It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have mental problems or emotional?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Exercise everyday really hard until you are crawling from muscles cramping and trying to get up and you cant have any problems because too much pain.
Do karate and or run a lot and things that make you sweat a storm this usually helps and if not then just overexcersize and pass out(not really cause you can die).
Overweight people usually have problems and it might be not excersizing and not esteem.
Annorexic people have problems and need to eat and excersize alot and should look and feel fine...
Dont take pills for depression and anxiety just push it away with brainpower and if mad do push-ups until your really tired then get pissed that you can't do more and keep doing it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yup, it's been known for a long time that exercise can help with depression

Be aware though - there isn't one cure-all for depression (or any other condition, really)...but exercise can help a million conditions, and it's rarely a bad thing to undertake.

As with anything, see your doctor before undertaking any new exercise regime, etc etc. We don't want someone dropping dead from heart failure after they've just run five miles, now do we?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
yep..its true...cure that depression with exercise.....as follows:-

lift pint from bar to mouth,take mouthfull, place back on bar...repeat with about 10 pints.....you should feel fine in no time!

dont drive to the cigarette machine....walk...and smoke fast aswell to increase lung capacity!

take copius amounts of 'E' and speed at raves to really get those muscles pumping around on the dance floor!

god..i should open a clinic.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
imo mr fett has it right

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LOL yeah the next step if mine dont work is fetts.
I see people smoking cigarettes and walking like 15 MPH and im like WTF?

But yeah probly good to make sure your in condition to get in condition cause heart pain sucks!!!

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
Exercise everyday really hard until you are crawling from muscles cramping and trying to get up and you cant have any problems because too much pain.
Do karate and or run a lot and things that make you sweat a storm this usually helps and if not then just overexcersize and pass out(not really cause you can die).
Overweight people usually have problems and it might be not excersizing and not esteem.
Annorexic people have problems and need to eat and excersize alot and should look and feel fine...
Dont take pills for depression and anxiety just push it away with brainpower and if mad do push-ups until your really tired then get pissed that you can't do more and keep doing it.

You are joking right? I am bipolar, so if I am feeling suicidal and or homicidal I should do push ups. I take my meds every day. And it isn't fun. I also go to the therapist too. I am not overweight or Anorexic. I have been dealing with it for for 14 yrs. I am stable I take care of my two children. I run a household on my own. And I don't need someone who is unqualified to tell me to exercise to get rid of my medication and exercise.

I used to skate every day and I also used to compete. Sure exercise is great, but it will not cure mental illness. I have arthritis now, and have broken my knee four times. Which deter me from skating. I walk every day.

People like you are the problem and set the tone for the stigma of mental illness. Dont think that you can wish it away. It doesn't work. Next time you see a homeless person make sure you walk over them and pretend they are not there. We have an epidemic in our country and the majority of people do not get treated. The majority of homeless are mentally ill.

People think that they can controll it themselves. Because they are given the notion that you should be able to control yourself, by people like you. So they don't go to there Dr. And they don't take there medication. Then they go and kill someone. You see it on the news all the time. How niave' of you to think that you have the answer to such a complicated epidemic. Mental Illness is just now starting to strive toward informing people that there is nothing wrong with have a mental illness. I wouldn't dump on someone because they had epilepsy or diabetes. How pompus for you to tell someone something so stupid. Get your PHD. Or walk a mile in my shoes. I hope that you never have to wear my shoes.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb

There are a hundred different causes of weight gain.. many medical so excersize can't fix them- only fixing the underlying problem would.

PLEASE do some research into anorexia. :shk:

In some cases of MILD depression excersize may help but not for severe clinical depression. Please do research on psychological disorders before advising people on them.

top topics

join