It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellfire missiles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
Well, its the milltary food chain in a way infantry-light vehicle-tank-helo etc

One thing that did suprise me however, is how fast the abrams is supposed to be, i always thought the leopard was supposed to be the fastest MBT, trading lesser armour around sides for speed, however, i guess im wrong, still, its got very nice features
shame we've never seen it in combat

leopard II is the fastest tank, the official maximum speed is far below of the real maximum, as they didnt change it since the LeopardIIA1 version in the stats, when it was much lower than now..

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
ahhh, cheers for that
i heard it, but when i looked up official statistics, they appeared the same, well, goes to show official data isnt always 100 percent truthful.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
who cares if its fast, the Leopard 2 A5/A6 has the most armor of all.

Mods can you do somehting about this dumb russiankid who talks about everything BUT the actual topic! damn fool he is.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
so it has a lot ov armor and its fast? ... can the missle lock on the target???

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
so it has a lot ov armor and its fast? ... can the missle lock on the target???

Yes it can.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
... i have a feeling that that question was stupid... dont all missles lock on these days??

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yes it is and so are you!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How do you expect him to learn these things if he doesn't ask? And don't tell me EVERY person that posts to EVERY thread is on topic, or asking about what the thread is about. It started out about Hellfires, then if the Hellfire can penetrate , then what carries it, etc It all ties in with the Hellfire.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Back to the original thread, here are videos which demonstrate the power of the Hellfire HE warhead.

www.lockheedmartin.com...

And a video of a Hellfire being used from a UAV

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
How do you expect him to learn these things if he doesn't ask? And don't tell me EVERY person that posts to EVERY thread is on topic, or asking about what the thread is about. It started out about Hellfires, then if the Hellfire can penetrate , then what carries it, etc It all ties in with the Hellfire.

Read a book. Type "Hellfire" in Google.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That first video is a beautiful example of a shaped charge in action. And of the accuracy of the Hellfires. I'd like to see the Thermobaric Hellfire in action. Anything that gives the thing the punch of a 2000 pound bomb can't be all bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And I thought one point of these forums was to learn about how different weapon systems work. All of his questions have been pertinent to the topic, and to learn how the systems work.

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 187onu
who cares if its fast, the Leopard 2 A5/A6 has the most armor of all.

Mods can you do somehting about this dumb russiankid who talks about everything BUT the actual topic! damn fool he is.

Its got the most armour of all?! how ignorant can you get, its officialy recoreded that the challenger 2 is the most heavily armoured tank in the world!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

above thread is all the proof you need really

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
look, the chally 2 has 1700 the german has 1800-2000, would you like a calculator?

I asked specific questions and he starts talking about everything but the topic, let him open one himself and ask all the questions he wants!
when other people talk beside the topic mods say something right? conclusion: he should have said something!
I didnt' ask how the system works, simply only how much armor it penatrades, none of his questions have anything to do with this, thats why he should open his own!

VERY SIMPLE!

dont spam my topic with bull#!

[edit on 1-7-2005 by 187onu]

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And have you looked at any single other topic? they move off topic to a certain extent, as long as its relevant to another comment, dont get all superior on me, your the one who made the Leopard is superior to Challenger 2 comment anyway, and besides, some evidence to your alleged comment? i provided a link to mine, id be more then happy if you could provide some to yours, or would you like to be branded a lier hmm?

members.tripod.com...

indeed, fancy that...a great little website providing tank protection details, it specifically states how the challenger is indeed more protected in some areas more so then others, percifically the turret and areas on the glascis, unlike what you seem to be stating, now your link please, if you will

[edit on 1-7-2005 by M6D]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by M6D]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am superior in this converstation.

in my tank topic, the source is the expert KOZZY!
you were around in that topic so you should have remembered, loss of memory my friend?

he only goes off topic, stick to the question at hand! but he said it himself, he is stupid!

it even says on your own page

german "Turret: 1730-1960"
chally "Turret: 1450-1700"

dont shoot yourself in the foot again
!

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My god! not only are you ignorant enough only to use one source, out of two types of warhead penetration values, you only use the turret value! you trully are a one sided moron!
your using one figure value to set it to make it look like your in the right! your unbelieveable!

here: look at this and dont try and pull that again, the two types of protection that it values are vs KE (mm)(1), and vs CE (mm)(1)

you percifically only named the value for vs CE (mm)(1)
, totally ignoring KE to suit your own argument, it even states that vs KE
Turret: 850-930 for the german leopard A6
Turret: 920-960 for the challenger 2

you want more?

Glacis: 620 on the leopard A6
Glacis: 660 for challenger 2

vs CE the leopard only has one foot up, and thats on turret value, on all other values its in fact LESSER

as proven by:

(ratings taken from A5 as A6 non available)

Glacis:750 for leopard A5
Glacis:1000 for challenger 2

and now lower hull armour:

Lower front hull:750 for leopard A5
Lower front hull: 860 for challenger 2

face the facts, cheat, you only used one value, because all the others beat your argument hands down, the leopard may have superior armour, BUT ONLY IN TURRET, and still then only against the CE rating!
the challenger wins in armour in every other catogory, and rating!
now stop cheating, stop twisting, and admit your wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
dumb #.

I do have another, but of course YOUR #ty source doens't show the tank that I wanted in the first place so i used the older one!

the lower hull has more! and the others have a little less, just 40, but I had the CE, damn your foot must hurt real bad now! ask mommi to kiss it!

besides Kozzy said it had 1800 KE which it does. fight him if you will!
and I have way more CE then your tank at the turret.
you only have 1700KE so.......once again would you like a calculator?

take care of that foot, it might need a medic, actually it does for sure

dont reach russiankid's level will ya?!

btw your the one with one source. and it seems like it is outdated. it doesn't have the A6.

but don't get all beefed up, its just a topic.

lets go off topic even further for a second:
how much armor do the 120mm and 125mm guns penatrade? do you happen to know the answere?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is getting way out of hand. Stick with the topic, stop the insults, or don't post anything at all. It's really that simple.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
we're just having fun a little bit. dont worry about it!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join