It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim abuse of Mosques and the Koran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well folks, as it turns out, Islamic extremists and terrorists alike have quite a track record of desecrating their own religion and its institutions.

The Associated Press has compiled a list of Muslim on Muslim attacks that have resulted in the destruction of mosque’s, religious ceremonies, and not to mention the innocent Moslems themselves. Its stands to reason quite a few Korans were destroyed as well in the attacks.

List

“Associated Press reports, among others, document how militant Islamists treat Shiite shrines with all the deference the SS showed synagogues in the 1940s.

• June 1, 2005: A suicide bomber blasted the funeral of Mullah Abdul Fayaz, a moderate cleric, at his eponymous mosque in Kandahar, Afghanistan. He killed Kabul's police chief and 20 others, while wounding 50.

• Jan. 20, 2005: A suicide bomber exploded inside the Ghocha Park Mosque in Sheberghan, injuring 21.

• June 30, 2003: An earlier bombing at Fayaz's mosque injured 16.

To date, colleagues of the Gitmo Boys have killed 21 and wounded 89 in Afghan mosque bombings.

Iraq's picture is even bloodier. Examples:

• May 23, 2005: A car bomb at a Baghdad mosque killed two and wounded 22, including 11 children.

• March 10, 2005: A suicide bomber detonated himself during a funeral at a Mosul mosque, murdering 47 people and injuring at least 101.

• Feb. 18, 2005: On Ashoura, Shiites' holiest day, homicide bombers attacked two Baghdad mosques, killing 25 and injuring 30.

• Feb. 18, 2005: A car bomb killed eight and hurt 10 at an Iskandariyah mosque.

• Aug. 26, 2004: Mortar shells pummeled a Najaf mosque, killing 27 and injuring 63.

• March 2, 2004: Homicide bombers, mortars and hidden explosives at mosques in Baghdad and Karbala killed 181 and wounded 573 Ashoura worshippers.

• Aug. 29, 2003: A car bomb outside a Najaf mosque killed 85 and injured 140.

Add the 386 killed and 970 injured in Iraq to the Afghan figures above: The terrorist pals of Guantanamo's al-Qaida and Taliban residents have butchered 407 Muslims and injured 1,059 more in these mosque attacks.

After crying for these murdered and maimed Muslims, weep for the Qurans destroyed. At worst, a May 27 Pentagon probe revealed, U.S. personnel at Guantanamo mistreated Qurans on 13 occasions, only five deliberately, notwithstanding requirements that soldiers "handle the Quran as if it were a fragile piece of delicate art."

In one "atrocity," a Quran was stacked atop another Quran on a TV set. Interrogators twice "either touched or stood over" the Quran during questioning. Most regrettably, a soldier relieved himself outdoors last March 25. The breeze shifted towards a cellblock, and an adjacent air duct splattered his urine onto a detainee's nearby Quran and uniform. The soldier was reprimanded and reassigned to gate-guard duty.

Compare this to the Islamofascist explosions that reduce Allah's words to ashes.”

Wow, that’s quite a bit of death and destruction imposed by Islamic Extremists on their own faith. Imagine: Half false, blown up tales of a Koran on the ground at Gitmo throws the world into a frenzy of hate against the USA, but not one peep about the mass destruction of the religion itself and all its institutions by the MUSLIM terrorists. Go figure.

Just goes to show you how much the world wants to hate the USA…

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hey wow oh my god whoopee.
Yeah I can remember times where we had to use bible pages as rolling paper for joints, so what?
Theres a lot of muslims out there, I am sure theyre going to mess up a few of their books every so often, not on purpose though.
I think the real issue is a US soldier deliberately taunting a muslim by f-ing with his book.
And I dont think its the actual "book" being destroyed that bothers these people, its the symbology of doing this to their religion.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Infamous Zordak9]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

think the issue is a us soldier deliberately taunting a muslim by f-ing with his book.

Which was proven to be untrue!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Which was proven to be untrue!

And then proven at a later time to be TRUE again.

WASHINGTON — U.S. military officials say no guard at the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects flushed a detainee's Koran down the toilet, but they disclosed that a Muslim holy book was splashed with urine

www.usatoday.com...
news.scotsman.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Infamous Zordak9, I think the real question here is, where's the outrage? Riots have sparked in the middle east at simply a rumor of a Koran being flushed. Where's the outrage at someone blowing up a mosque, though?

As you stated, there can be a few bad apples. Why is it that, when America has a bad apple, the world froths at the mouth proclaiming America the great Satan, while when Islam has a bad apple, people explain that that's not what Islam stands for.

