It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Kong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.movieweb.com...

u can click on wat size of the trailer u want, its quicktime. awesome trailer i think its going to be the best king kong movie. im glad Peter Jackson directed this movie.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
of course my favorite actor and music man is probably going to die in the 1st half (jack black) but it looks awsome ive seen somthing on tv about it. looks awsome. one movie im going to see

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436
of course my favorite actor and music man is probably going to die in the 1st half (jack black)

What? You don't know Carl Denham's story? Never seen the original? Of course he doesn't die.

I thought there was consideration being given to calling this "Peter Jackson's King Kong", but that was only in reference to the video game.

The trailer is awesome, they have thrown a lot of the SFX in to give people a reason to see it. As an adventure movie this develops the 30s original in a fantastic way and craps on the lame 80s remake. And it introduces real live Wetas to a global audience.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Whats a Wetas? Also, aren't you suppose to be in it Masked Avatar? Thought you said it in this thread, but not the right one, gonna look for it, maybe, busy doing things while on BTS.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by Jestaman

Whats a Wetas?

It's the plural of Weta of course. Watch the trailer for Jack Black doing a hammed up job pretending to fight them. It's also the name of Jackson's FX studio.

Also, aren't you suppose to be in it Masked Avatar?

The film, not the trailer. I am not Jack Black or Adrian Brody or Colin Hanks. In the film, if you knew what I looked like, then you would say "That's him". But you don't, LOL.

There are no mechanical gorilla arms or giant heads. It's all digital.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
There are no mechanical gorilla arms or giant heads. It's all digital.

I does look VERY good. Here are some teaser pix.

From here: aintitcool.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How do we know? You could be Jack Black.

Also, no mech T-Rex? Hell, the one in the Jurrassic Park Series was so powerful it could crush cars. Or the Mech Spinosaur in the third movie was so powerful it tore the head off the Mech T-Rex.(Thankfully they didn't need it anymore for the movie)

And it looked so real! It was so cool.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I solemnly swear that I am not Black, Brody, Hanks (as mentioned before) or Naomi Watts.

Did you know that in the original King Kong the image of Kong was handpainted onto every frame of film in which he appeared? Digitizing is truer to the original animation form than mechanizing!

top topics

join