It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Thousands of boys thrown out of sect, so older men can marry more wives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints (FLDS), which broke away from the Morman church, practices polygamy and believes a man must marry at least three women to go to heaven. Up to 1,000 Teenage boys have been seperated from thier parents, thrown out of communities, dumped on the side of the road in Utah and Arizona, and told they will never go to heaven or see thier families again. So that more women are availible to the older men to marry.

www.guardian.co.uk
Up to 1,000 teenage boys have been seperated from thier parents and thrown out of thier communities by a polygamous sect to make more young women available for older men, Utah officals claim.

Man of these "Lost boys", some as young as 13, have simply been dumped on the side of the road in Arizona and Utah, by the leaders of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (FLDS, and told they will never see thier families again or go into heaven

The 10,000-strong FLDS, which broke away from the Mormon church in 1890 when the mainstream faith disavowed polygamy, believes a man must marry at least three women to go to heaven. The sect appeared to be in turmoil yesturday, after it's assets were frozen last week and a warrent was issued in Arizona on Friday for the arrest of its autocratic leader, Warren Jeffs, for arranging a wedding between an underage girl and a 28-year-old man who was already married.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am a Christian, and I am appauled at this revolting story. It jsut goes to show how a cult taht starts out with questionable rules can cause so many problems later on. In the article an FLDS offcial said they "Lost boys" were delinquents who refused to follow the sects rules. I think making them homeless and seperating them from thier families for an underage child is far to harsh of a sentance.

It is also interesting to note how this story is not being covered by any Media orginizations in the United states. Is the presidential address too important to have pre-empted by a bad story reguading religion

Related News Links:
www.smh.com.au

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What I'm surprised about is that all these stories are coming out of the UK? Yea, where is the mainstream news on these kinds of stories?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have seen stories covering this in the mainstream U.S. press, but they are few and far between. I guess stories on a missing girl in Aruba and a runaway bride seem more important.

BTW -- I can't vote yes on this until the spelling is cleaned up, this is ATSNN...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Man, the LDS and FLDS are dangerous. I feel sorry for the people whose lives they shatter.

*Insert typical cliche about checking watch to see what year it is here.*

Zip

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What I'm surprised about is that all these stories are coming out of the UK? Yea, where is the mainstream news on these kinds of stories?

get real just because a news organization isn't 'american' doesnt mean its not reliable

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Heh, I think he meant that this is important to Americans, and he was wondering why the American media is sleeping on it.

Zip

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with polygamy between consenting adults,
But treating human beings [children] that have done no wrong like trash is a crime.

Here is another fine example of selling your humanity for a ticket to heaven.

If you sell your soul and humanity for a ticket to heaven [pig in a poke], expect to be treated accordingly by me.
You decided not to be humane or human, I will cut you down like an animal.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thanks Zip, that is exactly what I meant, I forgot to put "US mainstream" in there.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My question is, why in the world would you want more than one wife? Some guys just love to be miserable, I guess.

join