It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A word count of the Presidential Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here are the key word counts from the George W. Bush Presidential Address:

Terror, Terrorism, Terrorists = 33
Free, Freedom = 29
Security = 16
Defend, Protect = 15
Election, Vote, Polls = 10
Mission = 9
Killers, Murderers = 9
New York, September 11th = 7
War = 7
Insurgents = 6
Violence = 6
Democracy, Democratic = 5
Liberty, Liberate = 4
Attack = 4
Dissent = 1
WMD = 0
Exit Strategy = 0
Mission Accomplished = 0

The purpose of the speech was to lay out a specific path in Iraq, yet President Bush failed to mention that. What gives?
White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan repeatedly promised that the President would address this issue.
however, he only made clear the attempted non-existant relationship between Iraq and September 11th an entire 7 times!

[edit on 29-6-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting. The herd absorbs and subliminaly responds to those trigger words while chewing the cud.

I must admit I didn't watch the speech, I was watching the NBA draft. I will therefore leave any further critique of Dubya to those who actually watched it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
he could at least say victory stragedy instead of exit stragedy. im annoy that American policy seems to favor the exit stragedy wen American soldiers get killed, i guess the U.S. military as well as the political will go down, if North Korea invades South Korea, America pulls out immediately wen losing a few dozen troops, if China invades Taiwan, a few dead American troops we pull out.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have been listening all morning the "Experts" and they bring the fact that Mr. Bush speech not only was in a control enviroment but most of the people that acutally sat down and listen to it was the usual Bush friendly crowd.

Even with this fact the polls has not came out as good as expected.

Now funny how the Use of "Terror, terrorist and terrorism" is still marketable to the American God fearing public.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
it was the usual Bush friendly crowd.

so those troops in the crowd are Bush friendly?
well there is something new. even wen the president sends into harms way they still willing to go listen to him.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Interesting. The herd absorbs and subliminaly responds to those trigger words while chewing the cud.

I am always amazed that people who support Bush are considered the "herd" or "sheep" by those with the opposite view.

It's that automatic "they are stupid" response it seems.
Interesting.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

well there is something new. even wen the president sends into harms way they still willing to go listen to him.

Oh, deltaboy I guess you are just pulling my leg.

You know that Mr. Bush can not be in a regular crowd due to the high level of stress that will bring to his persona.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I am always amazed that people who support Bush are considered the "herd" or "sheep" by those with the opposite view.

It's that automatic "they are stupid" response it seems.
Interesting.

The comparison to a herd is more to do with the way certain recurring trigger words are absorbed by the less perceptive of those who listen to Bush's speeches, and do not understand that the repeated use of "terror" and "freedom" is intended to reinforce the black and white, misleading idea that the USA aims to defend freedom and defeat terrorists - who are wrongly portrayed as a clearly defined enemy. The "sheep" are those from both ends of the political spectrum who do not think about politics at all, but rather see the choice between party doctrines as a question of loyalty.

It does not necessarily suggest that all Republicans are stupid, or do not think, as many people undeniably hold the same beliefs as the government currently in power having considered their reasons for doing so carefully.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bush repeatedly referred to the enemy in Iraq as "the terrorists" not the insurgents, continuing his strategic motive to blur the distinction between the foreign jihadists who have flocked to Iraq to kill Americans and the homegrown insurgent thugs who blow up US troops and Iraqi civilians for a different set of motivations. Like umm, revenge for destroying their homes, killing their wives, sons and daughters during shock & awe. Some insurgent motivations perhaps revolve around this whacky idea that they fight to achieve independancy away from foreign occupation, I know I would hate military bases in my backyard belonging to Red China.

Bush keeps tying the insurgency in Iraq to 9/11: "Many terrorists who kill innocent men, women and children on the streets of Baghdad are followers of the same murderous ideology that took the lives of our citizens in New York and Washington and Pennsylvania. There is only one course of action against them: to defeat them abroad before they attack us at home."

We're killing fathers, brothers and uncles who seek revenge for the unjustified deaths of their loved ones. I say shame on this administration. Boo Bush!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Uhh...how much trouble do you think those troops would have been in, had they Booooo'd Bush?

Are you kidding me, they probably were ordered to go, and support their (wannabe) Commander in Chief (and Supreme Imperialistic Leader) BUSH.

You dont acutally think GI's have a CHOICE do you?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Honesty = 0.

Integrity = 0.

Performance evaluation = 0.

Value of this government to the United States of America = 0.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Honesty = 0.

Integrity = 0.

Performance evaluation = 0.

Value of this government to the United States of America = 0.

Way to go. Too bad Presidnet elect Archie Bunker doesnt read this site.

top topics

join