It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove is a Liar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
President Bush is enjoying the lowest poll numbers ever for a second term president. He can't get anyone on board for his social security privitization scam; the Iraq War is going badly; his Bolton nomination to the UN is dead in the water; and military recruitment is suffering. The White House is having serious problems. So, what does Bushmaster Karl Rove do? He turns to the old bash liberal defense. Blame it all on them for their failures. How long will the public allow this to continue? Every single failure mentioned above can be laid at the feet of this administration. It's time for someone to call Rove on the carpet for his bu#. Afterall, people are dying because of their madness.

The very same Republicans who somehow still support this administration would have taken Clinton out back and shot him by now if he had done what Bush has.

Karl Rove Is a Liar
By Joe Conason
Salon.com

Friday 24 June 2005

In attacking liberals' reaction to Sept. 11, Bush's senior advisor once again resorts to McCarthy-style tactics.
Karl Rove is a liar and a scoundrel. He is not a patriot but a pure partisan, as his own record proved long before now.

The other night Rove lied about the liberal reaction to the Sept. 11attacks and again exploited patriotism for narrow partisan advantage in a time of war. He seeks to divert public opinion from the failures of the Bush administration by suppressing dissent, stigmatizing "liberals" and returning to the same old tactics that the Republican far right has used ever since the McCarthy era.

His unhinged rhetoric is a sign of deep worry within the White House, of course, as polls continue to show deepening public alienation from the president and growing skepticism about the war in Iraq.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Actually Rove is telling the truth and the truth hurts!

Rule of thumb: If it makes liberals mad, it must be good. Never fails.

You would think that all of Bush perceived failures would make the liberals happy. But no...they just get angrier and angrier. AND YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? (inside joke). The fact is liberals are losing and they know it!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can't speak for liberals, as I am a Republican. Maybe my liberal Staff Member Kidfinger could address this.

Rove is being a jacka$$. That's what he does. He's not helping the GOP cause, if intelligent governance is being sought.

My party is veering dangerously close to the cliffs of lunacy.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey Carseller. I know you wont click on the link to read the article so I have another quote for you from it.

As a New Yorker who stood on my street and watched the Twin Towers fall, I take strong personal exception to Rove's ugly slander against "liberals." According to him, liberals "saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers." That broad-brush smear is false, and Rove knows it.

The truth is that liberal New York - and the vast majority of American liberals and progressives - stood with the president in his decision to invade Afghanistan and overthrow the Taliban. On the day of the attacks, I wrote a column that endorsed "hunting down and punishing" those responsible because the dead deserved justice - and noted that when the culpability of Osama bin Laden and the Taliban was established, the United States "is fully capable of dealing with them."

That Schmuck seems to have forgotten that after 9-11, America was more united agianst a common cause than ever before. Liberals and Conservatives alike were joined in the glory of nationalism. Rove is a schmuck and a liar. He is just trying to piss off the Democratic party and start some crap. Typical of Rove. Carseller. Can you tell me anything this man has done to better our country?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Can you tell me anything this man has done to better our country?

That is an excellent question.. lemme up the ante:

Please name THREE things Karl Rove has done for this nation.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Got Bush in office in Texas, got daddy bush in office in 1988, and got bush in office in 2004.(not 2000, the Supreme Court did that)

Wait, those are all bad things....

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
@ James the Lesser

Thanks for answering for me! That was exactly what I was going to say as good things he has done for the country. Getting Bush elected and re-elected.

I'd like to see a debate between Rove and "Scream" Dean. Neither side would win but it would be great entertainment!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
ECK, as a Council member and one who is an upstanding member within this site, knock off the circumventing the censors. You are an example, and as such, how is the staff supposed to correct members for doing the same thing, when you are doing likewise?

As for your rhetoric ridden commentary on and of Mr. Rove:

Afterall, people are dying because of their madness.

As I recall, how many Democrat and liberal Democrats voted for the war against Iraq? I would imagine that they carry just as much to blame for those deaths as those you accuse.

