It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is history repeating itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I put this in website-Related discussion because I wasn't sure where it should go. (Thanks for the advice Asala)

The summer of 2001 was known as the summer of the shark. Every day there was story after story about the sharks and the whole subject was being run into the ground. Right up until 9/11.

After that you didn't hear anything about sharks for quite some time. Naturally, there were bigger stories to report on.

As this summer begins i'm noticing that stories about sharks are all over the place, just as they were in 2001. In the words of the Babe, "It's deja Vu all over again."

Will history repeat itself? Is this a sign that the west is about to suffer another major blow? Are we being set up by the media? Are the powers that be this sinister?

Or, am I just a paranoid lunatic who reads too much into the daily fodder that passes for news?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Every year it gets colder and then it gets warmer. Is history repeating itself?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hm...has there been anything in the previous years about sharks? Come to think of it, it's "one giant step for a man" to presume that shark attacks appearing and being dismissed in the media points to some sort of giant media conspiracy. Are there any other patterns you can find?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"Those who refuse to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."

Now that I've learned about the shark attacks, may I assume I'm immune?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"History is much liek an endless waltz, the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever."
Who knows the shark thing could be a sign... we just have to wait to find out.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Naturally, there were bigger stories to report on.

Don't you mean bigger sharks to report on?

A statistics file is actually kept on shark attacks and can be found here.

Seems 2000 was quite big.

www.flmnh.ufl.edu...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Although this link does not relate to sharks I do find it interesting with the history of two presidents and the "amazing facts".

www.mukto-mona.com...

It is later in the page debunked as coincidence.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Those of us who like playing in the gulf know that the Bull Sharks are very aggressive and will snack on a human in a heartbeat. They don't see very well, and the Gulf isn't as clear as, say, the Carribean. We know not to swim too far out, past the sand bar, and we know better than to wear striped swim suits.
When you go into the gulf, you roll the dice. When you go without being equipped with good information, the odds rise against you. Sometimes the dice are hot, and sometimes they are cold. Seems the luck is cold.

Two things we know will happen at the beach every year; people will get nipped by a shark, and a drunken student will fall from a balcony.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Of course history is repeating itself. You had Hitler in 1933...now we have Bush....

Oh--the shark thing. I was wondering that same thing myself. Hmmm...maybe we need to have a missing intern first. Chandra Levy was making headlines in '01.

That reminds me--anyone have any updates on that kid who had his arm bitten off and lost just about all his blood?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBreather
Every year it gets colder and then it gets warmer. Is history repeating itself?

Are you in the southern hemisphere?

I hope so, or you need a new biothermometer.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OK, OK, I admit it. I was being just a tad bit paranoid when I came up with this. The prevelance of shark stories in the media are a sad barometer when it comes to the predictions of terrorist attacks.

Still, I have a right to my paranoia, considering the times we live in. I cherish it almost as much as my delusions of grandeur.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this is pretty normal every year, infact 12 died here last year from sharks, 2 is about average.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Haven't we had this thread before???

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
These shark stories just reinforce my opinion I thought of when I was at the beach. If you are suddenly surrounded by a school of fast moving fish, time to head towards the shore. You don't want to be mistaken for shark food. Those fish aren't always moving so fast. Actually another opinion of mine has been reinforced. If you can't outrun a shark, it's better to hit a shark real hard in the nose and hope you don't miss.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
In the words of the Babe, "It's deja Vu all over again."

[ thread ninja ]
Yogi Berra
[ /thread ninja ]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
you said in the words of the "babe"
It's deja vu all over again
That was actually Yogi not Babe

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey- I read about something like that, only on a much larger scale, a manufactured time loop. It talks about how Atlantis is america, and how by looking into the past we can determine the future, the fall of america, and all the other world superpowers.And then when every body dies, it starts over again. if thats true, then precognition could actually be past life experiences.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlwfbird
you said in the words of the "babe"
It's deja vu all over again
That was actually Yogi not Babe

Woops, my bad. Not only was the topic too far out there, I even had the quotes wrong. Somedays my fingers are more productive if they just pick my nose, rather than type out conspiricies.

I shall be more careful in the future.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
Hey- I read about something like that, only on a much larger scale, a manufactured time loop. It talks about how Atlantis is america, and how by looking into the past we can determine the future, the fall of america, and all the other world superpowers.And then when every body dies, it starts over again. if thats true, then precognition could actually be past life experiences.

dude!!! Nice Theory!!!

i think that is a very very very interesting concept; we have no way of proving it but wow

very simple
and it makes sense in a paradoxical way; which would be expected

very creative speculation
i like this type of talk lol

i dont know anything for sure; but i do think that could be possible; givin our human expierances
it makes precognition totally explainable

it would also add an interesting twist to the Past Life idea *which there is some very interesting evidence about that i saw on Arthur C Clarks mysterious universe*
if the evidence i saw on arthur c clarks show is true;
and past life is a real occurance

than this theory totally unravels a wild mystery!!

but it begs one big Question

How can we explain fossil evidence of ancient history in relevance to this time loop?
? This would mean the time loop is longer than 3 billion years?
even if we made miscalculations on the age of the fossil records; and made incorrect assumptions of evolution
it would still mean the time loop would have to be vastly old

what i mean is that the only way the time loop thing works *in my view* is that it would have to explain dinosaurs too
so the time loop cannot be occuring over a quick timescale

it even may be as old as the entire universe itself
infinite
being it would be a timeloop

lets not get started on infinity
we can describe it in infinite ways and waste infinite time
because if infinity exists , that means everything exists
ahhh the ancient religions of earth have great wisdom about this
God is all, all is god
so IT, is Everything....well then we can prove that simple
does Everything exist or not?
hehehehe
depends on ur personal definition of god
but if your god is infinite; than we can prove this god as being true and all-encompassing and in a sense truely omnipitent *however u spell it*

this totally explains even more because the physicists say everything is Energy
so this only follows that everything is energy is god
which is just One thing from which all things Originate
and its totally scientific in nature
Since we can prove Existance

if you exist you can prove it; if you dont you cant
it really works in a straightforward path lmao
well now that we know everything is all the same than what do we do now? i guess we can go try to have fun because we can get this burden off our shoulders now

but im sure somewhere in this whole paradox Im Incorrect somewhere along the line
i think it would be cool if someone could point it out
i like learning others thoughts thats where i stole my thoughts from in the first place

oh ya and stop war because u cannot party during war and it doesnt make sense everyone should just party and have a good ol time have a fistfight if u need to get some anger out just keep the weapons down
have a good day

edit:: maybe i should post the theory about how we can prove god as true since god is everything which its very hard to deny your own existance so should i make a thread in religion about it , i think it would be cool but i dunno what you guys think its stupid?? please share ur thoughts

[edit on 1-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

new topics

top topics

join