It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. struggling on China-war planning : top USAF officer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've read the posts so far and I find that people in this thread think China is as capable of the erstwhile USSR militarily, I have to strongly disagree here.
Though Chinese military might seem to posses great strength by their constant military maneuvering, the fact is that their military might is not even a fraction of Soviet capabilities. Even though the communists in China would have us believe that the PLA is some "Dragon" it is in actuality a fierce tabby cat compared to the Soviets.
Though my comparison might sound silly but this is the fact, the US virtually surrounds china in sides and with great capability in that region. I don’t think china would/can afford to launch a missile that would harm the US. Also Russia with its decadent military poses no significant threat to the US any more so rule out that option. We are left with North Korea, the Chinese front for open US opposition, this nation even though it claims to be a republic it is infact the private estate of a despotic madman whose purse is controlled by china. Even though they regularly threaten the total annihilation of the US through their supposedly "indigenous" ICBM an aegis carrier off the coast of N.Korea would be enough to neutralize any missile that makes it past their territorial waters!

To the posters that said that the MTHEL would be ineffective due to its inability to strike effectively neutralize high-velocity hardened projectiles, I think it would foolish to assume that the US would have a missile shield based solely on high energy Lasers. The missile shield will the total synergy of all types of Radar (NORAD group) and all types of neutralizing systems, land, sea, air and space based. The system would have to be multi tiers with different radar and neutralizing systems in each stage, I think no country can afford a completely LASER based missile shield as they are too costly to maintain and also consume enormous amounts of power, a country will have to shut down power to all its cities if it has to use all its lasers during any eventuality, that is just not feasible. I think the MTHEL and other land based lasers will be used to in the outer tiers of the shield as it effectively renders the projectile powerless and then through other conventional missile defense systems physically destroy the projectile. Railguns and other high velocity depleted uranium shells can also be used to tear the incoming missile into shreds and make it disintegrate before reaching a credible damage zone.
I don’t know if this is this has been said before but it would be possible to use an EMP wave to knock out the initiator in a nuclear bomb so that it is unable to explode even though it strikes the systems, I think most militaries use electronic ignition systems for their nukes so it would be possible but if somebody used something like the Fat man then it would be useless.

IAF

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
There was no riot in India today..The opposition party tried to enforce an unlawful curfew because some six terrorists had stormed into a sacred hindu worshipping site..That's what happened today/yesterday..

Nepal has a Hindu Majority.. Is it a part of India??..
Religion (At least in secular democratic republics) does not dictate boundaries.. and it never can if we are to progress(evolve) as a species..

There was a riot in india yesterday/today. i saw it in the news..

from what i heard the people in kashmir are from different ethnic groups to the inidan side of the border. not indian controlled kashmir.. they are migrants from pakistan??

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the chinese government promotes the chinese army as passive/non-aggressive.

if the chinese really wanted to create a soviet union army to threaten everyone the chinese economy would suffer.

its the americans that promote china as a threat and not the chiense themsevles.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

There was a terrorist attack in Ayodhya, at sacred Hindu shrine by Pakistani islamic jehadi terrorists of the Lashkar-e-Toibha outfit.

Everyone was enraged and the opposition organised a huge rally condemning the act and demanding the resignation of the home minister for the security lapse.

from what i heard the people in kashmir are from different ethnic groups to the inidan side of the border. not indian controlled kashmir.. they are migrants from pakistan??

Kashmiri islam is based on sufi islam which is a mild and rare form of islam and shuns violence. This variety of islam is unique to kashmir and is found not in other part of both india and pakistan. They are not migrants from pakistan. This variety is local to Kashmir. Pakistan has a blood thirsty jehadi from of Islam (shia+sunni) and sends its terrorists to wipe out this sufi islam

Around 20% of Kashmir's population is buddhist. They are frequently attacked by the pakistani islamic jehadi terrorists as they are soft and easy targets.

