It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation vs Evolution is pointless.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I tend to think it's more of a combo. I say magical from the sense that the whole processes is pretty magical. The human body is pretty magical.... with all of our knowledge and technical skill we still have nothing that comes even close to the human brain. On top of that throw in our adaptable immune system, insanely complex reproductive system and the whole thing becomes nothing short of magic ... IMO.

stereo - take a look back at your last three posts. You've now just proven yourself to be completely ridiculous, incapable of admitting obvious error on your own part, and self conflicting. You sir are only interested in arguing for argument's sake. You've got nothing of merit to add or detract.

You asked me to prove the math (which I did), asked me to prove the basis of the math (which I did), then told me the math is irrelevant because it's off topic (then why'd you ask me to prove it and argue the point?). Then you complained that I gave you unrelated mathematical probabilities as an example, but proceed to then give me a 50/50 coin flip scenario as "evidence" that you have any clue what you're taking about.

Just like your "picking the winner of the Super Bowl" example - you've no clue about what you're talking about and please don't speak ridiculously about "teaching" anyone.

Next time save everyone a headache and just scream "Boogie Boogie Boogie - I am right and you're wrong!"

What you've thrown out there as "argument" has just as much merit. Check Mate hommie.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If you mean Magic in the sense of being worthy of awe than yes. It is truly amazing that natural processes have produced us. Whether there's a God or not we can agree that its amazing that we're even here to begin with.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Did we seriously just find common ground? Holy crap I think this 2012 thing may just be for real....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You know what, I really didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice. Evolution is a racist idea, Darwin said that Asians are most evolved then, whites, so on and so forth, until at the bottom are the Africans. Now doesn't this sound wrong? Look at George Washington Carver (also he was a huge Creationist). So tell me how can this be right.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

If memory serves me correctly Darwin did not apply his theory to humans. It was Galton, Darwin's cousin, who did that. And even then it wasn't based on racial differences, seeing as how most of Galton's data came from white Englishmen. The theory was not applied to races until the 20th century. Even now though, the differences between races in terms of IQ appear no matter what test is used and who is doing the study.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

So tell me how can this be right.

I don't want to respond to this, but you leave me no choice, on the assumption you are not a troll.

It is not right. None of it.

Darwin said no such thing, either explicitly or implicitly. He did not imply it in any way, shape, or form and his ideas cannot be bent to imply such a thing.

In fact he said exactly the opposite in spite of the social and political mindset that was searching to justify the racism inherent in the Colonial empires of the day. Darwin was a product of that mindset at its most virulent period, and was just as imperfect as any other person, and yet he still saw through the lie.

Why do you feel the need to smear Darwin by repeating the lies of bigots and fools who refuse to understand and have lost the ability to appreciate the beauty of nature? Their own ability to think and wonder at the mysteries of the world has been suppressed by some evil indoctrination long ago. How can they possibly teach you or guide you or help you to think for yourself?

Don't let them brainwash you too.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You are also forgetting to consider the fact that faith is a mental disorder I am starting my first you of grad-school in August, I have hopes of being able to help people that suffer from this disorder, wake up!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
You are also forgetting to consider the fact that faith is a mental disorder

So Albert Einstein had a mental disorder, the founding fathers as well? Because Einstein was a Jew and the founding fathers were Christians.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
You are also forgetting to consider the fact that faith is a mental disorder

So Albert Einstein had a mental disorder, the founding fathers as well? Because Einstein was a Jew and the founding fathers were Christians.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If faith is a mental disorder, then everybody must be a ratard to a certain extent. In one way or another you have faith. If you try to write with a pencil, do you believe that the pencil will mark the paper according to how you want it to? Of course you do and by definition that is faith.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Here is an interesting contradiction. You have faith that you can help cure people of faith?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
If faith is a mental disorder, then everybody must be a ratard to a certain extent. In one way or another you have faith. If you try to write with a pencil, do you believe that the pencil will mark the paper according to how you want it to? Of course you do and by definition that is faith.

True and how do small microorganisms become the most intelligent form of life on earth

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join