It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians are hypercritical when it comes to creating life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"every human being knows right from wrong".........are you kidding me? Then why are the prisons so full? Cloning humans is not remotely the same as those naturally born twins. The creation of life should remain where it belongs, in God's hands. Human beings have clearly demonstrated that they can not made educated decisions nor determine right from wrong. Just take a good look around this planet and see the wonderful decisions that we continue to make every day.

I believe what you are trying to ask is "If you are Christian, are you for or against closing and why?" That may be a better way to address the issue instead of looking to Christan bash.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
"every human being knows right from wrong".........are you kidding me? Then why are the prisons so full? Cloning humans is not remotely the same as those naturally born twins. The creation of life should remain where it belongs, in God's hands. Human beings have clearly demonstrated that they can not made educated decisions nor determine right from wrong. Just take a good look around this planet and see the wonderful decisions that we continue to make every day.

I believe what you are trying to ask is "If you are Christian, are you for or against closing and why?" That may be a better way to address the issue instead of looking to Christan bash.

yes every human being knows right from wrong have you ever done anything you knew you should'nt?

people who dont know right from wrong in my opinion is because of a mental illness or the environment but most people kno bad from good things

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I disagree with the right/wrong comment but that is not the point of this thread.

I personally do not see a purpose to cloning humans at this time. Why do we need to do this? If the answer is for childless people my response would be that there are plenty of orhpaned children around the world to adopt. Perhaps all the money being wasted on cloning humans could be funneled toward reducing adoption costs and making it easier for people to adopt children. If it is not to produce kids, then what is it for? To make more troops to send to war? To create some special species of humans?

This planet loves to waste money on things instead of dealing with the issues at hand. Why don't we first try and deal with the problems of mankind as is before creating a whole new set.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I disagree with the right/wrong comment but that is not the point of this thread.

I personally do not see a purpose to cloning humans at this time. Why do we need to do this? If the answer is for childless people my response would be that there are plenty of orhpaned children around the world to adopt. Perhaps all the money being wasted on cloning humans could be funneled toward reducing adoption costs and making it easier for people to adopt children. If it is not to produce kids, then what is it for? To make more troops to send to war? To create some special species of humans?

This planet loves to waste money on things instead of dealing with the issues at hand. Why don't we first try and deal with the problems of mankind as is before creating a whole new set.

im glad you see the point in this thread i was getting worried about it really that i made enough sense i tend to ramble slightly

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that prisons are full of people that know the difference between right and wrong. People knowingly commit wrongful acts daily.

As for the phrase "playing God," I think that such phrases take the focus off the humanity involved in moral questions regarding cloning and stem cell research and whatnot. Taken literally, the phrase is meaningless - "we shouldn't pretend that we're an imaginary guy with a grey beard who lives in the clouds and watches over us." Oooookay, sure thing, pal.

Focusing on the human questions, the morality, the fairness and justice of such decisions about cloning and whatnot is much more productive then chanting a cheap, mindless mantra such as "we shouldn't play God."

Zip

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by klainwhats your point?

My point was in response to this:

YOU- My personal view is that if god exists and christians are willing to listen to his rules and ideals but not support cloning is completely hypercritical.
Study my inital response for the deeper meaning, particularly:

"So, what exactly can happen in 100, 200, 300 years from now? Man can have the ability to actually be a God. Clone life, plant them on an inhabitable planet, watch them populate, dictate to them, use some awesome power of technology once in a while to keep them in line, teach them to write and tell them to record the power of their god in a book."

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
heh i still stand by my point whats yours?
i already pointed out that if we get to that stage of becoming so advanced would that give us rights over a species we created of course not.
So why should we listen to gods rules if he exsists?

that was my point which i think you missed which is why i failed to see yours sorry

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All religions are hypacrytical in a way. An obvious point is the first few pages of the Old Testament. Kane kills Abel. Kane is banished from their land. Kane says "NO, some one will murder me". Now wait a minute, I thought they were the only people on Earth?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When it comes to the Christian agenda, I believe if they had their way there would be no evolution teaching in any school in the U.S.A.

Do any of you really believe you are the creation of a God?

Have any solid evidence or science to back it up?

It would be better to leave open all paths to discovery and knowledge when it comes to teaching creation and/or evolution to the children of the world. Let them decide for themselves.

The shameful wrong coming from the Christian right, is that they will deny the existence of any theory other than creation even when that theory has more substance to back it up. Rather than argue creation based on facts and science, they would rather brainwash children before they are able to even understand either theory.

As for me, I am neither the result of creation or evolution.

I was expelled from the bowels of hell to walk this planet among you.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Humans are not God thus they should not try and play him.

Don't you believe that God is within you and a part of you? Don't you believe that God and you can be one together?

(This is a higher-level concept that some may not be able to ascribe to beacuse it is beyond easy comprenension.)

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
heh i still stand by my point whats yours?
i already pointed out that if we get to that stage of becoming so advanced would that give us rights over a species we created of course not.
So why should we listen to gods rules if he exsists?

that was my point which i think you missed which is why i failed to see yours sorry
Yes, you still miss it, and no I have not missed yours since the issue of whether we would have any right over other species we create is not what I address, but to listening to god's rule is in fact one of the points of my post. You see, you need to think outside the box rather than just assume that there was and will only be one planet's inhabitants spawning the same or similar story as we have on earth. For since man already has the ability to clone life; crops; animals and most likely humans will follow, and man already has devastating and what can be considered supernatural powers to the ignorant, uninformed and unknowing, and man is already venturing into the far reaches of our solar system, it stands to reason that:

Man just might one day find a planet suitable to start an experiment for cloning and colonization. Man would be the creator to that underdeveloped intelligent life, guiding them in their own growth; issuing rules and regulations etc. In other words, a whole new creation; god(s); and bible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join