Pakistan has mass murdered around 400,000 native Kashmiri Hindus called "Pandits" in PoK. Kashmir is also the native home of thousands of Sikhs (who also have been vicitmised by islamic jehadis). The pandits in Indian Kashmir(a sizeable population) too are always tagetted by these jehadi pakistani terrorists and have as a result left kashmir and moved to other Indian cities soutwards.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

There was a terrorist attack in Ayodhya, at sacred Hindu shrine by Pakistani islamic jehadi terrorists of the Lashkar-e-Toibha outfit.

Everyone was enraged and the opposition organised a huge rally condemning the act and demanding the resignation of the home minister for the security lapse.

Kashmiri islam is based on sufi islam which is a mild and rare form of islam and shuns violence. This variety of islam is unique to kashmir and is found not in other part of both india and pakistan. They are not migrants from pakistan. This variety is local to Kashmir. Pakistan has a blood thirsty jehadi from of Islam (shia+sunni) and sends its terrorists to wipe out this sufi islam

Around 20% of Kashmir's population is buddhist. They are frequently attacked by the pakistani islamic jehadi terrorists as they are soft and easy targets.

Pakistan has mass murdered around 400,000 native Kashmiri Hindus called "Pandits" in PoK. Kashmir is also the native home of thousands of Sikhs (who also have been vicitmised by islamic jehadis). The pandits in Indian Kashmir(a sizeable population) too are always tagetted by these jehadi pakistani terrorists and have as a result left kashmir and moved to other Indian cities soutwards.

agreed- Sufi's are a very cool part of Islam!

Buddhists are very cool period

It's the funnymentalists in any religion that are the problem, lol

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

i also read that there are quite a few kashmirin insurgents

not all shia and sunni are terriorists. from what i read these people come all over the muslim world to fight in kashmir. its just pakistan gives them guns and ammo.

people left over from the war againest the soviets joined the war againest india in the south?? they are called holy warriors or Mujahideen

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yes they are from PoK (Pakistan occupied Kashmir)

from what i read these people come all over the muslim world to fight in kashmir. its just pakistan gives them guns and ammo.
people left over from the war againest the soviets joined the war againest india in the south?? they are called holy warriors or Mujahideen

Pakistan has always been recruiting Al-Queda elements and Taliban elements as they are the blood thirsty kind who wont surrender but will fight to the last round of ammo. Pakistan's ISI (intilligence dept.) gives them both arms and money and will give a monthly compensation to their families if they die fighting.

Here is a good read :

The Contours of Pakistan Support
All policies and orders to all terrorist groups are controlled by Pakistan Army, through the ISI. Orders for raising a terrorist group, their organization, their training and even the minutest details are vetted by the ISI. The terrorists groups are funded, trained in camps and thereafter all orders including targets to strike also comes from the ISI. Orders come from Pakistan either through satellite phone, on email, telephone and also the Embassy in Delhi.

So all policy, planning, orgainsation, training, provision of weapons, equipment, funds and thereafter supporting infiltration is done by Pakistan Army and ISI. For infiltration, the terrorists are brought upto a Pakistani Army post and thereafter launched. In the old days, Pakistanis used to fire at us in order to cover their infiltration, however, the firing is not mandatory, as now even without firing they are trying to come through. Lastly the propaganda all over the world on the Kashmir issue.

Based on the information available from satellite photographs, interrogation of terrorists captured/surrendered, captured documents, human intelligence and electronic intercepts, currently 65 to 85 terrorists camp by established by Pakistan functioning in POK/Pakistan. As of now, Opposite the Valley, about 2000 terrorists are ready to infiltrate. Approximately, the same number are opposite the Jammu Region and about 500 to 600 opposite Ladhak Region.

