It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove is a Liar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

I only posted a link that someone else posted.

If our members choose to contact Mr. Luskin's office, I would hope
they only do so with a reasonably amount of dignity.

I know you did. That's cool, if that was your actual intent. To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I recently had a mod do something that I thought was terrible. Another member let it happen, and I was royally pissed. Not at the mods, they were justified in doing what they did due to the members infolved's responses. I was pissed at that member. I wrote a scathing essay as a result, and U2Ued it to myself. I knew I was upset, and wanted to reread it and edit it when I wasn't so angry to make my point as well as I could. Another member, a close friend of mine, asked me what my intentions were with that. Of course I told him it was to cause change in the policies of ATS to make it more fair. However, he got me thinking. I ended up delving deep within my own mind, and realized what it was I was doing. I wasn't trying to create change. I wasn't even trying to correct what I saw as wrong. I was trying to hurt that member. That was my goal, and, from what I heard from my friends, both on ATS and off, that I sent the essay to, I did a very good job. I evicerated that member in the essay.

That essay is gone now, I deleted it from my U2U, from my hard drive, and from my email. I sent it to a lot of non-ATS members from my church to make sure I wasn't over reacting. Everyone had said what I wrote was completely honest, but the one member of ATS asked me my intentions. I realized it wasn't to fix a problem, but rather to get my revenge on that person.

So I just want to ask you to do the same. You don't have to come on here, if you discover you were doing it for revenge, and let us know. Just look at it, and think through those eyes I just gained before you post something like that. I would prefer if you not respond to this post. Then, no one will know if your thinking,
or if you realized you were trying to hurt Rove through any means possible.

What's said is said, and it can't be taken back. Chances are, the edit button is gone from your post. My goal with this, if you're like me and reacted as I did, is to open your eyes to that for future posts. There are no hard feelings, and this will be the last time I talk about this, even if you respond. Rock, rock on, and continue to deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Follow-up to that, I spoke directly with the member I talked about in my last post, and it turned out to be a misinterpreation. After having talked with him, I was very glad I didn't post that but saved it for later. If anyone has made the connection of who or what I'm talking about, that member is actually really cool, and we've been talking since I first let him know where I was coming from. It was a misunderstanding, nothing more, yet I was ready to call fire from heaven on them. Sometimes the biggest injustices we experiences, in our minds, turn out to be simple misunderstandings that work themselves out as soon as you let the other person know where it is you're coming from.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The sharing of that information was legal, irregardless of motive.

It's actors acting badly, isn't it?

In the post below, it seemed you were seeking to justify that same behavior. Jost a thought.

Originally posted by junglejake
The dirty tricks have been going on in America under the guise of American politics since our nations founding. Rove is being commended by the right because he came up with a way that the Republicans could be on par with the Dems. Is it dirty? Yeah. Does it suck? Yeah. However, it's what politics is. Until all sides are willing to make a change, the dirty tricks will continue. That's the point I tried to make on that thread, and that's obviously the point I'm trying to make with this post.

[edit on 7/17/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just posted my thoughts in another related thread.

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
Speaking of clueless,

We should keep in mind that the Bush administration was delusional thinking that
this was going to be a quick and dirty little war.

Flowers for the troops and all.

They weren't about to let something like world opinion or ethics stop them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join