childhood "vaccinations"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
Yeah, I'm a girl, so why do you say that, what's it got to do with being pregnant?

This is what I mean about educating ourselves before we make decisions like this, yanno?

Rubella can severely harm a fetus; the damage to the fetus is invariably more severe than to the mother (in whom it's actually generally quite mild).

There's more info here

When rubella occurs in a pregnant woman, it may cause congenital rubella syndrome, with potentially devastating consequences for the developing fetus. Children who are infected with rubella before birth are at risk for growth retardation; mental retardation; malformations of the heart and eyes; deafness; and liver, spleen, and bone marrow problems.

It's usually a shot you get at school around the age of 14.

But it can be given later.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
It's usually a shot you get at school around the age of 14.

But it can be given later.

Where are you guys talking about that they do shots in school? None of my schools did that except when my college had a meningitus scare.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was schooled in England....sorry, just figured it would be the same here.

Rubella shots were given at school, around the age of 14.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's completely possible some schools in the US might, my experience tells me schools in the SE Michigan area don't. That isn't saying much given the size of the country, let alone the world.

In my experience, the health department suggested a booster for MMR at the age of 16, my mom made me go in with her but when I mentioned it to friends of mine they acted surprised and I don't know of anybody else actually getting the booster shot.
According to my OB/Gyn, it's not uncommon for women to become pregnant when it has been more than 10 years from their last booster, meaning their immunity to Rubella in most cases isn't actually strong enough to fight anything off anyways. That is one of those vaccines that has a rather short limitation on it's effectiveness.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Apparently all 50 states have laws requiring rubella vaccination for school-children.

Article here

Rubella vaccination actually offers lifelong immunity for the most part; it's not one of the "short lived protection" vaccines as a rule.

"After an attack of rubella or vaccination against rubella most mothers are protected against the disease for their whole life" (from same link as above, and info is repeated amongst various UK and international sources too).

(That's not to say reinfection can't occur - it can. But it's not common)

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
>'The movement by some misguided people to refuse vaccinations not only puts them at risk, it puts the rest of us at risk also by creating a breeding ground for new and more virulent forms of disease that are not prevented by vaccinations.'

This comment (and the 'theory') is quite amusing.

What it's really about is the fact that contrary to the marketing glossies is that even innoculations that don't hammer peoples immune systems don't immunize to the degree that the vaunted priests of immunization would like to pretend.

The fact that detractors point this out has never really gotten any real traction with innoculation defenders or more importantly the public...

This theory about creating resistant bugs is more about when people finally catch on that innoculations don't work as advertised...

Why did all of us catch the very disease we were immunized against? Ah... Well... You see... The disease... ah... mutated... Yeah, THAT'S it! It mutated! And it's all the FAULT of those misguided, irresponsible, anti-social, fringe group nutjob idiots!!!

They did this to us!

Kind of annoying when people see you hiding behind the curtains working those levers, eh Howard?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why did all of us catch the very disease we were immunized against? Ah... Well... You see... The disease... ah... mutated... Yeah, THAT'S it! It mutated! And it's all the FAULT of those misguided, irresponsible, anti-social, fringe group nutjob idiots!!!

Ah, someone hasn't done their biology homework. (Which disease, incidentally, have we all caught after we've all being immunized against it?)

Try this:

"Some viruses mutate and evolve more rapidly than others. Human disease viruses that have a high mutation rate are hard to control - in this high mutation rate category are the flu viruses and the HIV virus. The smallpox virus and polio virus have a low mutation rate and we have been able to almost totally eliminate these"

Information is your friend. Specially when it's actually backed up by decades of science.

More on viruses, bacteria and other fun things

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
>'Ah, someone hasn't done their biology homework. (Which disease, incidentally, have we all caught after we've all being immunized against it?)'

Classic redirection. No denial. No approval.

So, Tinkleflower, in that little medical fantasy world of yours innoculations are 100% effective, no one ever has any adverse effects AND no one EVER gets the very disease they were innoculated against...

The ONLY response to such zealousness that's appropriate is to just let you keep living in that little fantasy world of yours.

Such 'information' and 'decades of science' kind of reminds me of another oldie, but a goodie...

Those guys that were pushing the concept of using pig body parts for human transplants... cuz after all, they are in reality quite close to us biologically and there are no on the record cases of cross-species contamination.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by golemina]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
So, Tinkleflower, in that little medical fantasy world of yours innoculations are 100% effective, no one ever has any adverse effects AND no one EVER gets the very disease they were innoculated against...

Wow, way to not read a thread....you've outdone yourself there, my friend!

