posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:06 PM
1.Slight loss of individuality
1. End to the "X" brand crap, as many already expressed.
2. Less distraction to students. (except of course, for Britney-style school girls tying it into a midriff, but that's a whole other arguement,
3. Ends the hassle of deciding what to wear, when it's 6am and you're trying to get the kids ready.
4. Instills school pride by identifying themselves as part of a group.
5. Gets them used to the job market, as many jobs have uniforms, or at least specific dress codes.
6. Instills a basic attitude of professionalism, and reminds the kids that they are they to work.
7. Would cut down on the "slacker" syndrome....
Sorry, but I'd definitely be for mandatory school uniforms. There are plenty of other ways to express your individuality, not the least of which, is