It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove is a Liar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
@kidfinger

I gave government credit for infrastructure and military. I don't give them credit for giving me a great life. I did that on my own, and I still feel sorry for people who depend on government.

Karl Rove has a specific job, that is a consultant to President Bush. That is like asking "What has "Joe Smo" the accountant done to better American living?"

But since you are being persistent, my final answer is "Getting Bush elected...twice!" He did his job!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
@kidfinger

I gave government credit for infrastructure and military. I don't give them credit for giving me a great life. I did that on my own, and I still feel sorry for people who depend on government.

No you dont do these things on your own. The roads is just one example. Fact is, you need the government. We all do. But we need it to be fair to the people. Not the special intrest groups. That is what Rove is all about.

Karl Rove has a specific job, that is a consultant to President Bush. That is like asking "What has "Joe Smo" the accountant done to better American living?"

Your analogy is wrong. Rove is the voice in the ear of Bush. He is the conscience that Bush adheres to. You might say he is the puppet handler.

But since you are being persistent, my final answer is "Getting Bush elected...twice!" He did his job!

And it seems you are persistant in evading my question. Rove did not get Bush elected. He had a small part that he played, but he HIMSELF was NOT responsible for it.

Care to try agian?
Or do you still think that Rove is anything other than a political bigot...

[edit on 7/4/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I depend on myself for a better life...not government. I still feel sorry for people who depend on government rather than themselves for a better life.

Just a question. Do you support any dependents?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There's an article of Rove in the latest issue of Vanity Fair (which, btw, is an excellent magazine for politics). He is one creepy dude. The man's at least in his late 40's and he's never been married. Not even like Rush "pills" Limbaugh who's tried out 2 or 3 wives.. and failed. He's still single after all this time. You'd think a man who's been in his position of power would have the ladies all over him? Someone should have snagged Msr. Rove by now.

Or maybe he himself is gay. He is not one in this administration to stump for the religious right. He doesn't care about their issues. He merely uses them for the tool they've allowed themselves to be.

His being gay could explain why he's never even been divorced. Is it wrong that he is gay? No. What is wrong about it is the way they make themselves come across.. Christian values and such.. How would the religious right feel if they found out that none other than Bush's puppet master is a HOMO!

Would they support Bush then? (Especially if the knowledge of it was national.)

I don't care about his sexual proclivities one way or another. To me, the man is just creepy, in a very J.Edgar Hoover kind of way. I just don't wanna hear about Bush trying to ram one group's version of Christianity into Federal law. They need to keep their own house clean and quit worrying about everyone else's spiritual life.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My good friend Lecky has brought something to my attention...

Karl Rove, has in fact, been married. My bad. The VF article doesn't mention any of that.

Rove remarried in 1986. He and his wife, Darby, a graphic artist, have a 10-year-old son and live in a house in the hills overlooking Austin. They are also renovating an old lodge on the Guadalupe River in the Hill Country southwest of Austin. He is an avid quail hunter. "That's Q-U-A-I-L," he says.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Thanks for pointing that out Lecky, and for providing me the link(s).

We gotta keep each other on our toes.

The man is still creepy to me, tho. It seems his entire mission in life is George W. Bush. What in the world will he do once Bush steps down?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

The man is still creepy to me, tho. It seems his entire mission in life is George W. Bush. What in the world will he do once Bush steps down?

One of two things. He will be the one running America, OR he will quietly sob into his pillow at nite knowing that his political slandar and party bigotry got him nowhere after the Bush cabals demise.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

One of two things. He will be the one running America, OR he will quietly sob into his pillow at nite knowing that his political slandar and party bigotry got him nowhere after the Bush cabals demise.

Exactly. Based on the man's track record, who's gonna wanna work w/him?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yes, I am married and have 4 kids! As of right now they are all Republicans!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Still evading questions I see.

Been able to come up with a contribution to the American people yet?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

To me, the man is just creepy, in a very J.Edgar Hoover kind of way.

You mean Rove is a closet homosexual who punishes himself by repressing others?

I just don't wanna hear about Bush trying to ram one group's version of Christianity into Federal law.

Amen to that, no pun intended.

On this topic I have to agree with Marg... seen from north of the border, it seemed that 9/11 caused an exemplary solidarity of the American people, on the community level and on the national level. Now, what seems to be going on is the people in power saying "Thank god for good Republican Americans who pulled together after 9/11 to fight the enemy within!"

It's an alarming development, if you ask me...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thank God for your sake, nothing out of the ordinary has happened, where you might actually have to depend of the kindness of others , or the government (social security). I hope for you and yours, life and God allows you to remain independent of that.