I have never seen so much pure hatred from a party. Let it keep festering and oozing out, 2008 may be another sad year for those like you hoping for change. Now, do you think the American people are missing this concerning the Democrats? Will it have a bearing on those elections?

And ECK, your days of saying you are a "Republican" are over. Those of us who know how many times you have said this, also know how you have abused that erroneous claim.

seekerof

[edit on 4-7-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

As I recall, how many Democrat and liberal Democrats voted for the war against Iraq? I would imagine that they carry just as much to blame for those deaths as those you accuse.

There wer Dems who voted for the war in Iraq. There are a few Dems who still think it was the right thing to do. Zell being the main turd sandwich. But it is my opinion that congress used the ample nationalism still in the air from 9-11 to bolster support from the Dems. The Reps used the national rage to pass the war in congress. We were told, as well as the Dems who voted for this, that Saddam had Nukes. Not WMD, that wasnt till later. The first claim was that Saddam had Nukes. Dems were played by the Bush cabal.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More than a handful of Democrats voted for the Iraq war resolution, in fact it passed with more support than the resolution for the first Gulf War when Saddam invaded Kuwait. More Democratic Senators voted for the measure than against it (29 for to 21 against).

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ECK, as a Council member and one who is an upstanding member within this site, knock off the circumventing the censors. You are an example, and as such, how is the staff supposed to correct members for doing the same thing, when you are doing likewise?

That's like tellin' a drill sergeant he can't cuss at his recruits!

My apologies to those out there who may have been offended by my creative way of saying something. In the future I will try and set a better example.

As for your rhetoric ridden commentary on and of Mr. Rove:

Rhetoric ridden? One man's rhetoric is another's actual viewpoint. If you want to accuse me of that, that's fine. And that's fair. At least what I have said is original. You're not going to find any party's talking points melded in.

Afterall, people are dying because of their madness.

You're expletive skippy, they share the blame! They were gutless in the face of good intelligence that said Bush's claims were wrong. To me, that is unforgiveable.

I have never seen so much pure hatred from a party. Let it keep festering and oozing out, 2008 may be another sad year for those like you hoping for change. Now, do you think the American people are missing this concerning the Democrats? Will it have a bearing on those elections?

Karl Schwartz is running for president on his APM (American Patriot Movement) party, which is Independent. I may support him. And having talked to him, who knows, I may just try and work for him. Both parties are morally bankrupt and sold out. It's time for a real third party, and maybe fourth. Their success boils down to one thing: how the media covers them.

And ECK, your days of saying you are a "Republican" are over. Those of us who know how many times you have said this, also know how you have abused that erroneous claim.

The NeoCons will never run me out of my party (like they couldn't take over the Democratic party). If you really knew anything about me, you would know I voted Republican all my life until 2004. Back when I didn't like a Republican candidate, I would abstain from voting; or in the case of Patrick J. Buchanan, I'd cast my lot with with them, in a vote of good conscience. During the presidential primaries of 1996, I did not like Sen. Bob Dole. I saw him as a party yes-man. If I hate anything, I hate that. So when the primaries rolled into South Carolina, I had a good time with it. I voted for Pat Buchanan (and to this day I'm proud of that vote.
) Man, if Pat would have won... There would have been no Clinton.
But I digress..
Pat's a real Republican. Nothing like George W. Bush. Bush is what the New Testament calls a Babe in the spirit. Buchanan has known himself politically since as far back as most of us can remember: all my life. He was a strong Nixon man, and Reagan man, writing their speeches and being truly a loyal servant. (Too much so in my opinion, tho not in any illegal sense.) He's the real deal conservative. The party threw that man to wolves. Like everyone threw bright star Howard Dean to the wolves. In both cases, the masses were dead wrong.

Sorry that you don't like that I'm a Republican, Seekerof. When I quit believin' in Jesus, I'll quit bein' a Republican. Or when I see a real candidate actually ascend to show, then I'll quit voting Republican.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Amazing when many forget that in the face of disaster everybody not matter political stance, credo or color will united in the fight.

That is what happen right after 9/11, American patriotism was at his best, but alas there came the profiteers, and scam artists to make a buck out of that patriotism.

Now the hight and the rapture is over, reality set down and the blame started.

