It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation, where is the evidence? I see none.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
well i only assume there was some sort of energy burst at the creation of the universe because the universe carries on expanding, which i think is a quite logical assumption. and i don't assume we're in the centre of the universe. i don't think even think we're anywhere near the centre of the universe. the bible translated from greek to english in the KJV, is neither here nor there. even though it wasn't even translated in the english language that you know today. in the original KJV you would find it difficult to understand one sentence, so no you are not reading the original, you're reading a translation of the greek version in to old english in to the english we read today.

i don't get why people say there is no evidence for evolution. obviously darwin has pointed certain things out and this is evidence. the fact that there is great diversity on our planet points towards evolution rather than a devine creator. i find it hard to believe why anyone today, in the 21st century, would pick up the bible and interpret it as a literal piece of history of how we began. its myths and legends (stolen ones at that). the messiah was not a new concept when christ came along, nor were his miracles. when christianity was finally created, people had been going to the after life and believing in gods for thousands of years. the concept of religion was created in a time where there was no other option. we now have that other option thanks to darwin. evolution is not a religion...you don't need faith to believe in evolution, you need some common sense and a need for a logically explanation of why and how we are here. not just some hearsay in an untrustworthy book.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by expert999
...if you really think about it, the stars that we know about, are moving away. but you are assuming that we are somewhere near the center of the universe. and we may not be...

Expert999,
There is no "center of the universe."

Originally posted by expert999and no the bible has not been translated and translated. over and over. of you know anything about the KJV of the bible. it was translated from the original greek. thats why I use that version. all of the others were translated over and over.

That's pretty funny, the "original" language of the Bible is most certainly not Greek.

Harte

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by expert999
but before I ask them let me educate you on a few things

Anyone who can write a post so full of elementary errors in fact and thinking really shouldn't be offering to educate anyone on anything.

There is a species of spiders called Myrmarachne

If you are going to cut and paste someone else's work, don't steal it from Kent Hovind, at least steal it from someone who's not a criminal.
www.drdino.com...

How much other stuff in your posts have you cut and pasted without giving credit????

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
things that make evolutionists look stupid?...just read that article btw. the thing is some evidence would suggest natural selection, survival of the fittest, and at one point in time we shared a common ancestor with apes. these are close to facts, yet some people still like to deny them. but they are as close to facts as you can get without actually going back 100,000 years etc.

the really wrong thing about that article was the title. creationists aren't stupid for thinking that noah lived in to his 900s, built a boat over 120 years, saved billions of animals and put them on his boat, that adam and eve started the human race, myths about talking snakes, healing the blind, resurrections and virgin births...these aren't illogical beliefs? you have little, if any, evidence that anything of important value actually happened in the bible. whether you like it or not there is absolutly zero evidence mary was a virgin. there is zero evidence about adam and eve being the first two humans...basically because before this myth was written there were 100s of others written before and were different, so the credibility of adam and eve is nonexistant.

evolutionists are supposed to be stupid because of certain anomolies. that bug that has to have had a devine creator because the chemicals it carries should boil it or melt the bug. that in no way disproves evolution. if anything it proves it as over time this creature has evolved to carry this chemical without being destroyed by it. if anyone is stupid here its bible cheerleaders, with their ignorant beliefs. they are ignorant whether you like it or not. you can't prove mary was a virgin or that jesus was resurrected, yet you believe it like it was fact, when it is not. its hearsay at its best. this is an ignorant belief, because there are no facts or evidence to back up your arguement.

with science it seems we have to have logical conclusions, facts upon facts to support our arguement, evidence that is so conclusion you could slap a sticker on it saying 'this f**king evidence is conclusive', and even then when it slightly trails of from what the bible says...its shot down like a sack of s**t. then you have bible cheerleaders who just tell you word for word about the bible, read some pslams, tell some more miracles that jesus did and this constitutes to their conclusive arguement.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ive not read the whole post but,
There are sea shells in the sahara deserrt because ut was underwater at one time, but how amny were there 40 days and nights worth or a couple of million years?
Plus the biblical flood has been explained with thje beaking of the dam between the black sea and the mediterainan(sp?) which is in the area where some drunk wrote the original bible. SO disputwe this.
And humans are not the only creature to use tools chimps do.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So do Dolphins. It seems the more brains a animal has, the smarter it is.(Humans have 2 brains, it can technically live if one side is destroyed, but not as well if it had a whole brain, like how someone can have a KNIFE sticking out of their head without knowing cause it goes inbetween the brains and misses them, Dolphins have 4, and not sure about the other Great Apes)

