It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WeBDeviL is shipping out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Good evening fellow ATSers. I received a notice in my chock-full mailbox this afternoon. Upon seeing it, I knew what it was.

As of July 13th, 2005, I will be reporting to Twentynine Palms, CA, to receive a briefing about my deployment to the Middle East. From there, we will be shipping out to Little Rock, AK, and then forward to Germany, and onto Kuwait for some final preparations.

I have been retired for 4+ years now (Shortly before 9/11) and have been enlisted in the Retired Reserve, part of the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve).

From what I have heard from my fellow officers, we will be deployed to Northern Iraq. That is all I know for now.

I have been called up to assist with an infantry battalion and will be on the ground in Iraq. Hopefully, if any God-blessed R&R permits me, I will be able to upload some pics and inform you all of how things are going over there.

God bless ya'll and please keep me in your prayers.

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Best of luck and keep your wits about you.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Good for you WeBDevil!!

I honor your sacrifice that you will be making for all of us back here.

I look forward to seeing any pictures or correspondence you post for us.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good luck and be safe man, do us proud.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've scuffled with a few here and I would like to make peace with you all before I ship out. I still have a week and a half or so, so I hope to definitely enjoy it (and the Fourth of July) to its' full extent.

I do hope to help the people of Iraq as well as fulfill my duties. I will be fully open to be enlightened about what it is like first-hand there, and I will definitely be on the look-out for that.

-wD

[edit on 29-6-2005 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Good luck and stay safe.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As to see the IEds better. Not so much to take cover, as I hear the opfor don't shoot any better than skinnies.

I know a couple of other IRRs who got the orders as well. This should bring the usage up over 30,000 now. Not looking good, if Kennedy wants to pull out.

Do your thing, get in and get out.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't know ADVISOR, shoot better than Skinnies? Do you want to jynx me?

I think we all know what happened then.

I don't know if I'll see too many IED's, God-willing I won't. As an officer in an infantry unit, I don't think we will be targeted in general. The most I've seen in IED attacks have been against mechanized targets.

By the way, what are their names who received the orders? I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Godspeed to you! You are in our thoughts - good luck and stay safe.

Bleys

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Don't make it so I get recalled and placed on active duty because they need someone to bail your behind out, WeBDevil.

From 'one' to another', I wish you godspeed, be well, be safe, and help those around you.

My best wishes.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
WeBDevil,

Keep your head down and your rear secure, sir. Come back to us in one piece with all appendages intact. No battle damage or unnecessary heroics allowed.

IR

here's to you!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
lol. Well, if you ever do end up in Iraq, and I'm wounded, and you come over to me and say "web", I'll make sure I'll say "seeker" back. It'll be our little thing. The rest of the guys will think we're insane.

-wD

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Keep safe and keep us informed as much as you can WeBDeviL.

I think there at least a couple of ATSers who are either in Iraq right now or were there at some point during the conflict.

Even those of us who oppose the war wish all of you well.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I wish you the best of luck. Be safe.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Semper Fi, WebDevil. Gung ho! Spread out! Keep your extractor clean. And another 1000 words of wisdom.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Best of luck to you.

Take good care of yourself, and all the other soldiers with you.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Take care Web.... I hope all gos well. look after yourself and you know you will be missed,

(For those who dont know Webdevil was the one who started the whole newmember help line
)

hurry back!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Best of luck, come back soon.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Take care, WD... I wish you the best of luck... be safe and may God be with you and the rest of them over there. Enjoy your time as much as you can now and you will be in my prayers.

Later, man... and GOOD LUCK.

*static* Over and out, soldier.

[STAY COOL) and safe!
-prophetmike

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wish you good luck and hope you return safely

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join