It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oldest Language in the Universe

page: 1

join
share:
TN1

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dear Friends,

The universe is by far the most exciting, interesting, and mysterious place, from all 'objects' we currently know. Of course, our knowledge is limited despite the fact that we have indeed progressed over the passage of time, academically, technologically, socially, and economically, although there are many debates and objections about the term 'progress'.

Since i have studied physics & mathematics, and i have experienced how beautifull and organised the universe is, it seems that it operates under an intelligent & simple pattern, very difficult to analyse and describe from our point of view. We may have plenty of information about the structure, evolution, and fate of the universe, but not nesseccerily understand why, how, where, and many other questions.

Although there are many problems in our understanding, one can easily see that there is a unique laguage behind the functions & operations of our universe, and this is nothing more than Mathematics.

Mathematics is the most ancient language, the language of all other languages, the language of numbers & operations. Once we 'master', in a sense, this particular language, we will be able to discover the secrets of our existence and the existence of our universe.

Not many people like to do mathematics, but this is a completely wrong attitude, because the solutions to problems, the symmetries, and the new ways of thinking can offer the reader with a broader understanding of the natural laws.

Please let me know if you have any questions in mathematics, or any other relevant information, i will be really glad to answer to you.

An old Member,

TN1

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've been saying this for quite some time here...you can't really deeply understand most of physics without a good mathematical background.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Math is a human language we use to understand the universe not a divine language.

I agree on the beauty of math, but I disagree that it is intrinsic, rather, because we apply our math language to reality, that is why we see it every where.

Math never had an answers for quantum effects like non-locality or particle-wave duality. Rather, our math lets us restate these things as event brought into a know concept. If math was the devine language, it would preexisted as non-definable variables...just like reality.

Nice post.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, great post. The beauty of mathematics is one of the primary reasons I believe in the intelligent design of the universe. It's interesting that we search the heavens with radio telescopes to listen for non-random signals for proof of intelligence in the universe. And what would we accept as proof? Just non-randomness.

Yet all around us is evidence of the non-randomness in creation such as the Fibonacci Series which is extant in everything from the arrangement of flower petals to the orbits of the planets. goldennumber.net...
And people doubt intelligent creation?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I agree, I think one of the most amazing things about the universe is that its written in a language we can understand.To me its seems like a giant construct of immense and sometimes indefinate parameters, but the thing is that we can understand alot of it on some very fundamental levels and even sum it up neatly with the aid of math.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Math never had an answers for quantum effects like non-locality or particle-wave duality. Rather, our math lets us restate these things as event brought into a know concept. If math was the devine language, it would preexisted as non-definable variables...just like reality.

Math HAS explained the 'particle-wave' duality of Quantum effects, at least to my understanding. Wasn't it finally realized that there are no 'point' particles, that there were no places of mass? Everything is completely made up of multidemisnional sparks of energy, which, by vibrating at different 'frequencies' (for lack of a better term) make up our very particles (all 200+ of them). I thought M-Theory (the combination of the different 'mirror' effects of String Theory) exaplained all that.

Is it just me or did you stop research in the '70s?

TN1

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dear Friends,

Thanks for your replies, yes they indeed exist a lot of interpretations in quantum physics, and it definitely seems that the mathematical one is the most accurate, since maths is the language of physics.

Although mathematics is a great language and tool, we cannot underestimate the power of Imagination. The intelligence or cognitive ability as it called in other terms consists of three main functions, as the most theorists accept, but not in strick terms:

Memory

Imagination

Mathematical Ability

It is more likely that, as the friend has already stated, particles are nothing more than a different 'manifestation' of the 'same thing', which means that if multidimensional 'sparks' of energy 'vibrating' with different frequencies then they 'produce' different particles (probable but not 100% sure).

Again than you very much for your replies.

TN1

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
does math gives answer to the religiestic (RELIGION) thought about existance of GOD? and concept of heaven and hell.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Shaolin and Wudan monks have a mastery of applied quantum physics in their training. You don't need a knowledge of math to master it's secrets as an individual. Youboob some shaolin training videos or documentaries. Or that of the Wudan mountain monks. You'll understand.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Universal Language or Soul Language is talking in symbols, you could wrap up what our world is about in one symbol, has that for intelligence.

top topics

join