Anyways, they do have proof, it's called the bible!!! Thats all they need, even though everything is wrong, no Hebrew SLaves, snakes don't talk, no Adam and Eve, no world flood, no flying zombies thatg cured the sick, but hey, all they need is someone taking their money to tell them it is right.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am a 40 year old non practicing Catholic. I believed, and did, up until a year ago, the evolution was. Science was king, and that basically it was either science, or faith that had to set the path.

In reading the Bible, and then having some epiphenys, I changed my way of thinking in terms of evolution. No one jammed it down my throat, no one forced me. I still dont go to church on Sundays, but in reading, and believing, I realized that evolution or not, we were created.

And since we were created, that means we are. The fact that we were created from nothing, and then realized God, means he is. So born by God, there is a God. And born of Carbon and lightening, we still believe in God. Either way there is.

So it matters not whether we evolved. Sure. to majestic changes in climate, our body has the ability to adapt. But given the option of trusting in God, or trusting in science, im going to have to go with God. Within reason of course. I still need a doctor like anyone else. Spending resources on evolution versus mankind and poverty...I think our priorities are skewed.

Is man really any better then he was from the days of eden, or if you are an evolutionist, from cromagnon? Do we take care of each other more now then we did then? Are we more materialist as an evolved or non evolved species. For sure materialistic.

We have nicer things due to science. Better creature comforts. But lesser
community help and caring. Its all about money now days.

I dont recall them finding any coins on the oldest man discovered.

Peace

[edit on 10-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
well money wasn't really needed, every family was their own. usually people were farmers, they'd feed themselves, and when they need certain things they couldn't grow they would go to market and swap a cow or something. so you can't really compare the materialist ideal with older civilisations.

you say you read the bible and it just came to you that we were created. no evidence whatsoever about this change of opinion, yet just that the bible must be right, hence there is a god. would you care to elaborate why the sudden change, what swayed you...was it 'in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth'? holy # he really did! look it's written in this book!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well, funny you should ask. Im a methodial person. Logical is more like it.

First things first if you really want to know. There were certain aspects of my life the I couldnt explain. Small miracles to say the least. Having gone through a lingering divrorce, and then being hit by a bolt of lightening while I was staying in a small Motel up in Seattle? A bolt of lightening meaning a sudden an inexplicable clarity on life.

Did I believe in Angels at the time? Hell no. Half believed in God. I was a half baked non practicing Catholic as I had stated.

Things began to happen. I had a pair of individuals, whom I invited off the street because it was cold outside. The entered my room and the first thing the woman says to me is " Do you know the story of Sodom and Gohmorra"? I said I didnt. We spent the afternoon talking, and they left.
I thought it to be odd.

I then had a vision that a Bolt of lightening was going to hit the space needle. I passed if off as a dream, and three days later, a bolt of lightening hits the top of the space needle with no one hurt.

During that period, there was a bit of depression. I basically prayed and said that if there is a God, I need some help. I began reading the bible bit by bit. And new and unusual things began to happen for me. My finances were in turmoil over the divorce, and it seemed that no matter how bad things got, I always was provided for.

My room had run out one night, and I came back and it was locked. The hotel manager wasnt answering, and I went back to my car kind of disgruntled. I had an urge to go for a walk, and when I came back to the motel, I was literally drawn to room 14. The drapes were open. The door was slightly ajar. I felt as though I should go in. The room was warm on an otherwise dreary night. I slept well. The next day, neither the manager or the cleaning staff said anything. I was able to get into me room the next day.

God speaks small at first. Small words. Like an inner voice. He isnt going to let you win the lottery. You have to have faith in him.

When it became very evident that I wasnt losing my damm marbles, it was apparent that God was active in my life. Here and there. The more I looked, the more I saw.

As I read the Bible, as well as participated in these forums, its been ever more clear that science is blinded in the name of science. I beleive that we as men have the secrets of the unviverse locked withing each and every one of us. We merely need to listen and look.