Most American wants accountability and that is what our "elected politicians" are there for, to provide what "We the people wants"

Mr. Rove is a poppet master.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Mr. Rove is a poppet master.

It's like I was saying earlier, I have no doubt that Bush believes everything he sez. He just doesn't grasp the the reality of what is going on - because what he is being told is very selective. Or, he actually does know and he is pure evil. Either way..

Bush absorbs everything Karl Rove tells him. Bush then spits it out like a college freshman doing their best to pass that stupid poli/sci class they had to take.

That's why he's coming off so bad. Even the hand-picked audiences he speaks to are starting to wake up and see how wrong he is.

I expect Osama or Zarqawi to start causing trouble again very soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

By the way this type of matters like the one on the above quote, should be handle by u2s not on the open thread.

I didn't find any thing insulting on any of the post so far as a member but occurs my view of insults perhaps is different than most.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's an excellent op/ed by E.J. Dionne calling Rove's current charges against liberals and Democrats McCarthyism.

Karl Rove's new brand of McCarthyism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's a sophisticated strategy aimed at making liberals and Democrats all look soft on terrorism."

7/3/2005

By E.J. DIONNE

In the 1950s, the right attacked liberals for being communists. In 2005, Karl Rove has attacked liberals for being therapists. Thus is born a kinder and gentler form of McCarthyism.
Named after the late Sen. Joe McCarthy, who never let the facts get in the way of his lust to charge liberals with sedition, McCarthyism has come to mean "guilt by association." What gave McCarthyism its power was that the senator from Wisconsin did not invent the danger posed to the United States by Soviet communism. The Soviet Union was a real threat, and there were real communist spies working in America.

What made McCarthy and his allies so insidious was their eagerness to level the "soft on communism" charge against even staunchly anti-communist liberals. The McCarthyites' real enemies were the New Deal liberals who had dominated American politics for 20 years. The McCarthy crowd was willing to divide the nation at a time of grave international peril if that's what it took to beat the liberals.
www.buffalonews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Carseller, could you please answer my question posed earlier? What good has Rove done for the United States? What has he had his hand in that actually benifitted the people? I can find NOTHING. I have searched for 2 days and I can find not ONE single thing he has done to better my or your own life. Karl Rove is a pompus butthead who keeps getting appointed because of his special intrest contacts. That man is a virus in this nations blood.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
@Kidfinger

James the Lesser answered for me!

He helped Bush get elected...Twice!

Rove is not an elected politician, he is a consultant. So the only thing he can do is give advice.

BTW I don't need government or anyone to do anything for me to better my life. If you do, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
@Kidfinger

James the Lesser answered for me!

Are you not capable of answering for yourself? JTL answered that in a negative response. Are you agreeing with what he said?

Rove is not an elected politician, he is a consultant. So the only thing he can do is give advice.

And BAD advice at that.

BTW I don't need government or anyone to do anything for me to better my life. If you do, I feel sorry for you.

Oh, pardon me. You can build your own roads? Enforce your own laws? Fund education for children? You do need the government. If you dont think so, then it is I who feel sorry for you.

So agian I will ask YOU. What has Rove done to better your life? If you want, I can answer that for you.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
@Kidfinger

What part of helping Bush get elected don't you understand?

The way we are taxed, we better have good roads, an awesome military, and great law enforcement. Government education is not something to brag about however. I'm all for the basics of Government, but 75% of government spending is useless. So I stand by my statement, I depend on myself for a better life...not government. I still feel sorry for people who depend on government rather than themselves for a better life.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Carseller, glad you can build those roads to drive on all by your lil self.......

You ARE dependant on the government for everything you do every day of your life. Like it or not, that is the way our system is set up. And Rove is attempting to create a new brand of McCarthyism to attempt to prortray Liberals, and anyone else who doesnt agree with Bush for that matter, as heritics of American lineage. Getting Bush elected is not what I was reffering to. Rove had little to do with that. More than Rove was involved in that debacle.

Now, once agian I will ask you. Can you name ONE thing Rove has done to better American living?

[edit on 7/4/05 by Kidfinger]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join