It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier serving in Iraq thinks the war is ridiculous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's the source.

And here's a clip:

I have been talking to my fellow soldiers about this whole situation and I have told them about how the leadership in Washington is trying to get the American people to silence their criticisms of the continued lunacy we call the occupation of Iraq.

I tell them that they are saying to the Congress: "Well, ya know, our poor soldiers wanna stay and finish the fight in Iraq, but you people in Washington D.C. are undercutting their morale by bringing up this 'time table stuff'" and "What the hell are we doing in Iraq? Do we have a plan?" stuff.

When I tell this to my fellow soldiers, they immediately begin to laugh and then they get pissed off that such bull---t is being spouted back home, because we are the ones who are calling home and telling our families what a bunch of lies and crap they are telling the American people.

[edit on 6/29/2005 by Amethyst]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And I totally agree with him. Us troops don't need to be there, they have done what they left to do, so why doesn't Bush want them to leave?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One soldiers opinion is not enought to justify or unjustify this war. I'm sure there were soldiers who thought that fighting the nazi's was pointless, but that turned out to be the right thing. Not that this war is right, but you are always gonna have soldiers who don't wanna be out there.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh god, here we go again. Is this news? One soldier says that he doesn't want to be there so we should pull out? What a load of sh*t.

There are always going to be those who desert, (a major problem with the U.S. military now seeing as most signed up in times of peace to receive the benefits, thinking they'd never have to fight).

Why is this even a thread? Who really cares?

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Oh god, here we go again. Is this news? One soldier says that he doesn't want to be there so we should pull out? What a load of sh*t.

There are always going to be those who desert, (a major problem with the U.S. military now seeing as most signed up in times of peace to receive the benefits, thinking they'd never have to fight).

Why is this even a thread? Who really cares?

-wD

"When I tell this to my fellow soldiers, they immediately begin to laugh and then they get pissed off that such bull---t is being spouted back home"

Doesn't seem just like one soldier...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Actually Nexus, they have not! Remember those tiny little weapons of mass destruction, well they aint found any!

They were the cause of this unwarranted war on the peaceful people of Iraq and not regime change. Bush Jr is only finishing off what Bush Snr did not have the balls to do.

Why are US forces are still in Iraq? Because Bush still hopes to be vindicated by his army of occupation while they are chasing around the countryside, looking for them!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I'm sure there were soldiers who thought that fighting the nazi's was pointless

You are? Have you ever met one? Have you ever read this point of view from any WWII veteran?

Let's hear about the source of your certainty.

It is the Iraq occupation that is plain wrong, based on motives that have nothing at all to do with US national security or counter-terrorism measures.

And WeBDeViL, thanks for letting ATS know that you don't care.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I spoke to my friend in the military and he stated:

"I'm glad we're are there and so is the majority of the citizens of Iraq. The general public has no idea of the crap that was going on there before. It's just a shame that some of our own people want to spit on our efforts and try and kill our moral."

So there. Seems like MY hearsay went a justified things again.

They were the cause of this unwarranted war on the peaceful people of Iraq and not regime change. Bush Jr is only finishing off what Bush Snr did not have the balls to do.

Ummm, no...the prior misson was to liberate Kuwait, NOT take Iraq.
(sheesh...)

AND those "peaceful people" of the former government of Iraq invaded the peaceful Kuwait simply to occupy and loot the country. As a result of being pushed out (in a successful mission), Iraq was REQUIRED to comply with UN Inspections regarding weapons. Did they comply? Hmmmm, well after more than TEN YEARS they didn't.

So, for TEN YEARS Iraq completely ignored the UN resolutions and the will of the world (in a sense) but when someone holds them accountable, the whole matter was unjust or unwarrented?

I wonder if I could just commit a theft and then just ignore the will of the legal system?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When I served in the US Army from 1980-1984, we had ways of dealing with cry-babies...its called a Blanket party. Its hard enough to be stationed far away from family and friends, but its even worse when other soldiers complain openly. It ruins morale, so we would give them a few warnings and than an a** kicking would follow.

