It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Army Tech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesinOz

Apparently, old cabinet documents show that we intended to fit them out with our own Aussie nuclear weapons, made from plutonium enriched at Lucas Heights in Sydney. The cabinet papers apparently state that the government changed its mind in the late 60's, and decided to use the F1-11's for conventional purpouses only.

The plutonium for the Aussie bomb was supposed to come from a primary reactor at Jervis Bay. One of the primary reasons we never did undertake the project was due to lack of cooperation from the US because they thought we had been compromised by the KGB.

PS. ANU was originally funded to pool Australia's talent for a nuclear weapons program

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One important factor which contributes significantly to the ADF defense capabilities is a humongous moat around the entire country commonly known as the Pacific and Indian oceans.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
rogue1- wow, I stand corrected, and am amazed about the ANU info- I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense!

cargo- yes we do have a big moat around us, however I fear the drawbridge may be down if we're threatened again and not in a position to defend ourselves.

I believe we need a major civil defence overhaul for a start- including a 'duck and cover' type campaign to prepare people for possible nuclear strikes on our cities. May sound a bit extreme now, but lets see how it sounds in five or ten years time.

<< 1   >>

join