It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a few ideas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Firstly, I would just like to highlight the fact I think ATS is arguable the best forum on the internet, the ability to split it into three sections (ATS, PTS and BTS) have managed to give everyone a little something that they can all enjoy.

Secondly, the idea of a Council which would be able to take our problems, concerns and/or ideas to help better the idea should hopefully promote this site even further. So I thought I would place all my ideas into one section which you will hopefully enjoy reading.

Ideas:

ATSNN:

Over the last few months that I have been here, I have noticed ATSNN has over 100 pages of news stories. I think once a story has been voted “yes” or “no” the admins need to move it out of news and place it into the section of ATS or PTS that it best fits. This would help to increase traffic flow to PTS as well as allow new stories to not get “lost” due to others replacing them. And would get rid of the back-log of stories that have not been voted either-way.

Research Projects:

After seeing wecomeinpeace’s idea about a “Wiki” at ATS, I think there needs to be a split in the research forum. For “on going” research and “completed” projects. The second having its own search engine and different layout, moving it away from a forum but to more an independent part of ATS where the research is organised into its own pages. I also think it would be good to place this area on the main entrance page and not the forum, so non-forum-members can easily access it.

Politics at ATS:

I think there needs to be sections for “Middle Eastern” politics, “Asian” politics, Africa, etc, so that we can place news-reports into each of these areas as well as giving those members from these areas there own section instead of having to “lump” it all into World Politics, which should be used primarily for International Politics.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a debate forum for the Politics section, where “team” styled debates could be done. Which would allow the EastCoastkids helpers to develop teams in favour and then have them go at certain issues which are import to both groups.

I also think War on Terror and Current events need to be moved to the Politics section. As well as bringing a 9/11 forum into it, as QuietSoul brought up.

Moderators

I think topics need to be moved around more and into the correct section. For example the topics that go on in the Weaponry section and placed in the Military & Security issues part of PTS, especially comments about the budget, etc, so that the section can be used for its intended purpose.

FSME:

As has already been brought up by SkepticOverlord, I think the whole of PTS needs to get FSME’s, who can help guide these forums in the right way. I also think they need to be able to move threads, so that less responsibility is placed on the admins. After all the FSME’s should know what best suit’s the forum they are representing.

Membership

I think it would be good, if people could “pay” a set yearly fee to remove all the adverts from the site. So that those who don’t wish to pay still get them and ATS still earns money to run, but those who can afford to remove them are able to. This is just more a personal view of mine, but I hate clicking the adverts by accident. :|

AS I brought up before, I think it would be a good idea for each member to have the ability to invite people into ATS. Maybe giving them points as a reward for getting new members to join or displaying how many people they have got to join on there profile. Just as a incentive for people to do it.

I have a few more, but I'll write them up once I'm not drugged up to my eye-balls on pain-meds.

What do people think of these ideas?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I also think War on Terror and Current events need to be moved to the Politics section

The idea of WOT has been brought up before and discussed. You have to remember that some see the WOT as a conspiracy, so it stays on ATS. Current events covers a wide range of topics and articles that dont get accepted from ATSNN go there, so it wont be getting moved.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But shouldn't those parts be moved to either
"Political Conspiracies" or "New World Order" to the forum which would best suit them? I can't really see why the War on Terror forum should be anything other then political.

Also, I was thinking it would be good to place another part to the site similar to the guest speaker but for Private Interviews. As Infinate showed, it is possible to Interview fairly important figures and if we had a area with a set rules and regs on how to interview people for ATS it could again help make the board move forward and bring it onto the next level.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just giving this topic a boost for discussion purposes.

*bump*

seekerof

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Odium's ideas are excellent.

I'm tempted to copy and paste your words, Odium, and introduce them into a council proposal thread right now!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The ideas do not seem odious to me.

I have a concern about the blurring of ATS & PTS.

In the current US political climate that is ostensibly full of incumbent administration cover-up, orchestrated intelligence and lies, and devious and criminal application of Executive Orders and other administrative tools to execute hidden agendas, it is impossible to move the conspiracy out of the politics or the politics out of the conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Odium's ideas are excellent.

I'm tempted to copy and paste your words, Odium, and introduce them into a council proposal thread right now!

its been done

someone done it this afternoon

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I could see Political Conspiracies staying at ATS. Others should be moved though. They are more political inherently and deal in cold hard reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
its been done

Very good!

new topics

top topics

join