The Bible soberingly addresses many issues. Read further to the book of enoch. It talks about orbits. The book of Enoch is mans account of Heaven.
Deleted as apocryphal and burned some 400 ad. It has returned somehow.

" Observe ye everything that takes place in the heaven, how they do not change their orbits, and the luminaries which are in the heaven, how they all rise and set in order each in its season, and 2 transgress not against their appointed order. Behold ye the earth, and give heed to the things which take place upon it from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon earth 3 change, but all the works of God appear to you. Behold the summer and the winter, how the whole earth is filled with water, and clouds and dew and rain lie upon it."

reluctant-messenger.com...

The old testament has God literally walking around here on earth interfacing with people. Are they all liars?

With what has been happening with me, and my studying into what most people deem as " uncool" in terms of religion being unfashionble....
It came to me that this is....the arrogance of man. The very thing God had a hard time with. The Garden. Man thinks himself a God. And its proving to be just that. We want to be in charge of our own destiny, then let man do that for awhile. See how well he fares.

To believe in infinity. To believe in what was not. To beleive that we are and were not, is for me to know that there is a God. A higher being and self.
That there are certain things that man should not go into.

Remember what John Paul said to Hawkings?

Your getting to close to God......

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, funny you should ask. Im a methodial person. Logical is more like it.

First things first if you really want to know. There were certain aspects of my life the I couldnt explain. Small miracles to say the least. Having gone through a lingering divrorce, and then being hit by a bolt of lightening while I was staying in a small Motel up in Seattle? A bolt of lightening meaning a sudden an inexplicable clarity on life.

Did I believe in Angels at the time? Hell no. Half believed in God. I was a half baked non practicing Catholic as I had stated.

Things began to happen. I had a pair of individuals, whom I invited off the street because it was cold outside. The entered my room and the first thing the woman says to me is " Do you know the story of Sodom and Gohmorra"? I said I didnt. We spent the afternoon talking, and they left.
I thought it to be odd.

I then had a vision that a Bolt of lightening was going to hit the space needle. I passed if off as a dream, and three days later, a bolt of lightening hits the top of the space needle with no one hurt.

During that period, there was a bit of depression. I basically prayed and said that if there is a God, I need some help. I began reading the bible bit by bit. And new and unusual things began to happen for me. My finances were in turmoil over the divorce, and it seemed that no matter how bad things got, I always was provided for.

My room had run out one night, and I came back and it was locked. The hotel manager wasnt answering, and I went back to my car kind of disgruntled. I had an urge to go for a walk, and when I came back to the motel, I was literally drawn to room 14. The drapes were open. The door was slightly ajar. I felt as though I should go in. The room was warm on an otherwise dreary night. I slept well. The next day, neither the manager or the cleaning staff said anything. I was able to get into me room the next day.

God speaks small at first. Small words. Like an inner voice. He isnt going to let you win the lottery. You have to have faith in him.

When it became very evident that I wasnt losing my damm marbles, it was apparent that God was active in my life. Here and there. The more I looked, the more I saw.

As I read the Bible, as well as participated in these forums, its been ever more clear that science is blinded in the name of science. I beleive that we as men have the secrets of the unviverse locked withing each and every one of us. We merely need to listen and look.

The Bible soberingly addresses many issues. Read further to the book of enoch. It talks about orbits. The book of Enoch is mans account of Heaven.

" Observe ye everything that takes place in the heaven, how they do not change their orbits, and the luminaries which are in the heaven, how they all rise and set in order each in its season, and 2 transgress not against their appointed order. Behold ye the earth, and give heed to the things which take place upon it from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon earth 3 change, but all the works of God appear to you. Behold the summer and the winter, how the whole earth is filled with water, and clouds and dew and rain lie upon it."

The old testament has God literally walking around here on earth interfacing with people. Are they all liars?

With what has been happening with me, and my studying into what most people deem as " uncool" in terms of religion being unfashionble....
It came to me that this is....the arrogance of man. The very thing God had a hard time with. The Garden. Man thinks himself a God. And its proving to be just that. We want to be in charge of our own destiny, then let man do that for awhile. See how well he fares.

To believe in infinity. To believe in what was not. To beleive that we are and were not, is for me to know that there is a God. A higher being and self.

