It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: The Freedom Tower made public! New WTC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The place for the Freedom Tower is change from 25 feet from Wall Street to 90 feet away from Wall Street. The tower will replace the WTC that was destoryed on 9/11. It will be made out of titanium. It would also be the tallest building in the world. The design is different from the orginal design. The plan is to make the Tower more secure.

www.cnn.com
NEW YORK (CNN) -- New York officials released the latest design for the signature building at the World Trade Center site Wednesday after revising it to make the tower more secure.

Gov. George Pataki ordered the design changes because police were concerned that the tower's placement adjacent to West Street, a major thoroughfare along the west side of Manhattan, would make it vulnerable to a truck bomb.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I like the Idea that it is made out of titanium. the entire building will be covered with titanium it will be bomb proof (hope so). It look pretty cool but I would improve the look a bit. What you people think about the new WTC?

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Freedom (Tower) is Insecure
NEWS: Trump Has A Plan To Rebuild Twin Towers

[edit on 29-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"This new design reflects a soaring tribute to freedom and a bedrock commitment to safety and security," Pataki said

When is it going to be finished?
I give it ten years after that statement. :|

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wonder if they will still be serving Freedom Fries in the cafeterias and bistros, or whether the mistake called the Bush administration will be swept into the dustbin of history in an attempt to forget.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I find it disgusting that these hypocrites are actually calling it 'Freedom Tower'. This is a disgrace to humanity; it just shows how brainless and un-evolved a lot of us are.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
whens this one coming down then?
i like the name, perfect for the next war.
will it be aliens that take this one out 50 years in the future?
thats the plan isnt it? communists, terrorists and then the aliens to unite the world

btw, you guys across the pond make me laugh. naming it freedom tower.
its classic double speak, this is the tower to replace the one that took your freedom away. hey! lets call it freedom tower and they'll forget all about what happened with the patriot act. (another example of double speak)
[edit on 29-6-2005 by AdamJ]

[edit on 29-6-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The whole whole building will not be made of titanium. Only portions of it will be, specifically the base. From the original source.

Instead of being 25 feet from West Street, the tower will be set back 90 feet, and its 200-foot base will be a reinforced concrete wall covered in steel and titanium.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

thats the plan isnt it? communists, terrorists and then the aliens to unite the world

If I remember correctly, astroids comes before aliens. Or something like that. I know astroids was part of the plan.

Back to topic:

Shouldn't we name it the "We Took Your Freedom" Tower?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here are a few images

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is it always these 90 year old geezers that are running things? Almost any photo I see involving power has nothing but these reanimated corpses. Maybe the zombie movies aren't that farfetched. I mean they do feed off the living, figuratively speaking. Shouldn't these Civil War vets be relaxing somewhere with a feeding tube? Or a headstone?

The tower itself looks like a candle. At least they are keeping up the ruse that they care about those 3,000 poor souls that didn't have enough connections to get the word not to come into work that day. Rest their souls. And I pray that those responsible will someday get what they deserve.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I find the term "Freedom Tower" kind of condescending. If they had called it the "Memorial Tower" or something like that I could understand, but "Freedom Tower" just sounds like meaningless doublespeak. Don't get me wrong, I value the freedom I have in the U.S., but "Freedom Tower" sounds too political, as though the namers are trying to say, "instead of succumbing to terror, America's freedom remains." It sounds noble, but it just seems like it supports the meaningless party line of "the terrorists attacked us because they hate our freedom." Besides, New York already has the Statue of Liberty, which can never be replaced as a symbol of freedom, at least for NYC.

To replacing the WTC,
to the name.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have heard that Gov Pataki (sp?) gave it the name of the Freedom Tower, but never heard why. Does anyone know why he named it the Freedom Tower?

To me that is almost like renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries, makes no sense at all and I for one do not like the name.

Why not ask the members of the families that lost loved ones to get together and come up with a name that would not offend them?

[edit on 6/30/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's a bit small. Was it designed by David St Hubbins?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Let's get a list of new names for this horrible design.

