It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Storms Lash Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Frankfurt/Haag/Bern/Zagreb/Ljubljana - On Wednesday Evening and at Night most of the Europe was caught in Severe Storms, with Heavy Rains which Flooded Houses and Roads and Wind that Torn Treas and uncovered Roofs

Storms have Lashed Southern Germany, almost entire Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Slovenija and Croatia. Heavy Rain have forced the Frankfurt Airport down for almost an hour, Railroad Traffic has been interrupted. Severe Wind, that was blowing almost 110 km/h was pulling out Trees and tearing off Roofs. In Netherlands and Belgium several Houses were Flooded.

Several Homes in Slovenija and Croatia were without Electrical Power.

An 11-Year Old Girl Died when a Tree fell on a Camping Tent in Slovenija.

This kind of Severe Storms are results of Extereme Heat that is Reported thoughout Europe.

Now I dont rememeber this kind of Storms lashing us in the past, 10-15 years ago. Its kind of Scary to think, what will happen in the future ten years, at the current rate of Global Warming.

And the Reports are already coming in from Italy about the Casualties of the Extreme Heat, that is already starting - and is probably going to be much worse then Last Year.

Here is some pictures:

Adopted and Translated from:

Delo.si

RTV Slovenija

24ur.com

[edit on 30/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We had a period of really hot weather in the UK recently, by me it ranged from 25C to 30C for a fair few days but then we got a couple of decent storms, plenty of rain, thunder and lightning.
I think the weather in Europe is going to slowly become more hostile in the coming years, with hotter temps and more regular storms.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I think the weather in Europe is going to slowly become more hostile in the coming years, with hotter temps and more regular storms.

Yep.

I agree with You.

The Temperatures here are Higher then ever before - I dont remember them being so High.

And the Weather is just Crazy and Hostile.

Storms will get more and more Deadly, Winds more and more Faster and things will get complicated.

I saw this Storm yesterday Evening and I must say I was Scared of this Power that Mother Nature Unleashed.

It was a very unpleasant feeling....

[edit on 30/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Wow that really sucks, and being so many places, wow.

On a side note, wasnt there a bad heatwave in France last summer, I remember seeing something on the news about this french island that had to have water brought by boat almost twice a day.

[edit on 7/3/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think a few thousand elderly people diesd as a results of that French heatwave last year, but it wasn't widely publicised, suprisingly.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That heatwave was in 2003. I seem to recall a death toll, linked directly to the weather, of about 40,000. The victims were mostly the elderly and the very young/sick. About 2000 of those deaths were in the UK.

The weather, when viewed long-term has definitely been changing here in the UK over the last couple of decades. We seem to get more of the severe "microburst" localised storms every year. These affect a small area but can bring devastation in only a short period of time with lightning, heavy rainfall and even the occassional tornado

I drove into the edge of a tornado a few years back in the early hours of the morning. It was like driving into a wall of water and I had to just put on the hazard lights and stop (on a motorway... although there was only 1 other car visible about 1/4 mile ahead of me). Just after I stopped, the car started shaking and this increased in intensity until I was gripping the steering wheel tightly. Then, it suddenly subsided and the rain eased off again. A real brown trouser moment

new topics

top topics

join