Funding of terrorism
The aspect to be understood is that support for terrorism in J&K is not due to any love for Pakistan but it has become more or less an industry. The foreign terrorists are infiltrated for a tenure of one year. They are paid Rupees two lakhs prior to induction and three lakhs on return. Funds for the Proxy War are provided mainly from Islamic countries and the narcotics trade. ISI is known to be a big time collaborator in the narcotics trade amounting to $ 2 - 3 Bn annually. A local terrorist is paid upto Rs 5,000/- per month and foreign terrorists Rs. 10,000/-. The terrorists are also rewarded for major actions like for killing a Major or equivalent of the Security Forces, Rs 50,000/- is given as reward. Rs 50 crores have been given by Pakistan as ex-gratia payment to kin of slain terrorists.

To the porters, Rs 10,000/- is paid for an ammunition box that he carries across the Line of Control. He is normally in a position to carry up to four ammunition boxes. Therefore, in just one trip a porter makes across Line of Control, even though there is danger to his life, he makes Rs 40,000/-. If he does four trips in a month, he has made Rs 1,60,000 which is lot of money in this part of the world.

The guides are paid Rs 10,000 per man he takes across the Line of Control. If he has taken 10 people across, he makes a lakh of rupees per trip. Therefore terrorism in J&K is a Blue Chip industry. When the problem is being resolved this industry would have to be taken care of prior to solving the Kashmir issue.

Weapons and Equipment Provided by Pakistan to the Terrorists
Terrorists are being provided with sophisticated weapons and equipment by Pakistan including missiles, rockets and state of the art communication systems. Till now approximately 40,000 weapons including Assault rifles, Machine Gun, Rocket Launchers, Sniper rifles, Mortor, and Pistols have been recovered. 58381 Grenades, 33681 kgs of explosive have also been recovered from the terrorists, which are enough to equip more than two Army divisions. Satellite phones and large scale use of computers for email is on the rise.

Number of Terrorists Killed and Apprehended
More than 16,982 terrorists have been killed in the State since 1990. Out of these more than 5,000 have been foreigners. Ever since 1992, the number of foreign terrorists killed has been on the rise with the number of foreign terrorists mainly Pakistanis and Afghans last year being approximately 69 percent of the total terrorists killed. We are sure that this year it will be even more as 60 to 70 percent of terrorists operating in the J&K are Pakistanis, Afghans and a small number from other Muslim countries.

Maximum Casualties of Civilians
Unfortunately ever since the beginning of Non Initiation of Combat Operations period, the civilian casualties have been higher. The terrorists have targeted political workers, surrendered terrorists and so called informers. In addition, a large number of civilians have been killed or injured in grenade attacks and IED explosions by the terrorists. Total of 14393 civilians have been killed due to terrorist violence.

link

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Pakistan has always been recruiting Al-Queda elements and Taliban elements as they are the blood thirsty kind who wont surrender but will fight to the last round of ammo. Pakistan gives them both arms and money and will give a monthly compensation to their families if they die fighting.

Al-Queda??

i never throught Al-Queda was involed in kashmir. taliban are to busy fighting the northern alliance and america to go to kashmir

lashkar-e-toiba and jaish-e-muhammad and hizbul mujahideen. these guys are Mujahideen. there are local ones recruited in IOK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
please stealthspy do not post anything from a indian army site. do you know what i mean. its like if i posted from chinese governemnt site.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

i never throught Al-Queda was involed in kashmir. taliban are to busy fighting the northern alliance and america to go to kashmir

Where do you suppose they went after the US defeated them..to pakistan where they recieved lucrative offers to launch attacks on India

lashkar-e-toiba and jaish-e-muhammad and hizbul mujahideen. these guys are Mujahideen. there are local ones recruited in IOK

First of all, there is no such thing as IOK. Kashmir is an integral part of India and this is reaougnised by most nations including the UN.

Pakistan's claim is that since it is a muslim majority, it should a part of it and they have unlawfully occupied portions of Kashmir which are referred to the world over as "PoK" i.e Pakistan occupied kashmir or "Azad Kashmir".

