countries make so much money with Saddam! LOL Man are you on crack? What the hell does Saddam have to offer any other country, at the time Iraq's oil production was non-existent! what could he make money with other countries! He wouldn't sell weapons because his are low quality ex soviet weapons, not oil, not goods and services, what then? Please be kind enough to tell us! Sand perhaps?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It comes to my mind that pulling out, as much as I like the idea, might be a very bad thing for the Iraqi populace at large. If we were to pull out then all the little muderous thugs would simply have to find another reason to sit in their cellars slobbering over bombs and plans to blow them up, along with the untold numbers of Iraqi Nationals that they want to blow up as well, eventually putting those plans to use.

Souljah, unfortunately, is a self-espoused communist, a wannabe terrorist type of mentality, and as long as he has no dog in this hunt, it appears that it is ok with him if people die for no reason, or only the reasons that a person of his ilk deems substantive.

Before you jump up and defend it Souljah (And I use that term very, very loosely), tell me how you are there in Iraq, putting your money where your mouth is and defending the cause you so prodigeously espouse ...

When you've walked the walk, then you could probably begin to talk the talk... Until then you are simply involved in a little exercise I like to call mental masturbation or perhaps, keyboard kommunism, or perhaps you simply have nothing better to do than spout rhetoric that means little of nothing to people who have lives and are trying to live them, no matter the cost, no matter the circumstance.

Get off your butt, and from behind the keyboard and get out there and do something innovative, and useful. The rest of the time, you're just a pain in said butt.

No... I'm not a right winger, by any means. I would love to see the troops come home and see how the terrorism continues for the next totally useless reason. And then see how people like you figure out some other tired way to blame the US for all your problems. I am simply tired of hearing coffee house rhetoric being passed off as useful political philosophy. You just don't get it, probably never will, and perhaps are better off where you are... With that in mind, it might be better if you were to quit coming off like you have anything to positively contribute.

So.. Now... Warn and/or ban me.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Listen after 9/11 it was more than evident that some Backwards Middle Eastern Countries were going to get blown the F**K up in Retaliation! Bush only attacked the countries that he was given a CHOICE to attack by the International Community! Afghanistan was already a Failed State & so was Iraq (Even if the Terrorists Responsible for Planning & Executing 9/11 were Bred by Corrupt Regimes in countries like Saudi Arabia & Iran - but we can't attack Saudi Arabia because of OIL & Iran's Military is too Powerful - Iraq & Afghanistan were weak in Comparison).

The problem that I see is that the "War on Terror" can NOT be won by just Military means! It has a STRONG Cold War like Psychological Component to it as well!

We need to get our Collective Mind Power together & be really Serious as a Nation! Lets come up with a Credible Plan to wean ourselves off of Middle Eastern OIL & make it into a Reality ASAP (forget about waiting for the Administration to come up with one - lets do it ourselves)!

That would definitely help with the War effort! That would Seriously screw the Arabs up - then they would know were to Shove their $60 a Barrel OIL (hint: were the Sun doesn't shine)!!!

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Lol tell an average Amercian that he has to give up his big, v8 four wheel drive!!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Uk_United why was the Iraq war illegal?

And we will be more than happy to give up our piston V8 Escalades as long as they make a fuel cell Escalade.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Quote: "Lol tell an average Amercian that he has to give up his big, v8 four wheel drive!!"

Time to make a Sacrifice in order to save our Country! God knows that we are still able to make a Sacrifice! I hope that more Americans become aware that Buying Oil & Gasoline Funds the Terrorists! July 4, 2005 -
God Bless the United States of America!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
wasn't taxation without representation illegal

funny hearing about anit-imperialism and anti- war coming from a brit

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Umm that was some 300 hundred years ago, Don't bring things from the far past into a present day debate, because then I could say about everything illegal the USA has done and this would turn into "who was the most evil country in history".

The fact of the matter was Geroge Bush stated that the whole reason about invading Iraq was Weapons of MAss destruction. Now even after hundreds of Un weapons inspectors thouroughly searched the country for months they stated that Iraq has absolutley no weapons of mass destruction. So why on earth did the invasion go ahead? I don't know? Do you please explain to me?

