It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier serving in Iraq thinks the war is ridiculous

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Here's the difference WD, unlike the conficts that proceeded WW2, our military members are now being forced in large numbers to do two and three tours of that conflict. That is unconscienable. No one should forced to fight more than one tour.

It wasn't asked of those in the Vietnam conflict. It shouldn't be now. The policies of this administration are to blame for all of this.

Funny you brought that up.. I've been thinking about that very topic since the last time a war discussion arrived on ATS..

Why, are we forcing them to do multiple terms? We have plenty and I mean plenty of replacements...

I know many people in the forces that have been sitting at bases throughout the country just ITCHING to go and literally begging their officers to let them go... yet, we have the same number of soldiers fighting the same war none-stop without a relief pitch...

I'm honestly beginning to think that the Iraq war is designed to make the US look much less 'superior' in an attempt at encouraging other 3rd-World coutries into the thinking of "maybe we can take em".

We trained em` ... We got em` .... Why cant we use them? Are we holding back?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most of our forces used to fight these conflicts are stationed at a select number of rapid deployment bases. There is a large number of military members who's jobs do not entail fighting.

But since you mentioned it, if this administration, with all of its incredbly bright members, were actually trying to resolve the myriad situations pertaining to our military and national security, they would start by bringing our troops home from Germany and South Korea.

But they're not. They're more into problem/reaction/solution.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The truest way to see this war is thus:

Plan Mess 'o' Potamia

(1.) Lure Saddam into invading Kuwait

(2.) a. Gain military foothold in Saudi Arabia
b. Shock and Awe (destroy military/communications/infrastructure)
c. Drive Saddam out of Kuwait

(2.) Impose Sanctions and no-fly zones

(3.) Invade and occupy

(4.) Disperse the spoils

I think you give Bush WAAAAAY to much credit.
He is not smart enough to plan all that.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You all misunderstood me, and now you will twist it for your gains. Gee, how surprising.

What I meant was this: One man's opinion doesn't make a difference when you are ENLISTED in a VOLUNTEER military. You signed up for it. You get what you get. What I am saying, from fact, is that the OVERWHELMING majority of soldiers over there STILL Support the war.

Why? Hmm..could it be that they see the GOOD and not just the bad that the American and global public sees? Perhaps.

In reference to my "who cares" statement, that was directed to the obvious bias of this thread. It's getting old real fast.

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Daddy Bush & co and Cheney are though ...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
True, ECK, very true. But, in WW2, multiple tours of duty were instated? There are numerous cases of men, upon having finished their tour of duty in Europe, would be sent to the Pacific fronts.

However, in this day and age, you are correct in saying that we do have enough resources to have people take one tour of duty at a time.

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

The truest way to see this war is thus:

Plan Mess 'o' Potamia

(1.) Lure Saddam into invading Kuwait

(2.) a. Gain military foothold in Saudi Arabia
b. Shock and Awe (destroy military/communications/infrastructure)
c. Drive Saddam out of Kuwait

(2.) Impose Sanctions and no-fly zones

(3.) Invade and occupy

(4.) Disperse the spoils

George W. Bush had nothing to do with Plan Mess 'o' Potamia. He was snorting coke and half blitzed when the plan was developed. Remember?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
You are talking about Saddam aren't you? Or did the "whole of Iraq" ignore the UN resolutions and the "will of the world"?

Amazing how we equate the whole population with one mans actions. Iraq's infrastructure is now in tatters, many people don't even have access to water or food or electricity. But these people desreve what they have now, because they are "accountable" because after all, they didn't try to get rid of Saddam.

Equated Actions?

Nazi Germany maybe? The whole population was accountable due to Hitler's actions. In the eyes of the world, all of America is accountable due to Bush's actions. Most white people these days are held accountable due the actions of long dead slave owners (in the US). Many Christians are still hated due to the Crusades of Death when they forced others to believe in their god.

Yes, all throughout history this "accountablity" has happened.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
True, ECK, very true. But, in WW2, multiple tours of duty were instated?
-wD

If you go back and look at what I said, I stated post-WW2 conflicts.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
One soldiers opinion is not enought to justify or unjustify this war. I'm sure there were soldiers who thought that fighting the nazi's was pointless, but that turned out to be the right thing. Not that this war is right, but you are always gonna have soldiers who don't wanna be out there.

