It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza withdrawl shows Israeli Settler arrogance

page: 1

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:06 AM
In reading about the recent Gaza Pullout, it appears that the Jewish settlers are highly resistant to giving back the land that has been agreed will resolve the bloody conflict. Do they want bloody wars and fierce resentment again? I for one am happy I dont have to read about the god awfull tragedys that happened there day after day. You think there would be relief.

In fact, if anything, this is showing that it wasnt violence of the Palestinians so much as the arrogance and unwillingness of the Jewish settlers that have been holding this process up all along.

Now Israel is arresting their own people for not complying which is where the real problem was, both in their military, and their settlers.

I applaud Sharon and Abbas for their efforts in staying the course. It is sad that so many have lost their innocent lives over pride and nationalism, but at this point in time, the right things is being done. Israel has chosen a road lesser traveled and the Palestinians should reciprocate with peace.