Remember what John Paul said to Hawkings?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well, funny you should ask. Im a methodical person. Logical is more like it.

First things first if you really want to know. There were certain aspects of my life the I couldnt explain. Small miracles to say the least. Having gone through a lingering divrorce, and then being hit by a bolt of lightening while I was staying in a small Motel up in Seattle? A bolt of lightening meaning a sudden and inexplicable clarity on life.

Things began to happen. I had a pair of individuals, whom I invited off the street because it was cold outside. They entered my room and the first thing the woman says to me is " Do you know the story of Sodom and Gohmorra"? I said I didnt. We spent the afternoon talking, and they left.
I thought it to be odd.

I then had a vision that a Bolt of lightening was going to hit the space needle. I passed it if off as a dream, and days later, a bolt of lightening hits the top of the space needle with no one hurt. I was shocked.

My room had run out one night, and I came back and it was locked. The motel manager wasnt answering, and I went back to my car kind of disgruntled. I had an urge to go for a walk, and when I came back to the motel, I was literally drawn to room 14. The drapes were open. The door was slightly ajar. I felt as though I should go in. The room was warm on an otherwise dreary night. I slept well. The next day, neither the manager or the cleaning staff said anything. I was able to get into my room the next day.

God speaks small at first. Small words. Like an inner voice. He isnt going to let you win the lottery. You have to have faith in him. There an agenda unknown for each of us. All you have to do is ask. Out loud. Alone. And be sincere. No Joke. Out loud.

Another day, I went outside. I was with a friend. We were talking on a cold February night. As we were standing there, I said to him that I felt something was going to happen. I pointed to the dark and clear night sky.
Within 30 second, two bright shooting stars appears. One from the far east, and the other from the far west. The met overhead. My friend standing with me was a bit unnerved to say the least. How did you know that? I dont know. Its all been part of the process.

As I read the Bible, as well as participated in these forums, its been ever more clear that science is blinded in the name of science. I beleive that we as men have the secrets of the unviverse locked withing each and every one of us. We merely need to listen and look. Use it in the right way, then it will open to you. Use it for selfish gain, and your dead ended. Kind of a univesal truth Id call it.

The Bible soberingly addresses many issues. Read further to the book of Enoch. It talks about orbits. The book of Enoch is mans account of Heaven.
Funny how truth can make a rebirth. You just cant stop it.

Remember what John Paul said to Stephan Hawkings?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
NO theyre not all liers cos most likely none of them realyl existed and if they did they mistoke swamp gas for a god.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I find it funny that the evolutionists agree with most if not everything Darwin & others stated in various books, documentaries, etc. (which are only several years old), Yet they are so quick to dismiss the Bible (which is undeniably the oldest book known to man).

If the Bible & its teachings is all bogus, then why is it still around in our modern times? Whose to say that our ancestors didn't have a better understanding of existence than we do?

Every ancient culture on earth believed in creationism. To say that there is no God is basically saying that every beautiful aspect of life has no meaning whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crisis
I find it funny that the evolutionists agree with most if not everything Darwin & others stated in various books, documentaries, etc. (which are only several years old), Yet they are so quick to dismiss the Bible (which is undeniably the oldest book known to man).

If the Bible & its teachings is all bogus, then why is it still around in our modern times? Whose to say that our ancestors didn't have a better understanding of existence than we do?

Every ancient culture on earth believed in creationism. To say that there is no God is basically saying that every beautiful aspect of life has no meaning whatsoever.

i don't think the bible should be looked at as 'one book'...it is a collection of books, written over 1600 years, and put first put together in 400 BC, yet has had more translations from 400 BC to the 21st century. basically what it is, is a collection of myths and legends of the time. very much like a childrens story book would be, with fables and stories all thrown together. the book and religion is still around in modern times because people are afraid to let go of that core belief. every ancient culture believed in some sort of god because there was no other reason at that time.

with darwin's book, you can never compare that to the bible as darwin's book is a very credible source. we know who wrote it, we know it hasn't been changed over the years etc. with the bible it has been changed over the years, we also do not even know one author of any of the books within the bible, yet you choose to say its all true? the reason why gods were invented were to control the masses, which is constantine introduced it. people were not as well educated during the biblical times and had little if any of the knowledge we have today.