One day you could find yourself thanking God for Social Security.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My own father, being the bright and well-intentioned young Republican conservative he was, railed against social security and all of this; only to die unexpectedly. If it hadn't been for that social security net, I honestly don't know where my mother would've gotten money to pay rent and feed us. What my dad didn't figure in, was that my mom would re-marry and essentially sign my dad's (our ) bank account over to my worthless stepmonster who snorted up his nose, everything my dad worked for and left us. There are two sides to every story, my friend.

I just would love to know what dad would've said, then, knowing how it all went down.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I just came across this piece about Rove and what the author calls Rove's problem: Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Saturday, July 02, 2005
Harvest of Pain and Sorrow
By Jason Miller

More's the pity for humanity. While high functioning, and obviously successful by society's measures, Karl Rove shows many outward signs of having the undiagnosed and untreated spiritual malady known as narcissistic personality disorder. As American Progress Action Fund suggested in a recent newsletter, and as I am suggesting, it is Karl Rove who needs therapy. His ailment is causing tremendous human suffering as he satiates his narcissistic desires by facilitating the spread of tyranny in the most powerful nation in the world. Rove has sown the seeds and tended the fields well as the cultivator of humanity's blight, the Bush administration, social conservatism, and tyranny. Thanks to his efforts, humanity is reaping a bountiful harvest of pain and sorrow.
civillibertarian.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

You mean Rove is a closet homosexual who punishes himself by repressing others?

He, he, every time I see Mr. Rove in the news I have to wonder . . .

But then again somebody in such public eye and scrutiny will not allowed any skeletons get out of his closet.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But then again somebody in such public eye and scrutiny will not allowed any skeletons get out of his closet.

skull N Bones!

Oops.. I just felt compelled to blurt that out....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
OH, you mean that kind of skeletons, well now I see the link and the. . . resemblances with our two main figures here

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
OH, you mean that kind of skeletons, well now I see the link and the. . . resemblances with our two main figures here

Perzactly!!!

Karl Rove's got the insider's inside, baby.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, it seems Mr. Rove's recent misdeeds finally might be catching up to him. For those of you who don't remember, while he was working on George H. W. Bush's re-election back in the early '90's he was caught basically playing the same dirty game, and Poppy Bush fired him. I wonder if his son Dubya will follow through on his promise to "take care of" him?

Bush:
"There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. If there's leaks out of my Administration, I want to know who it is, and if the person has violated the law, the person will be taken care of."

Here are a few new articles:

White House Maintains Silence about Rove
By Pete Yost
The Associated Press

Tuesday 12 July 2005

Washington - The White House is suddenly facing damaging evidence that it misled the public by insisting for two years that presidential adviser Karl Rove wasn't involved in leaking the identity of a female CIA officer.

President Bush, at an Oval Office photo opportunity Tuesday, was asked directly whether he would fire Rove - in keeping with a pledge in June, 2004, to dismiss any leakers in the case. The president did not respond.

For the second day, White House press secretary Scott McClellan refused to answer questions about Rove.
www.truthout.org...

Rove Unfit for Public Office
By Juan Cole
Informed Consent

Tuesday 12 July 2005

Whether the courts can and will punish Karl Rove for telling Time Magazine's Matthew Cooper that Joe Wilson's wife was a CIA operative should be beside the point. That's for the courts to decide.

The real question is whether we want a person to occupy a high office in the White House when that person has cynically endangered US national security to take a petty sort of revenge on a whistleblower.

Ambassador Joe Wilson, who once dared Saddam to hang him while wearing a rope around his neck while acting ambassador in Baghdad in fall of 1990, was the first to let the American people know that the Bush administration lied about Iraq's alleged attempt to purchase uranium yellowcake from Niger. Wilson went to that country, investigated the structure of the uranium industry (which is mainly in French hands anyway), and concluded it was impossible. Bush and Cheney had believed a set of forged documents manufactured by a former employee of Italian military intelligence. (In the US, the only major public intellectual with close ties to Italian military intelligence is pro-war gadfly Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute).
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Id like to see Bush keep his promise. Bush said he would FIRE the person who leaked the information CIA information. Karl Rove has admitted to leaking it. WHy is he still employed? If Bush doesnt fire Rove, that will make Bush a BONIFIDE LIAR. The proof will be in Roves employment retention.

[edit on 7/13/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You're exactly right, Kidfinger.

He said he kick 'em to the curb if he found out someone on his staff fed this to the media.

This is the moment of Dubya's truth, folks. Don't blink.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join