Extending this to create an IOK is a first and is a blatant error.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

First of all, there is no such thing as IOK. Kashmir is an integral part of India and this is reaougnised by most nations including the UN.

Pakistan's claim is that since it is a muslim majority, it should a part of it and they have unlawfully occupied portions of Kashmir which are referred to the world over as "PoK" i.e Pakistan occupied kashmir or "Azad Kashmir".

Extending this to create an IOK is a first and is a blatant error.

ok i research this and i found out that the UN never recognized kashmir as indain terrioty. which countries support india in kashmir?

Pervez Musharraf
was born in india

[edit on 7-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And India's PM Manmohan Singh was born in what is today pakistan.
India's chief of army staff General JJ too was born in what is today pakistan.
India's former Deputy PM L.K Advani too was born in what is today Pakistan.

The whole subcontinent was India till the muslims demanded a homeland called pakistan and there was migration of population on relegious grounds.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
kashimar should be its own country to stop this sense fighting between India and Pakistan

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey, people this thread is called U.S. struggling on China-war planning : top USAF officer NOT India-China Mud Pit!!

Anybody got any ideas about what Americas long term strategy is to contain growing hostile Asian Powers ??
Also is the US trying to build Anti-china sentiment in chinas neighbour hood? With support to India and greater contacts with other countries that are immediate neighbours of china this migh be possible, ironic is how the chinese are surrounded from all sides and still seem to be complacent.
Also will Russia support china if ever a standoff does takes place with the us ?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this post is a bit of waste of time, because like when we had the cold war. going to war with china would be like going to war with the old soviet union, not really a fight either side could win really.
except for the obvious nuclear weapons, both those countries have tremedous mind control technologies.
both sides could in theory stop there opposition sides soldiers wanting to fight on the battle field, so how can they really have a war.
i just cannot see those two having a hot war as it is called, so the world will be in the same position as when america and the soviets were at odds. the war just cannot happen(hot war that is)

[edit on 7-7-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

not all shia and sunni are terriorists. from what i read these people come all over the muslim world to fight in kashmir. its just pakistan gives them guns and ammo.

Yeah... just like people come from all over the world to bomb Madrid, London etc..

THe militants in kashmir ARE foreigners.. 99% of them.. thats the whole point..
Thats why its not a freedom movement.. no kashmiris themselves participate in such militancy..

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yeah... just like people come from all over the world to bomb Madrid, London etc..

THe militants in kashmir ARE foreigners.. 99% of them.. thats the whole point..
Thats why its not a freedom movement.. no kashmiris themselves participate in such militancy..

even stealthspy agreed that there are kashmirian freedom fighters.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
well i dont have to agree with stealth spy.. maybe u miunderstood him..
The militants do indeed call themselves "freedom fighters"..
I mean they can't call themselves "foreign helpers" now can they!!

And you yourself said they com from all over the world.. then how can they be freedom fighters??
You need to have indegenous ppl involved to make it a freedom struggle..

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

well i dont have to agree with stealth spy.. maybe u miunderstood him..
The militants do indeed call themselves "freedom fighters"..
I mean they can't call themselves "foreign helpers" now can they!!

And you yourself said they com from all over the world.. then how can they be freedom fighters??
You need to have indegenous ppl involved to make it a freedom struggle..

kashmirins call themselves freedom fighters foriegn helpers call themselves mujahideen, holy warriors

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

even stealthspy agreed that there are kashmirian freedom fighters.

They are from Pok. Pakistan has made ethnic race alterations of the composition of PoK replacing the soft sufi's who in pakistan's openion "don't have a stomach for jihad" with blood thirsty and jehad loyal afghani-pashtun and pathan races.

Pakistan has eliminated over 400,000 Hindus (Pandits) & Buddhists form PoK.

Pakistan wants the rest of us to believe that these war mongers that they have replaced the benovolent races are native Kashmiris. These guys call themselves as "native kashmiri freedom fighters" and launch terrorist attacks in India.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join