as you say all ancient cultures believed in gods, however, only one can be right, and any christian will say that is theres. therefore gods like the greek gods or egyptian ones that are non-existant today...they must have just be made up then? that means if people and cultures are just making up gods, that end up being non-existant in a few thousand years, the i think that shows christianity to be a joke and just the same...there is nothing different or special about christianity and it will follow the same path as the greek gods in the future.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Still love Channel 6, not 62 or 74, although they probably show the same show, it was called "The Evils of Harry Potter" it was all about christians buying every Potter book and burning them. Then they cut away to some christian whining about something or other, then back to this huge pile of books burning. But it was steange, goes from like Little Rock to Memphis to Atlanta, and all of them have christians buying thousands of books just so they can burn them.

End quote.
If I write a book saying that Jesus was an itinerant vagabond of no fixed abode and no visible means of support, a hobo, who lived off the charity of strangers, unrelated females included, all of which statements are, in fact, true, (if anything about Jesus is) will christians buy thousands of my books just so they can burn them. Let's see.
$49.95 x 20000 no make that 30000. How many born agains are there in this country?

Burn, baby, burn.

groups.yahoo.com...

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
There are none so deaf as those who will not hear.
There are none so rank as those who will not bathe.

[edit on 11/7/2005 by christianpatrick]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You forgot something that makes the difference between the books by Darwin and "others", and the bible.

People agree with Darwin and "others" because they had

physical evidence

Which went with their theories. They also let everyone pick them apart to prove them true.

They followed this grand invention we like to call the scientific method.

Your comparison is riduculous.

Most people who understand evolution i.e. "evolutionists", don't just read Darwin's book and say "Halleluyah, I have seen the light!!"

Most people understand the vast body of evidence that backs up evolution.

There is massive evidence for evolution, but this thread is to give creationists the same opportunity.

You can't prove a negative, so please provide some evidence that backs up the bible's version of creation.

I do agree with you that the same standards need to apply to both creation and evolution.

Please let me see the "light"(hard evidence) for creation.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I find it funny that the evolutionists agree with most if not everything Darwin & others
with darwin's book, you can never compare that to the bible as darwin's book is a very credible source. we know who wrote it, we know it hasn't been changed over the years etc. with the bible it has been changed over the years, we also do not even know one author of any of the books within the bible, yet you choose to say its all true? the reason why gods were invented were to control the masses, which is constantine introduced it. people were not as well educated during the biblical times and had little if any of the knowledge we have today.

Just because you know who wrote something, doesn't mean what they wrote is Correct!
Case in point:

I believe it was Archimetis, the anchient Astronomer who spent years working with an early telescope plotting and charting the movements of astronomical bodies in great detail. He could accuratly predict the phazes of the moon and when different planet could be seen from earth. Pretty good huh?

However, based on his obsevations, he also concluded the fallowing:

1. The Earth was at the Center of the Universe!
2. The Earth did NOT Move!
3. The sun was orbiting the Earth!

He wrote these conclusion down in a book!

We KNOW who wrote the book! The Book was base on years of Carefully recorded scientific observation! The Records Survived for centuries. Others of the time confirmed these finding. We know the book was NOT changed, copied, or rewritten. We know the author of these records was a serious astronomer With no apperent political or personal motives to lie about his finding. However, We now Know the three conclusions listed above are NOT correct!

Just because Science can't prove Darwin wrong yet, doesn't mean he is right! Also, if everything is related through evolution, as you claim, why Are there some Speices with no apperent ansestor.

Case in Point: the Duck Billed Platypus, it has features of several animals, but no clear relation to ANY of them! What did the Platypus evolve from?

Case in Point: Flightless Flies, What is the evolutionary advantage to an insect that doesn't fly?

With all of today's scientific knowlege, we still can't explain some of our exotic species. Strange, isn't it? If evolution was correct, it should explain these apperent exceptions to the rule! See, your problem is: the above examples can be explained by a part of Creationism known as Intelligent Design Theory!

For your Reading Pleasure, I'll outline the highlights of it for you:

1. All Life was design and created to fill a unique role in it's given envirnment.

2. The Design are modifed slightly over time through changes in the DNA code, which are made by a Creator.

Kiss Darwin goodby! He's dead and gone! Give it about 50 years or so, and his "Theory of Evolution" will probably be too. Sorry guys, but science is NOT always right. Even you PhD holders can be wrong!