While the Us invaded Iraq and overthrew Saddam Hussein Georgy changed the reason of invading to "liberating a country who has been ruled by a brutal dictator" but why on earth did they overthrow Iraq's dictatorship? Why not overthrow the many African dictatorships which the US ITSELF EMPLOYED AND HAS SOLD WEAPONS TO!

It's funny also how many of the Iraqi weapons are US made. Hmmmm seems fair that you sell a country weapons but then invade the same country for non existent ones that you might as well have sold them.

Now come up with a reasonable reason on why Bush invaded Iraq, back it up with evidence and I'll admit I'm wrong, also state why it wasn't illegal.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is, and has been, declared another Viet-nam for America. I am a vet of that war. I remember seeing the same faces in the Iraqi POWs that we experienced in Nam. You have to see it to know it, but these men who were giving up, were in fact saying 'feed me today, for I kill you tomorrow. Now, make me strong.' Many saw the same thing.

Yesterday, I was talking to a woman who has a son there. She was laughing while the surrender was taking place. But now, she moaned it's 'another Viet-Nam.'

Has anyone ever heard, "Large numbers mean big targets?"

[edit on 4-7-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Its not an Iraqi resistance, somebody has already pointed that out. Argueing about what would of happened is pointless. Lets look at the facts.

Iraqis don't want insurgency
Insurgency slowly dieing down (I believe from 900 attacks to 400 in about 1/2 a year.)
U.S. troops slowly pulling out.
New Iraqi government.
New Iraqi President.
New Iraqi constitution.
New Iraqi Army.
US finally meets recruitment numbers in June.
Rebels begin to fight rebels. LINK

If you ask me, the war has already been won. Of course clean up is need.

Letting some foolish foreign fighter more than likely paid by his own government lecture us on terms of surrendering is more than laughable.

(Off-Topic, Happy 4th lads! )

[edit on 4-7-2005 by evanfitz]

Edit Link WOS

[edit on 7-5-2005 by William One Sac]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So I suppose that the UN report on the Oil For Food Program, and how all those people made billions in profit was all a fabrication made up by the US government, right UK_United? I mean the UN would NEVER EVER do anything wrong, or stupid.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Btw, there are 138,000, not 150,000, Souljah.

seekerof

Or, 138,000, and 20,000 civilian contractors, mercs.

Plus, troops from our awesome and inspiring 30-nation coalition.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
HOw is the war illegal in the first place? Saddam never met the negotiations at his surrender he'd agreed to. He had, several times before Bush showed the balls Cliton did not have, restarted his WMD program and continuely aggrevated UN weapon inspectors and told them 'access denied' to certain location. All violations after the first war. And you are telling me Uk_United that these actions were not in the least bit illegal and that Bush was the one at fault?

We could have ousted Saddam back in 95 as well and should have back from 96-99 when he was running weapon inspectors away from his WMD facilities.

I believe the reason most people claim this war to be illegal is one of two reasons: That Bush is doing the job his father should have done and what Clinton should have done repeatedly (makes liberals look really bad?). Or, liberals and the like live in a fantasy world in which they believe that these situations can be resolved through diplomacy, peace negotiations, and treaties. The later is the equivolent to Chamberlain running around with the treaty he had Hitler sign shortly before he began to bomb England.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I forsee an invasion of Iran in a while, and I fully support it. President Bush said we had to go into Iraq because the Arab Terrorists only understand strength, I agree with that. They do only understand strength. I think the only thing we're doing wrong here is that we're not showing it, we're fighting with one hand behind our back because our country is drowning in political correctness. What Arabs understand is strength, like when Saddam Hussein said, “You Americans will lose this war because you cannot stand the sight of 25,000 dead in one battle.” Gassing his own people. That's what they think of as strength. Every time we pull out and say, “Oh, well, you know what? Have your city back.” That's not strength, it's weakness. I'm not saying we should gas their people or do anything like that. I'm just saying that we put ourselves in a position where we said we're going to show them strength. And let's be honest, we are so not prepared to show the kind of strength they really respect. Thank you politically correct America! Maybe if we'd let the terrorists fly a plane into your peace park and kill your hippie friends, you'd be right on board on superbombing the bastards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join