It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Log-in Between Boards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It seems if I haven't been to one of the boards (like P@ATS) for a while I need to enter my log-in again. The problem is that if I access an article from my ATS that takes me to another one of the boards, by the time you enter your log-in you are at the main page of that board and then have to go back and find the link you were trying to access.

I was just wondering why a log-in on one board can't carry over to the others automatically if they are all the same?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I was just wondering why a log-in on one board can't carry over to the others automatically if they are all the same?

Spite.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They're not the same.

There's abovetopsecret.com and belowtopsecret.com, and, as you might have noticed, there is a large difference between those two websites. Namely five letters.

PTS is politics.abovetopsecret.com, which is also separate. But it looks connected. It is, really, but you need to login again because the domain is different.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Actualy, amorymeltzer, you can easely setup cookies to span multiple domains, but there are security considerations to be made with that.

Using cookies that span multiple domains is like opening a big fat hole for cookie monsters to jump into.

Cross domain cookies is how all those spam, ads and spyware domains get their information from one and other.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That will work most times. Unfortunately not always.
Example, I can not get into the deny ignorance forum as it does not recognize either my name nor my password. When I try to resend the password.... my email address is already used. Figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Using cookies that span multiple domains is like opening a big fat hole for cookie monsters to jump into.

Cross domain cookies is how all those spam, ads and spyware domains get their information from one and other.

Well, that was a good answer, thanks for the explanation.

That first response to my question was a little over my head, perhaps I don't understand how that term is used in computer lingo.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have found this too, and I would be very happy if my login can be in all at once, once even my computer starte to act weird and I couldn't type my pasword, it wasn' cooperating.

top topics

join