[edit on 12-7-2005 by ghost]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This is not true. The Indian Vegas are the oldest sacred religious books extant. They predate the Bible by at least 1500 years.

Well, the Rig Vedas are also still around, and Hinduism had almost one billion followers in 2002. Your argument has successfully defeated itself here.

This is untrue in many ways, but the most grievous injury of this statement is that it is illogical. A "meaning of life" does not depend on a creator. Additionally, things are not less "beautiful" just because they were not spawned by some entity "speaking" them into existence. A rose by any other name...

Originally posted by christianpatrick
If I write a book saying that Jesus was an itinerant vagabond of no fixed abode and no visible means of support, a hobo, who lived off the charity of strangers, unrelated females included, all of which statements are, in fact, true, (if anything about Jesus is) will christians buy thousands of my books just so they can burn them. Let's see.

Hmm, there is already a book that says all of these things. It is called the Bible. Christians don't typically burn Bibles, but ya never know with these guys.
(Just jokin', fellas.)

Originally posted by ghost
Case in Point: the Duck Billed Platypus, it has features of several animals, but no clear relation to ANY of them! What did the Platypus evolve from?

All lifeforms on Earth descend from the Last Universal Common Ancestor (LCA/LUA/LUCA). Check out my abiogenesis thread for more on this. It's lonely in that thread...

Case in Point: Flightless Flies, What is the evolutionary advantage to an insect that doesn't fly?

"Survival of the fittest" is a business term. Don't get it confused with "Natural selection." These flies have no predatorial enemies, so the weaker-winged of them were never weeded out - they could survive walking along the jugle floor jes' fine.

www.hawaii-forest.com...
As you and your remnant band breed, the tiny gene pool available to you may have some mutation that reveals itself. Perhaps some deeply hidden recessive gene that produces wilted, non-functional wings occurs in your offspring. Fortunately, without any predators to stalk these helpless offspring condemned to a life on the forest floor, they survive. With only each other to breed with, this flightless deformity quickly becomes prevalent within the group until all of your progeny are born flightless

Concerning the words of John Paul II
This summer the Pope and I came to an understanding. If you account for a Supreme Being, he said, the Vatican doesn't have a problem with evolutionary theory. He went further to suggest that to view "life in terms of an 'ongoing creation' is a scenario that makes increasing sense, scientifically and theologically."

Zip

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is a large amount of information on the platypus. I haven't read it all yet, but I think it should be sufficient for you to scratch out that item from your list of things that don't make sense to you about evolution.

I will add here that your timeline of 50 years for the disposal of Darwinist evolutionary theories is quite a gamble - specifically because new techniques and technology allow us more insight into genetics than ever before, and this new information consistently corroborates evolutionary theory's postulations.

I think that the only way the Darwinist evolutionary theory will be thrown out in 50 years is if nuclear war breaks out and we all become ignorant primitives again, unable to spend time on scientific endeavors because we're too involved in finding food.

The only other way I can see the theories being tossed is if one of the many world religions' Gods comes down to the Earth and says loudly and clearly that we should forget about evolution because it's horse hockey.

Zip

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Records Survived for centuries.
Just because Science can't prove Darwin wrong yet, doesn't mean he is right!

MODERN [as in not archaic and outdated] scientific evidence supports Darwin.. if it didn't it would've been discredited by now with all the advances in DNA research. Your comparing the modern science world and the dark ages is kind of ridiculous as they didn't have comparable technology and knowledge.

Also, if everything is related through evolution, as you claim, why Are there some Speices with no apperent ansestor.

Case in Point: the Duck Billed Platypus, it has features of several animals, but no clear relation to ANY of them!

It is actually said to be a very distant relative of the beaver [though the beaver has no duck bill].
It is also only one of two monotremes.. [mammels which lay eggs] the other is the echidna. Both are native to the same australian habitat.

What did the Platypus evolve from?

It does actually have an ancestory.. fossils found [dating back apx 15 million years so it's limited] show that it's teeth have changed and has in fact evolved to become smaller. Platypuses are thought to be a link between reptiles,birds and mammels.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by riley]

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join