"The Government Owns You" Tower

"Silverstein is a Multi-Billionare Now" Tower

"Give Up Your Freedom" Tower

"The Mossad Did It" Tower

"The Terrorists Hate Our Freedom" Tower

"Israel Thanks You for Taking out Iraq" Tower

"The PATRIOT Act" Tower

"Start WWIII" Tower

"America is Dead" Tower

"Bush is a Traitor" Tower

"We Took Your Freedom" Tower

This is but a small sample of the anger felt by the family members of the victims. And to them, I apologize that Americans are too stupid to see beyond their own selfish bubble realities.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've seen all of "freedom Towers" concepts, and I like this one the best...finally they decided to put the spire in the middle of the building (where it belongs).

Lotta bitchin about the name...no one has really talked about its new & improved design. and i'm glad to see the beefed it up, with all the extra conctete and titanium at its base, which goes 200 feet high, enough to thwart any future car bombings, or semi bombings for that matter..

several pictures of the final design

The name is a play of words really, it will stand 1,776 feet tall...which corresponds will the year american became a nation in 1776. and its where are freedom was attacked.\

I like the buildings looks much better now...oh, Construction is expected to begin next year, with steel rising above ground level in 2007 and completion scheduled for 2010. FYI...The height of the World Trade Tower 1 was 1,362 ft, which will be the where the observation deck is on this tower.

info
The new structure would surpass the New York City fire code requirements, including extra fireproofing and biological and chemical filters in its air supply system.

info
The base will be constructed of 3-foot-thick concrete, clad in a shimmering metal curtain that will afford additional blast protection and also give the impression of movement and light. Above the 20-story concrete base, the building will be sheathed in plastic-laminated glass for increased resistance to explosions.

The building will be set back an average of 90 feet from West Street, the major thoroughfare along the Hudson River. The original design placed the building just 25 feet from the six-lane highway.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You know,to be perfectly honest...I never really like the idea of putting a new tower up.Not because doing something like that would be letting "the terrorists win" Nothing like that...lol.It's just when 9-11 occured I thought that if anything it should be a memorial park.When they announced that whole new tower thing...I was kind of upset.Because I thought that basically they were building over graves.I expected more people to be as upset about it as I was....but I heard no opposition...like many things that happen these days.I just couldn't help but think...god...Whoevers holding the land there,is so selfish that he still wants to make money off of a building built on a grave.Now...I know part of it is a park....but I think the whole grounds should be.....I remember sketching how it should look...With those powerful lights in the center that make those beam of light versions of the towers...anyway...

Calling it the freedom tower in my opinion....is well....a bit like..well it feels ridiculous.We are so full of ourselves that it needs to be called the "Freedom tower" I mean we bandy about that word so much these days...its lost its meaning.So in turn...it takes the whole tower down a peg..
(No puns there) But what really worries me is that...the lack of effort to remember the disaster...it seems to get less and less each year.They say never forget...but it seems like nothing is being done to remember.The vigils are dissapating....no one talks about nine eleven in the news except to blame everywhere in the middle east for doing it,and in George bush's famose "smooth everything over with guilt" Speeches.I always thought that 911 should be a national day of mourning...you know...no work..no school...It still surprises me that they haven't done that.

It's basically hippocritical...you know "never forget" but if you remeber "the terrorists have won" So yeah...anyway...thats my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i agree with you Aaron.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree too. It simply shows that the area of land where the towers stood is too valuable to be sacred. Money is more powerful than memories.

As for the name - I hate it. Without wishing to insult the Americans here, it typifies the arrogance that America shows to the world. 9/11 had nothing to do with freedom.

At least it's better than Bush Tower......perish the thought!!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The tower looks awesome and the name is great, hey whats better then freedom?!?

I can't understand anyone not liking the name freedom!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Ministry of Peace

The Ministry of Plenty

The Ministry of Truth

The Ministry of Love

The Freedom Tower.....

.....I think they took a page from George Orwell when they were deciding on a name for this tower.......

[edit on 1-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What would YOU guys have named it?? The America sucks tower?? Get real!!!

The freedom tower is no ministry of government....

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Boatphone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join