It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation vs Evolution is pointless.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

Wait, did you seriously just claim we have more DNA in common with worms and mice than monkeys?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You could not have possibly read all the information there in that short period of time that I posted them, and it's the evidence behind the bible. Just what exactly "proves" evolution?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why, yes I did, do the research.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

90% of our DNA is like that of a mouse.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

I know those sites because people keep on posting them. The content on those sites has been disproved time and again.

How do I explain evolution? Easy, by using LOGIC, RATIONALITY, and SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE rather than the creationists' approach of "guess work, fairy tales, and misinterpretation".

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Tell me what you know of DNA.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
reply to post by MrXYZ

90% of our DNA is like that of a mouse.

Yeah, and we have 96% in common with monkeys. Last I checked 96% > 90%, so your claim that we have more in common with mice (or worms) than our closest relatives the primates is pure misinformation.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just did a quick search and yes that is correct, my mistake.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Tell me what you know of DNA.

Ok mate, read the following:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.talkorigins.org...

Those articles are based on SCIENTIFIC FACTS...not pure guess work like those creationist sites that twist the facts as long as it suits their agenda of misinformation.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We don't share 90 % of our DNA with mice. We might share 90 % of our protein encoding genes (I don't know, I haven't checked), but that is totally different thing and doesn't mean that they're similar (sounds more plausible thou).

edit. okay I checked

Average similarity between human and mice genes is 85 %
Average similarity between human and chimpanzee genes is 98 %

[edit on 24-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You do have a very good point Dragiero on this comment, this is laughable. By the way evolutionists, answer me this: Why did Charles Darwin say on his deathbed that "I made a huge mistake, EVOLUTION IS WRONG."?!?! (emphasis added) Was he senile or something?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How incredibly complex, wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truent2
reply to post by MrXYZ

You do have a very good point Dragiero on this comment, this is laughable. By the way evolutionists, answer me this: Why did Charles Darwin say on his deathbed that "I made a huge mistake, EVOLUTION IS WRONG."?!?! (emphasis added) Was he senile or something?

LOOOOOOL, and more creationist disinformation. Darwin never said that...google it, and you'll realize that ONLY creationist websites say that. So no, Darwin wasn't senile.

In any case, 150 years have passed since Darwin, and we have SIGNIFICANTLY more proof for his theory than ever before.

Creationist have NO evidence for their theory. Their whole theory is based on the belief that there is a creator, yet they fail miserably at proving his/her/its existence

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

He said no such thing. Now creationist. Answer this. Why do you care what Darwin said? You know we've made some progress in 150 years since On the Origin of Species publication..

[edit on 24-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If their is no evidence then how did everything we know come to be?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Creationist have NO evidence for their theory. Their whole theory is based on the belief that there is a creator, yet they fail miserably at proving his/her/its existence

Creationism is not a theory nor even a hypothesis because it doesn't make any predictions and cannot be tested. It's just a silly uneducated opinion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If their is no evidence then how did everything we know come to be?

We don't know how the universe was created, at least not fully. However, filling gaps of knowledge with pure guesswork and fairy tales, like creationists do, is an illogical and irrational approach.

And when I called creationism a "theory", I was being generous. It's about as much a theory as me claiming "a giant space turtle farting rainbows created the universe" is a theory.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
How is the idea of something being created an uneducated opinion, and does the same go for evolution? If not then how can you test evolution?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would like to see someone present to me a theory that isn't ilogical of how matter came to be.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join