It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tactics of a "freedom" fighter in his own words...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

At the same time, if the US would have stayed home, there would be no insurgency, period.

Iraq NEVER had a terrorist attack until the US set foot there.

Really?

What would you call the Iraqi forces (under Saddam) beheading civilians in the streets?

What about the kids released from the prisons after Saddam’s defeat?

No terrorism before the US?

Hardly…

Not to say we’ve been angels here… We started a (now proven) illegal war, and apparently with a piss poor recovery and withdrawal plan for stabilizing Iraq.

We’ve imprisoned children suspected of terrorism too, which to me, is a complete case of hypocrisy on our part…

Still, we don’t go around purposefully targeting and harming innocents or torturing them.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

At the same time, if the US would have stayed home, there would be no insurgency, period.

Iraq NEVER had a terrorist attack untill the US set foot there

Your right... the insurgency would be on American soil.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Can I point out that the term "Freedom fighter" is used by one side supporting the "combatant" while "terrorist" is used by the ones against the "comabtanat".
Just to clear that up ok?

Secondly, if this is an example of how "they" treat the good guys you might want to take notice..
The tactics used are brutal and sick I agree, but you will notice that ALL I repeat ALL the time there is a mention to a person named mushin. No part during the interview does it say they hurt him, Mushin did, THAT suggest's he is a group leader. The lack of involvement by the other members implies that some if not most do not wish to harm the police officer. Also the bombing, there is a refrence to a person named Ahmid Sinjar who activates the bomb.

Why does Mushin not activate the bomb? Does he lack the technical experience to operate the bomb?
If so it would show that Ahmid is more technically minded than Mushin, indicateing Mushin might actually be an interogator of somekind.

Also the group they belong to is called ; Ansar Al-Sunna

Jaish Ansar al-Sunna or Army of the Protectors of the Sunna (faith), is an Islamist militant group in Iraq that fought the US-led occupation and US-backed interim government of Iyad Allawi, and continues to fight the new ruling government of Jalal Talabani. The group is based in northern and central Iraq, and includes both Iraqi Kurdish and Sunni Arab religious radicals as well as many foreign fighters

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a radical group , by no means a "regular freedom fighter" .

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

What would you call the Iraqi forces (under Saddam) beheading civilians in the streets?Like you pointed out, it WAS Saddam, cant be terrorism.

What about them? Thats not terrorism.

Still, we don’t go around purposefully targeting and harming innocents or torturing them.
Really? All the picture and prison abuse was made up? Everyone that is being held is guilty?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

Your right... the insurgency would be on American soil.

We would have to be invaded for there to be an insurgency, and WE would be the insurgents.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So your saying on September 11 2001 Americans were all insurgences?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Nope you just said it.

No country tried to "take the country of USA", just hurt us.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Nope you just said it.

sure there are countries trying to take America, maybe u need to look at WW1 and saw wat caused us to join that war.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Nope you just said it.

What ever you say.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nope you just said it.

What ever you say.

Who has tried to occupy us?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What would you call the Iraqi forces (under Saddam) beheading civilians in the streets?Like you pointed out, it WAS Saddam, cant be terrorism.

So, just because it was done by Saddam, it wasn't terrorism? Please define your view of what terrorism is...I'm curious. My view of it is "the deliberate targetting of civilians in order to generate fear and achieve a political objective" (key word being deliberate).

What about them? Thats not terrorism.

Again, see my definition...it certainly contributes purposefully to a climate of fear.

Really? All the picture and prison abuse was made up? Everyone that is being held is guilty?

Unlike terrorists, we actually punish those who do such actions (even when our own), not celebrate them. Nice try, but the ones responsible for those acts are NOT celebrating right now...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

If it is truely about invoking fear, The US goverment is guilty as any.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

"Iguess we will have to agree to dissagree"

Nope, lets just assume Garzoks right and your wrong

"If it is truely about invoking fear, The US goverment is guilty as any."

I actually agree with you, "any" also means nearly every government on the planet. But the truth is no government is innocent, but when you're the biggest and most influential, you tend to get the most press.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

"Iguess we will have to agree to dissagree"

Nope, lets just assume Garzoks right and your wrong

Opionins are like A-holes everyone has one.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Another productive comment from you cobra, your consistency is awe inspiring.

But back to the topic: These guys are animals who savagely kill and maim their own in some sick gesture of “defiance”. These guys are nothing but common criminals who would be raping and stealing if not in a war zone. The US occupation is just their excuse to live out their savage perversions and predisposition of greed and violence.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

These guys are nothing but common criminals who would be raping and stealing if not in a war zone. The US occupation is just their excuse to live out their savage perversions and predisposition of greed and violence.

Do you really feel this way, its bit racist.
I am sorry you feel this way.

Do you realize most of the insurgent do not even come from Iraq?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

yeah...no wonder they have no qualms with killing Iraqi civilians, even intentionally since it aint their own people and not to mention destroying electric and oil industries, targeting bakeries, schools, barber shops, etc. tsk tsk.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Do you really feel this way, its bit racist.
I am sorry you feel this way.

Racist? How? You have no idea WHO you are calling a racist. You comment shows me definitively how short sided you are. Explain how you can justify calling me a racist? You clearly have no understanding of the word.

Calling a group of criminals savages is not a racist comment, your ASSUMPTION that I am talking about all Iraqis is a sign of your ignorance. Your credibility in my eyes as a poster has dropped to zero.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

your ASSUMPTION that I am talking about all Iraqis is a sign of your ignorance. Your credibility in my eyes as a poster has dropped to zero.

Well, in all honesty, I read it the same. Maybe you could be more descriptive in the future.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Im sorry if I misinterpeted you, I even asking if you knew that most the insurgents where not from Iraq.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join