Interesting how the Americans always join wars at the end and save the day! Whether it's fighting "terrorists" or Nazis! They always save the day!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowstriker
the only reason bush is sending people to fight the war in iraq is because he wants controll over everyone. he thinks we should be the only ones to have oil and make everyone have a government like ours, ****** up and sorry. the american people need to stand up and take back our country and keep people like bush from screwing it up like his brother jed and his father

I agree, but your economy is already screwed.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

And sometimes people even forget who made Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

And just who "made them" Masked?? Mommy and Daddy Saddam I'm guessing.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Boatphone]

No other than the person who hides in a Bush when hes screwed

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is both, those soldiers and Marines in Iraq who think we should be there and there's the ones who do not......so one soldiers opinion is not news worthy material.

Yeah, most of them think we SHOULD be there. They see a different perspective than what the media puts out for all of YOU and me to see.

Most of them have thier own reasons for going over there. I know many from my last unit who did multiple deployments to Iraq....and they would keep going if they had the chance because they know that in the end Iraq will be a better place because of thier efforts.

Do I think we should be in Iraq? Yes I do, but not for the reasons/lies given by our government. I think we should be there to liberate Iraq, we are too far in the game now to back out....let's just finish this off, then get the hell outta dodge. If we leave now Iraq will be up for grabs by whoever has the most fire power (which is not the new Iraqi Govt).

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey! Post my blog all over the "progressive" net! Here it is:

I served in Iraq. I want to go back and kick more terrorist butt. The USA is building infrastructure that was unknown before under Saddam. More power, water, schools, doctors, hospitals, REAL Police, food, crops, and media outlets than ever before.

The populace braved death to vote for THEIR representatives and new government, and cheered the USA for bringing them the freedom to do so.

Every Soldier I served with, and talked to, is proud to be there.

SGT David Medzyk (formerly of
Delta Security, 81st BCT, LSA Anaconda, Balad Iraq.

As for serving during WWII and Korea. Soldiers, Airmen, and Sailors served for the duration. That means that many served from prior to December 7 1941, until released in late 1945, or early 1946. A dibilitating cound would get you home permanently, but many simply chose to return to duty after healing.

BTW, get off the; "ONLY REASON was WMD's" kick. It's boring and wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There's plent of soldiers who're against this illegal occupation of a sovereign country. Not just one, but HUNDREDS

www.sacbee.com...

Now some US Soldiers have made a Rap ablum, about the nightmarish reality of War. The soldiers also say that they're not allowed to say certain things on Camera. If they do, they'll end up like Pat Tilman!

www.sacbee.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
Hey! Post my blog all over the "progressive" net! Here it is:

I served in Iraq. I want to go back and kick more terrorist butt. The USA is building infrastructure that was unknown before under Saddam. More power, water, schools, doctors, hospitals, REAL Police, food, crops, and media outlets than ever before.

You want to go back and kick more terrorist butt? What are you some silly REMF?

Sorry. You don't sound like any experienced vet I've ever heard. You sound like a commercial. Or worse, a bad chain letter we got at the paper. It sounded hokey to me, so I started looking into it. Seems the form letter was sent out to multiple papers. It was one of those really awful Pentagon PR moves.

The populace braved death to vote for THEIR representatives and new government, and cheered the USA for bringing them the freedom to do so.

That must explain why the council recently officially asked us to leave.

Every Soldier I served with, and talked to, is proud to be there.

I won't comment on that aspect of these comments.

BTW, get off the; "ONLY REASON was WMD's" kick. It's boring and wrong.

How sad. The truth is now "boring and wrong." I guess in your thinking, torture is also passe?

[edit on 6/29/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The minority in a majority

Here you go, ganymede, and others:
War, Iraq and President Bush: Published Jan. 2005

There are disgruntled in all wars and in all militaries, Iraq and the war on terrorism is no different.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

There are disgruntled in all wars and in all militaries, Iraq and the war on terrorism is no different.
seekerof

If people (and soldiers) are not disgruntled about being lied to about the reasons our men and women were sent to Iraq, then I would be seriously worried about the state of our nation's mental health.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Haha, my fault ECK.

Well, since WW2, the U.S. has pretty much been the only true super-power (w/ the exception of the Soviet Union).

I guess that is why this is only happening in post WW2 conflicts. =/

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Haha, my fault ECK.

Well, since WW2, the U.S. has pretty much been the only true super-power (w/ the exception of the Soviet Union).

I guess that is why this is only happening in post WW2 conflicts. =/

-wD

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join