Thats just the way it is in the military.

So I don't buy this story, cause Im sure even after 20 years since I served, soldiers still give blanket parties to cry-babies and not many soldiers complain about foreign policy openly or at all.

Now, don't get me wrong, we soldiers LOVE to B*TCH...we complain about the weather, the crappy food in the field, broken equipment, lousey pay etc etc....but for a soldier to openly complain about Americas foreign policy and the current Commander-in-Chief is begging for an a** beating.

Maximu§

[edit on 043030p://333 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the only reason bush is sending people to fight the war in iraq is because he wants controll over everyone. he thinks we should be the only ones to have oil and make everyone have a government like ours, ****** up and sorry. the american people need to stand up and take back our country and keep people like bush from screwing it up like his brother jed and his father

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, stunning one solder dislikes the war! Wow, this is really big news!

And shadowstriker its JEB not JED, BTW.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
So there. Seems like MY hearsay went a justified things again.

Have you been spending a lot of time in non-English speaking countries of late?

There is no justification. Soldiers get paid to do their jobs, not to justify.

And sometimes people even forget who made Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And sometimes people even forget who made Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

And just who "made them" Masked?? Mommy and Daddy Saddam I'm guessing.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am hopeful that Mommy and Daddy Saddam did not beget Osama bin Laden.

But "made" is much closer to home.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay,

Monmmy & Daddy Saddam made Saddam.

Mommy & Dadday Bin Laden made OBL (or UBL).

I wish that they had not.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

Here's the difference WD, unlike the conficts that proceeded WW2, our military members are now being forced in large numbers to do two and three tours of that conflict. That is unconscienable. No one should forced to fight more than one tour.

It wasn't asked of those in the Vietnam conflict. It shouldn't be now. The policies of this administration are to blame for all of this.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Iraq was REQUIRED to comply with UN Inspections regarding weapons. Did they comply? Hmmmm, well after more than TEN YEARS they didn't.

So, for TEN YEARS Iraq completely ignored the UN

No. The people of Iraq did not. Saddam Hussein did.

It was the people the sanctions hurt. Saddam didn't feel a bit of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So, for TEN YEARS Iraq completely ignored the UN resolutions and the will of the world (in a sense) but when someone holds them accountable, the whole matter was unjust or unwarrented?

I wonder if I could just commit a theft and then just ignore the will of the legal system?

Wow, now I have heard it all.

You are talking about Saddam aren't you? Or did the "whole of Iraq" ignore the UN resolutions and the "will of the world"?

Amazing how we equate the whole population with one mans actions. Iraq's infrastructure is now in tatters, many people don't even have access to water or food or electricity. But these people desreve what they have now, because they are "accountable" because after all, they didn't try to get rid of Saddam.

Oh wait, they did, a decade ago. They were told they would be supported by the west. So many people did uprise against Saddam. Thing is...the support didn't show up. Well thats not entirely true..we did, but we were 10 years late. Many people died in that uprising...not a suprise it didn't happen again.

Sorry for the rant.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The truest way to see this war is thus:

Plan Mess 'o' Potamia

(1.) Lure Saddam into invading Kuwait

(2.) a. Gain military foothold in Saudi Arabia
b. Shock and Awe (destroy military/communications/infrastructure)
c. Drive Saddam out of Kuwait

(2.) Impose Sanctions and no-fly zones

(3.) Invade and occupy

(4.) Disperse the spoils

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My point for posting that was this:

A couple of years ago people were screaming "Do Sedition Act" because some people were opposed to the war. Their reasoning--it would hurt the morale of the troops. I was one of them--until I read the truth about Bush.

The man I quoted in the article says that it's not the case.

And I keep thinking the Left Coast bunch was getting into the act to fuel the left vs. right myth. I don't think any of them really gives a rat's behind what's going on...they just want an excuse to run their mouths. Now that their fifteen minutes are up, they're back to screwing each other and filming trash.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join