It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone seen sompting diffrent in the sky lattely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Has anyone seen anything in the sky lattely.

i was chating with several of my friends last night and they had asked me if i of someone i knew had seen anything interesting in the sky lattely. i told them no that since i have left texas i havent been outside to much to look and see.

one of them has notices brighter stars than usual. and another said they see moving objects where they live moving back and forth in the sky.

has anyone else seen objects or uncomon acts in the nite sky?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Brighter stars could be both Mars and Venus(I think) that are becoming clearer. Mars is even supposed to become so clear in the sky by later this year that with a 75x binoculars or telescope you can see mars as clear as looking at the moon with the naked eye.

We're once again lapping mars in our orbital race around the sun. Its much closer to earth then it is most of the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes I have. I haven't pointed this out yet because I was told it was just a star, but I don't think it was. Anyway, about a month ago I had just got my new pair of binoculars and I was looking at the night sky around 10:30pm on a crystal clear night with the stars out in full force. I noticed a very bright looking star so I focused in on it.

As I continued to watch it, this light would waiver in intensity and almost dim out all together. And it would woble around. It was hard to tell, but it was moving around ever so slightly. And then about 1 half hour into me looking at this bright object in the sky it just went out! Then 5 seconds later it lit back up again. Strange. But I was told it was a star, so once again, who do you believe?

[edit on 29-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 29-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
About the moving objects and colorchanging, disapearing wobling stars.
I honnestly have been seeing these too lately. I hope my telescope comes back from repair soon so I can capture some of the things I've seen and most importantly take a closer look at them.

I modded a Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro to fit on my telescope :p can snap 1024*768 size streams with it now at 5fps.
640*480 at 60FPS

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree that that the night sky can show an oddness, but believe me,
if it ever comes to the time when you can see the four drawing pins
that holds the whole damn thing up... then you'll be well on the way
to more dubious sites!
(just jesting!)

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OK this is really weird........ ive noticed the same effect, it looked like a star but it moved, and dimed in and out again, about 3 weeks ago it was about 7 at night, sun was setting and no other objects in the sky were visible my dad was like what the hell was that it dimed in and out many times and then dissapered, it looked just like a star,

my opinion, alien vessel in orbit............. it was very bright brighter than any star ive ever seen

[edit on 29-6-2005 by semperfi221]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
also i know it wasent a sat becasue it was day still so to all the debunkers, also it wasent a milar ballon lol

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When you focus on any ONE star....yes it seams to wobble and move.
This is because of how far away it is, heat waves in the air surrounding Earth, and space debris and dust moving between your view and the star itself.

This is NOT a new phenomena.....always when a person focuses on any one star in paticular they DO seem to be dancing around in the sky,wobbleing and bobbing, for the reasons I have stated above.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
and im saying it wasent a star i look at stars all the time this was no star ive ever seen and i know planets wobble this wasent a wobble it moved i know what i saw

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Me and a friend were fishing on a very clear night. I was looking at the stars, I also saw about five satellites. Then at about 10:30 a very bright star seemed to just appear. It was twice as bright as any other stars.
I brought it to my friends attention. We then saw that it was moving. We kepted watching it for about two minutes wondering what it was. It then flickered and dimmed down. We could still see a light moving about the size of a satellite for about ten seconds; then it just disappeared. I searched the net to find a logical explanation for what we seen. The only thing I found that it could be is an iridium flare which is caused by a reflection off the solar panels on the satellite.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
interesting stories guys! thanx for starting this thread! this is fun and a bit scary to read bout, and i believe u guys, i have no reason to not believe u guys. and no i havent seen anything strange in the sky latley, sry.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
FYI....just say a news blurp about how the International Space Station has been being seen alot lately....
It will be clearly visable to the nekkid eye over Utah again tonight......they also said alot of UFO reports have been coming in about this Space Station.

MAYBE.....that is what people are seeing alot of recently that seems so strange?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
maybe the space station is it, but that could be a cover up, u never kno bout these things!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is so strange that you posted this, because last night when i was walking up the stair to my room i looked from the hall window as i always do to see the weather and there was a flickering star which kept changing colours and almost appeared to be changing shape. I dunno whether this was due to atmospheric conditions or what but i have never noticed this in the sky at that position before and i usually look up more than most!.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What I saw in the sky last night was something I have only seen once before in my life. At about 2030 local (MST), about fifteen degrees above the western horizon, right next to Venus was a very tiny point of light about a degree separated from it -- and it was Mercury!

Venus and Mercury, as everyone who knows about the night sky will attest, are inferior planets; therefore, they're never that far from the Sun as seen from Earth.

Venus may get about thirty degrees either ahead of it (when it's known as the "morning star" or following it (when it's know as the "evening star", but that's about it. When it occults or is occulted by the sun, or within about six or seven degrees of the sun, it's lost in the glare. Usually, When Venus is visible, it's (due to its proximity, size, and albedo) the brightest object in the night sky after the Moon.

Mercury, even closer to the Sun, is almost never far enough from the Sun's disk for you to see unless you know exactly what you're looking for. Last night and the next couple of nights are a wonderful exception. You can see Venus and Mercury very close together (Mercury is to the left (south) and very faint); Saturn is about six degrees further west (closer to the horizon).

What an awesome sight!

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I live in north west NC and we have noticed a lot of strange lights and unusual aircraft activaty at night.

One night we got buzzed by a really low and loud plane. As I watched for it to come over the pourch so I could see it, I saw a black shape, I realised the plane had no lights whats so ever, then right behind it was a lighted plane(they were extremly close) All the noise was come from the plane in back. The one up front was totally quite. They came from the east going west.

Rik

new topics

top topics

join