Last time I checked, it was the middle east, not America, which stood for religious intollerance. Why the double standard?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Last time I checked, it was the middle east, not America, which stood for religious intollerance. Why the double standard?
exactly, America is supposed to be this symbol representing a "beacon of light" "freedom" "Religious freedom" "america F-Yeah!"
But then we just go to other folks countries and pee on their religion and kill their people. hmm. why the outrage?

Look if the war never happened, and some muslim in a jail here in the US got his book peed on, there probably wouldnt be such a big deal. But since we're invading other countries and peeing on their religion. Its understandable.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejakeWhere's the outrage at someone blowing up a mosque, though?

there's no outrage because the individual who blew up the mosque and killed all those people is sitting in heaven with his virgins. c'mon, don't you know, it's ok for muslims to kill people and destroy religous buildings if it is an act against an infidel.

you didn't know that was ok? seriously? I'm surprised. No, I'm shocked.

I wish we would just pull out of Iraq so all these "pity the poor muslim extremist" folks would start reading about how they try to kill eachother with the same tenacity as they did with the US military.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
any other source apart from jihadwatch ?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
skippytjc,

Easy on the jihadwatch Mate!

You will Overdose!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Seems to be proof enough to me that the jihadists are using islam as a front and have no respect for their own religion. Im surprised more muslims are not upset about the actions of a small radical group.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

You can find the individual incidents in news reports, but I doubt you'll find the ordered list. Here's a few links to the attacks outlined in the list:

edition.cnn.com...~warlord~Dostum~survives~attack
www.newsmax.com...
www.cnn.com...

The search is really easy, just copy the date, add in car bomb, suicide bomber, whatever the list says took place on google, and CNN or some other major news network will be near the top with the story you're looking for.,

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Its actualy an AP story quoted by Jihadwatch.

It’s funny, when somebody posts something that doesn’t flow with your opinions you instantly question the source.

So now that we don’t have to worry about the source anymore mates, how about a comment on the report?

[edit on 29-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can understand questioning a source. One like Jihadwatch is rather biased in it's coverage, but as you pointed out, it was an AP story linked by JihadWatch, and all the facts on the list check out when searched.

What really cracks me up is when someone questions a source like Fox News as being blatantly biased, yet quote an op/ed from DailyKos as Gospel truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Its actualy an AP story quoted by Jihadwatch.

It’s funny, when somebody posts something that doesn’t flow with your opinions you instantly question the source.

So now that we don’t have to worry about the source anymore mates, how about a comment on the report?

[edit on 29-6-2005 by skippytjc]

i just question sources like JIHADWATCH

if its backed up with a credible source then i take intrest

[edit on 29-6-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Bodrul: Are you avoiding the topic? The last three replies by me and Jungle are telling you wasnt a Jihadwatch story, they just quoted it. Its an AP article with some Jihadwatch commentary. You still have yet to comment on the topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Bodrul: Are you avoiding the topic? The last three replies by me and Jungle are telling you wasnt a Jihadwatch story, they just quoted it. Its an AP article with some Jihadwatch commentary. You still have yet to comment on the topic.

i just started reading the other reply's after replying to yours
so you will get my proper reply when i get back

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9
hey wow oh my god whoopee.
Yeah I can remember times where we had to use bible pages as rolling paper for joints, so what?

I guess I missed the reports where fanatical Christians went to the streets rioting and killing each other over the "desocrated" Bible pages. But that's a great comparison

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If America is the great satan then why is it a capital offence to read the Bible in most middle east countries? You can go to prison or have your family arrested for turning away from the muslim faith and usually arabs go to the most likely religion of Christianity. For some people the anti-christs start with Christian persecution and denial. I wonder if they realise that maybe satan is playing in their back yards too. How many churches are built in the middle east compared to the mosques they build in Europe and the west? The ratio is poor because there is very little religious rights in those countries. Apparently 15 people died in the protests about the flushing of the Koran. Where are the protests for religious rights? Maybe they are too scare to come out and see and tell the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This insecurity is getting tiring. Lets get some things cleared up. Desecration of any religious book is childish and pointless, and any people who are that brain damaged to do such a thing, with a view to insulting people, should be shot, purely because their level of intellect is of no use to anyone, of that there is little doubt. Blowing up mosques or civilian buildings and killing civilians is wrong full stop. People who do that should also be shot.

So in light of the above, could those people who are saying, 'when the USA does it there's international outrage, but when those backward arab countries do it to us, no one cares' think twice. that sort of opinion is just stupid, do you honestly think that everyone in the world now hates America because of that? We have been constantly told, 'it is not US policy to insult Islam, shi1t happens', even a child could tell you that. Or that they actually like it when the middle eastern people do it? Have Americans not been able to hold their head up high in public? I don't think that is the case. Only stupid people, or people who don't hear about what happens in the middle east (blame the media possibly) would use the US example as anti US fire.

Think thats all i wanted to say
thx for listening

new topics

top topics

join