It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pockets Patriots Super Bowl Ring (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Russian President Vladimir Putin pocketed and walked off with the Super Bowl diamond ring owned by New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. It's not at all clear whether the ring was meant as a gift to the Russian President. Kraft, who was visiting St. Petersburg, Russia on a business trip when the incident happened, has not yet commented.

msnbc.msn.com
BOSTON - Russian President Vladimir Putin walked off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring, but was it a generous gift or a very expensive international misunderstanding?

Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg on Saturday, Kraft showed the ring to Putin — who tried it on, put it in his pocket and left, said Russian news reports.

It isn’t clear yet if Kraft, whose business interests also include paper and packaging companies and venture capital investments, intended that Putin keep the ring.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow, this is a bizarre story! I guess you should keep your rings on your finger, especially in Russia. I really wonder what Kraft will say...if he has business interests in Russia, he probably won't be able to come out and say the Russian President stole his ring.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Putin would give it back if it turns out to be a mistake. It was probably meant as a gift, as it is custom in parts of Russia to give gifts when coming to visit and as a way of saying thank you, for them giving you there time.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It was a gift, not to worrie.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i think that it was a gift... or putin took the ring to see if anybody is gonna try to do anything about it lol!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Leave a Patriots Super Bowl ring out near me and see if I don't try to walk off with it. I wonder what Putin could get on E-Bay for it?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
...E-bay....LOL!!!
if it wasnt a gift then putin wants to see if anybodys gonna try to do something about it... nobody is going to start a war cuz of a ring and no cold war either.... so nobody will do anything about it...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't understand how this is ATSNN news.
Who reallt cares if Putin has this ring or not, not a worthy story.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
how in god's name does this get on here and my story about Barrak Obama's comments concerning Abraham Lincoln doesn't get crap?
this system sucks

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 3-7-2005 by CAConrad0825]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

\Fixing your link, Conrad....

new topics

top topics

join