It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson would turn in his grave if he had to fight with the present Royal Navy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We have been celebrating Lord Nelson's great achievement at beating the French and Spanish at the battle of Trafalgar yesterday and today. I think he would turn in his grave if he saw how small the Royal Navy has become, the Government has been selling of our ships to Canada and Pakistan , now we only have about 25 Frigates and Destroyers in the Navy. Looks like they ought to scrap that song Rule Britannia as it is a joke nowadays.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
sad really... the U.S.A is selling ships to Pakistan... while we are getting new aircraft carriers

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
BLAME THE POLITICIONS THEY ROOT EVERYTHING

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
yea they do dont they???

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
wait wait..dont tell me..you picked this up from another newspaper?

hm...was it, the sun?! or....the daily mirror by any chance?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
he took this out ov a newspaper??? god ur cheap...

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Oh..this is in context with another post he made on this forum, where a majority of his answers were based around evidence taken from tabloid newspapers, its a kinda small joke, i apologize if you didnt understand it.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
newspeper or not this doesnt seem to be a very popular thread...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Nelson would probably be amazed by the fact that just one of these ships could have turned both sides at Trafalgar into matchwood.

And why should Britain rules the waves? Navies exist to protect merchant shipping and outposts, we dont really have either any more. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
According to The Times the other day, the RN no longer possesses the ability to project its power into two campaigns at once these days. Its all the fault of the overall defence cuts. And i don't see any reason why Britannia shouldn't rule the waves, its just that these days we don't have the numbers to do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the truth about the uk ibelive is that we are a falling people we have little resourses here and we need to make bigger breakthroughs in tech b4 we can get back our empire

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
the truth about the uk ibelive is that we are a falling people we have little resourses here and we need to make bigger breakthroughs in tech b4 we can get back our empire

Oh man, you brits still dream of a new empire?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan

Originally posted by klain

Oh man, you brits still dream of a new empire?

No, but if we ask nicely can we have our old one back please?

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lets put it this way, with our modern goverment and economy, we've had to put more and more money in to public services, this isnt nessacarily bad, but it sure does mean we cant fund the milltary nearly as much, all these projects, NHS, benefits, all this, that the public recieve, as part of national care....that money came from somewhere, and well, this goverment isnt private, so of course our milltary doesnt get the funding it onced used to, shame really.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
so.... the U.S has 50 ships in total????

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hell no, a lot more, the US navy has at least roughly 50 Los angeles class submarines alone, theyve got a lot more then 50

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
can anybody estimate me a number???

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The U.S. Navy consists of slightly fewer than 300 ships and over 4,000 aircraft. It has over a half million men and women on active or ready reserve duty.

en.wikipedia.org... best link i could find, the other one didnt work...ahem

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
300... is that considerd a lot??? how long does it take to build a ship??

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
long enough....here, look it up on this site :

www.globalsecurity.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join