It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Schoolgirl killer wants to be left alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe he should but that is a different issue. The fact of the matter is that society #ed up and they will not get any backlash. Only she will. She lied and they were stupid enough to believe her. Society should be held accountable now.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
put the heinous acts she committed aside. put aside the fact that she was not only a willing participant in the acts but she helped facilitate them by befriending or confronting the victims. hell, let's even say she was forced into this (she was't but let's say it anyway).

she still deserves death. For not saying anything. Even if she wasn't involved (she was but if she wasn't), these crimes were committed for years and she knew about them all yet she never said a word to stop them. That alone is punishable by death in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Society didn't "dork" up, The prosecution in the case did. The day that I tuck my tail between my legs and let the actions of others represent me has not and will not come. Many people in that case screwed up, but that doesn't excuse her in any way...she deserves everything she is going to get, and then some.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
... i hope that some1 will kill her... and i think i know who will kill her... i think that it will be 1 of the parents... she did tourture some school girls.... so yea... hope that she will be killed and that she will rot in hell

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
who are we to say she will rot in hell? maybe she has come to terms with what she has done and the only one to decide that is God. Remember that whole passing of judgement thing? The prosecutor represents society in the case, the judge gave the decision of 15 years. The rest is up to her parole officer and her. The fate of her soul is between her and God. The more we dwell on this the worse we become.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
... ok...

i really dont care if she will go to hell or not... buut i do hope that she will have a long and slow painful death just so that she could feel what those schoolgirls felt... u could say that im no diferent then her and id have to say that u r right... but i didnt tourture any1 i didnt kill any1...

[edit on 29-6-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Honestly, I could care less about Karla's soul and I don't care if that makes me a bad person. I'm human, and surprise, surprise, I'm not perfect. (Shhh, don't tell anyone).

I won't go as far as to say I hope she dies, because that's just not me. But will I spare an ounce of concern over her, no. Will I care if she can't find a job or gets attacked, no.

And she got 12 years, not 15. 10 for Leslie and Kristin and 2 for her sister.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the thing is that the courts handed down a sentence and you disagree with it, so therefore you feel that it is justified for her to get death threats. All because someone takes away the rights of other does not meant that any citizen can go take justice into their own hands.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
justice or not i still want her to die and go to hell.... i want her to die slowly and painfully and i want to hear her scream! lol nah i dont want to hear her scream but i do want her to die... dont care who will kill her but i want her to be killed

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I know this is a heated debate but let's keep in mind that this is the News Forum, decorum folks.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
... did i get off topic again??? .... srry.... anybody knows ov any suspects???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No, I'm just pointing out that ATSNN holds a higher standard.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It could just be me, but I make a huge distinction between a sentence a judge passed in a trial, and a plea bargain that was made in bad faith with the prosecution. In addition, the prosecution had the evidence in time to overturn her deal, but they didn't.

Quite frankly, who cares about Karla (besides us
)? How do you think this makes the other rape victims who have been told that she will never be charged for what she did to them, on video, because a lawyer made a deal? Should we be more concerned about their rights or Karla's?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
... she will be killed by a group ov mad parents... im guessing that thats who wants to kill her

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
But is that right? If we all fought back eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, we'd all be blind and toothless.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
no idea what ur saying there...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, Karla has lost her bid for a publication ban.

Media were given the go-ahead to report on Homolka's post-prison life after the judge dismissed a request by the convicted killer for a sweeping injunction that would have imposed severe limits on news outlets.

Quebec Superior Court Justice Paul-Marcel Bellavance said preventing the media from doing such things as taking her picture or reporting on her home address would be a danger to freedom of the press.

"One day or another, after 12 years of detention, Karla Teale must face the Canadian public and the Canadian media," he said, using the legal name Homolka adopted in the 1990s.

"The public has the right to know the nature of the crimes committed."

Bellavance's ruling came amid reports Homolka intends to challenge restrictions placed on her freedoms when she's released from prison, which could be as early as Thursday.

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
russiankid, if everytime someone commited a murder or rape, and you retaliated with the same exact thing back torwards them then we'd all be dead. Let's say you murder her for her murders, then her family can murder you and so on. Also, what i don't get is why everyone is making such a fuss over this one woman. She killed children but what about every other sicko who gets out in a not so high profile case. The same thing happened with a true monster in new york city last year. The Daily News gave an updated photo and asked others not to attack him but stare at him because that is what bothered him the most about the children.

Rather than harass this woman, find out what she hates the most and make it a part of her life that will always remain there. Sort of like "A Clockwork Orange" with Beethoven.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think the thread has gotten a little bit away from the point. Even though she has received a couple of death threats, I want it to be known that I do not in any way want to see someone kill her.

I just found it interesting that she, after all she had done, was trying to have the media banned from writing about her after her release, or filming her as she wanted her privacy.

I don't condone killing in any way shape or form, but I'd be the first in line to call her a scumbag as she walked down the street.

Glad to see that she was denied her request!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is a woman who claimed to be under the control of Bernardo and therefore powerless to stop his abuse of the victims, yet, she managed to find some power to stop him from smashing her beloved dog's head against the floor.

She may have paid the time imposed upon her but she has done nothing to change her ways, evidenced by her new relationship with another male killer, and should therefore be followed.

In this country, declared dangerous sex offenders upon release from prison, lose all right to privacy since the community within which they will reside is not only told, but provided with a visual depiction of the offender. Homolka unfortunately mightl escape such scrutiny unless federal corrections advises the police that she is likely to offend again. This is what is so galling to Canadians about this particular case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join