It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Asked For Your Help Tonight America!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
During his prime time speech to America tonight (from Ft. Bragg, NC) Bush asked all Americans to go to americasupportsyou.mil... and tell the troops what you think about the War in Iraq.

Go for it! I did.

Hang on, someone's at the door. Be right back...

[edit on 28-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A classic case of transference. The military has two choices; carry out his commands; or refuse to do so. The latter is not likely, so Bush politically appeals to the relatives of those who have children in the armed forces and the patriotic respect due to America's defenses.

Were he really looking for support, he would open a WH site to same, for himself, and issue the invitation accordingly.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Great site, I did it too.
W and the troops have all my suport and prayers..

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I watched the speech can you tell.

I thought it was a great speech and he did get his point across.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am so angry with this man that is our president he can toy away with so many lifes and not feel any regrets.

Our loves one in the middle east are at his mercy and so all of us regular American people.

How sad.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
A classic case of transference.

Exactly. He just made his war about a bunch of teenagers everybody already feels sorry for.

Tried to anyway. I'm not falling for it. This war isn't unpopular because of bad marketing. It had incredible marketing, it's just a bad war.

This was really a bottom of the barrel last ditch appeal on his part to regain that fresh 9/11 scent he hypnotized us with to sell the thing. He even called it World War III tonight.

Pathetic. :shk:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm on a Navy Base on Diego Garcia. I turned on the military channel, and Brit Hume is commenting on it! They are showing FOX's feed!
Thanks goodness this is a British Island and I was able to catch it on SKY News.
I was flipping between the two, listening to the commentary, wow. What a difference!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This was really a bottom of the barrel last ditch appeal on his part to regain that fresh 9/11 scent he hypnotized us with to sell the thing. He even called it World War III tonight.

I think he was quoting Bin Laden when he called it the third world war but I might be mistaken.

OK, found the quote:

LA Times
Some wonder whether Iraq is a central front in the war on terror. Among the terrorists, there is no debate. Hear the words of Osama Bin Laden: "This Third World War is raging" in Iraq. "The whole world is watching this war." He says it will end in "victory and glory or misery and humiliation."

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am going to be honest with you all, but when I hear Mr. Bush talk about sacrifices and us the American people to help mantain his lies while forgeting what is going on behind the scenes, I want to puke all over.

Even my husband was moving his head side to side while he was giving his speech.

Incredible when a president has to ask the people to go alone with his lies.

I wonder if Mr. Bush is just becoming desperate.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I think he was quoting Bin Laden when he called it the third world war but I might be mistaken.

OK, found the quote:

LA Times
Some wonder whether Iraq is a central front in the war on terror. Among the terrorists, there is no debate. Hear the words of Osama Bin Laden: "This Third World War is raging" in Iraq. "The whole world is watching this war." He says it will end in "victory and glory or misery and humiliation."

He was.
Just reminding us all that the big one that got away is still at large.

What a miserable failure.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I am going to be honest with you all, but when I hear Mr. Bush talk about sacrifices and us the American people to help mantain his lies while forgeting what is going on behind the scenes, I want to puke all over.

Thats just the thing no one knows for "Fact" whats going on behind the scenes, and even if they did war is grim people die things happen.

I thought his speech was honest and sincere and knew as soon as i watched it his critics would be all over it finding stupid things to nid-pick at give the man some credit.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Marg, I'm a conservative and I agree with you there!

Bush just sickens me, absolutely SICKENS me!
From what I've heard, he's gone to NOT A SINGLE funeral for any of these soldiers!

I have a step-nephew (husband's brother's stepson) in Iraq. I can tell you, his mother constantly worries about him!

This war is unconstitutional. Bush, first off, had NO RIGHT going to war without Congress declaring it. Furthermore, we need to worry about our OWN nation first and foremost! George Washington warned about getting entangled in foreign affairs like we are now.

Another thing--DEMOCRACY is mob-rule. We are a REPUBLIC. Or we're supposed to be (though the word dictatorship comes to mind here).

I'm an isolationist, which is not bad at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Exactly. He just made his war about a bunch of teenagers everybody already feels sorry for.

Tried to anyway. I'm not falling for it. This war isn't unpopular because of bad marketing. It had incredible marketing, it's just a bad
I am not an American, but I have not only U.S naturalized family throughout the US but numerous friends of all political persuasions as well, who have some stake in this president's politics, whether it is their children in Iraq; their social security, or their job security. It truly hurts me how they are torn between the fruit of their loins and their ingrained patriotism, where both are pitted against each other by Bush. That is about as best as I can describe, because I feel helpless.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This website (if it ever gets operational) is actually informative.

I didn't know the Defense Dept. had IRAQ WAR SPONSORS!

Well aside from my taxes.

War. I'm loving it.

Is this suposed to make me feel better about the war? Reminding me that our troops are so young they read Marvel comic books and watch professional wrestling?

Yup. Racing, country music and freedom fries. That's what they're dying for.

And to give the Iraqis the freedom to ban things different than them... just like homogenous America.

link   

Originally posted by curme
I'm on a Navy Base on Diego Garcia. I turned on the military channel, and Brit Hume is commenting on it! They are showing FOX's feed!
Thanks goodness this is a British Island and I was able to catch it on SKY News.
I was flipping between the two, listening to the commentary, wow. What a difference!

Wow.. Diego Garcia. I've always been curious to see what that place is like. I have a fascination with remote military islands I think ever since reading "The Terminal Beach" by JG Ballard....

Have you heard the U.N.'s allegation about prisoners there? Wondering what you thought about that. Probably a stupid thing to ask, but I don't meet too many people who are in the BIOT

Yeah, I grew up in the UK mostly, and the difference is remarkable (not just in news too, watching U.S. sports with British commentators is a trip). I think I prefer the British commentary... they seem less like B-movie actors and snake-oil salesmen and a little more cynical, which I like in my news. Not to say that SKY or even the BBC are above bias though.

-koji K.

link   
Patriotism is not the same as supporting foreign incursion and military aggression.

Patriotism can be about deposing people who have commandeered your country and who are directing it away from the core values on which it was founded.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Those sponsors are the people who actually get off their butt and actually show their support for the troops by providing them with all the little extra things, that let them know people actually care about them.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I proudly contribute, amongst other things, to the Wounded Warrior Project and the ACLU. Support our troops and our country.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Patriotism is not the same as supporting foreign incursion and military aggression.

Patriotism can be about deposing people who have commandeered your country and who are directing it away from the core values on which it was founded.

Well said. I honesty feel sorry for the troops and even though I'm not an American I hope for their safe return. However having such an imbecile at the helm as Americans you must feel that hope is dwindling. The numbers mount every day yet what is there to show ? Pathetic.

brill

[edit on 28-6-2005 by brill]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
iksmodnad

Nobody is arguing with you or bashing your patriotism we all having opinions on how we feel about the Mr. Bush and his war.

So don't take any of this coments personaly you are not Mr. Bush.

My husband served his country for 22 years as a Marine he did his duty and did his service for this nation.

I am opposed to the war in Iraq and what the Administration stand for, and that is my choices.

Amethyst, I think your are the best conservative I have met in a long time,

[edit on 28-6-2005 by marg6043]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join