It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US News Media hates Aljazeera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
because they tell the truth!

read this article:
english.aljazeera.net...

You often hear from the US news media that 8 million Iraqi's voted so the occupation is legitimate but as it turns out this is a sham.. the only reason most of those people voted for UIA is because it promised to end the American occupation immediatly after elected, that was a lie and they have now betrayed the voters, and the Iraqi govt has already lost legitimacy, and you can only imagine what the other 8 million eligible voters who boycotted the election think of the illegal occupation.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You really think that Al-Jazera is a credible news source?

Needless to say, many of these residents, including teenagers, who have been robbed of normalcy, will join the resistance, not out of hatred or zealotry (as the American media has led many to believe), but simply to eject the disruptive American presence and restore normalcy in their own city.

So basically, any teenager who cannot have the "normal"life that he enjoyed under Saddamns reign ,will join the "resistance"?
We know that already, but its the statement that is ludicrous. they do not need any excuse to join the Terrorist.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think your quoting things from a different thread..

I also think AL-Jazeera tells you things that the American media covers up, and that Americans who criticize it don't even speak Arabic and have no-clue, but they criticize it anyways just because it's Arab. And it has alot more credibility than Fox News..like I said that article tells me things that I didn't know because I only get BBC World, CNN, and FoxNews-in order for us to get a balanced perspective we need an english version of AlJazeera or AlArabia because the english news media is biased.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by scatz]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Al Jazzera is in the same league as Fox for news. They tell you the days events, but with their own spin. On the whole though i find AL Jazzera to be more interesting to read simply because it has different opinions and isnt afraid to show the consequences of war.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Al Jazeera.Net is a legitimate news source when the Western Propaganda Machine wants it to be - for example when they give them tapes of OBL and Al-Zarqawi. Then things are fine and dandy, because these tapes obtained by the Al Jazeera journalists help and support the alleged "War against Terror".

But when the News are not so Supporting of the War on Terror, then they are ofcoruse labeled as Islamic Propaganda News source.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scatz
I think your quoting things from a different thread..

[edit on 30-6-2005 by scatz]

The quote comes from a passage in the link you supplied. Or did you not read the whole thing before you posted the link?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Aljzeera is a very bias source of media.

How can someone think Fox and WND are bias and not think that Aljzeera is bias?

They are bias and many of thier stories are just that...stories...fiction or exaggerations.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Al Jazzera is in the same league as Fox for news. They tell you the days events, but with their own spin. On the whole though i find AL Jazzera to be more interesting to read simply because it has different opinions and isnt afraid to show the consequences of war.

Agreed, almost. To be more precise, they are more like the U.S. mainstream media in that the truth of any matter is irrelevant to their agenda.

new topics

top topics

join