I don't believe anyone here has ever said a) immunizations are 100% effective, and/or b) there are never any adverse events.

The ONLY response to such zealousness that's appropriate is to just let keep living in that little fantasy world of yours.

You really undermine yourself when you resort to this

Tell you what. Instead of posting the same hyperbole over, and over, and over again..., how about you come up with something to prove your points?

Let me reiterate.

Nobody has claimed that immunizations are either 100% effective all the time, and/or there are never any side effects.

So other than seemingly trying to bait, what was your last post about again?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My kids had thier vaccinations however I do know of two cases where babies have been brain damaged by them. One is a friend of the family. This little girl is about 7 now and will suffer siezures daily for the rest of her life which Doctors are saying will be short. Just at Christmas time she continued over a three week period to have continual seizures and they almost lost her. She has to be fed with a feeding tube. Due to this incident the family has converted to homeopathic resourses for most of thier illness and prevetion mostly in addition to not immunizing other children in the family. The schools have waivers but you have to ask for them. They do not tell you it is an option to enroll your children without the immunizations but it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristyZ
My kids had thier vaccinations however I do know of two cases where babies have been brain damaged by them. One is a friend of the family. This little girl is about 7 now and will suffer siezures daily for the rest of her life which Doctors are saying will be short.

That's really tragic, Christy

I do feel for your friend and her family.

Sadly even our safest medicines (and herbal supplements, and/or other holistic treatments) can cause devastating side effects.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think the main problem is that we plunge into new discoveries without a full grasp of the consequences. This happens all the time in the scientific field. Usually, we do not find the nasty side effects of some amazing discovery until it's become regular and widespread among the public. We're really stupid that way. I've always been glad I skipped out on shots. And having a little foresight in this country and doing something out of the ordinary like that can really cause problems and sometimes legal hassles. It's rediculous. I'm not against immunizing against something that's a present day REAL threat. I mean, the reason they first started doing immunizations was for darn good reasons, diseases that were happening all the time, but now they give you shots for things that are rare and that's just stupid.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a theory on vaccinations....What I have come to realise in the world we live in is that the billions of the masses are being controlled and manipulated constantly throughout their lives by the few in the Elite. The Elite own all the big industries, Power, Water, Communications, Media, Food, etc. They are constantly feeding us information throughout our lives to manipulate every scenario...the main aim of these corporate institutions is to control the masses and make our lives such a struggle that we are so wrapped up in our own problems that we never see the bigger picture. We simply work like cattle throughout our lives whilst earning as little as possible and then die. The corporations are continually looking to impose new legislations and taxes, payments etc...they want the wages in our pockets to be worth as little as possible. Its a constant fight for them to tilt the equation (Man Hours - Wages - Disposable income).

I believe the Vaccination Program that is constantly bombarded on our children is one method that the world Elite use to enable them to control the Masses. They do it whilst they are Infants and not able to think for themselves. They Play on the love of their Parents and impose guilt on them that if they are not Vaccinated and the child picks up one or more of these diseases then the parent is at fault. The Parent then out of love of their child goes along with the Vaccinations. Babies are born with young immune systems that gradually grows stronger with time. It is being tested constantly every minute of every day and is continually developing and adapting to the world around them. They also inherit viral immunity from their parents which also grows and adapts to the environment. Most viruses and germs enter the body via the mouth or nose. We all have very powerful defences in these areas.

I believe that infants are vaccinated via Injections because it introduces the content directly to the blood stream so that it bypasses the defences in the mouth and nose.

I believe the reasons for these vaccinations is to firstly stop the children of the masses developing their full cognitive potential..(therefore making them more receptive to control and manipulation and to remove desire to want or aspire to be more than they are intended to be). Secondly, I believe that these vaccinations actually damage the young immune system..(so that it never gains its full strength and therefore the child, adult will then become a consumer of the various drugs (marketed by the elite owned Pharmaceutical companies) whenever they pick up the bugs that are being constantly created and released on us all. a consumer for life! Which once again is part of the (man hours-wages-disposable income) equation!...

The aim is to create products for us all that we will need on a daily basis, that costs a minimum to create but expensive to consume!...

Look at Cigarettes and Alcohol!....They cost little to make, are highly Taxed.....are addictive...and kill us!......

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deaf fences hit

sure is strange that all of these vaccination deniers are people who do not have a PhD or any advanced education on the subject matter.

They read it on the Internet... or got fantastic intellectual advice from Jenny McCarthy.

edit on 12/15/1985 by DoormanDiaries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

DoormanDiaries
reply to post by deaf fences hit

sure is strange that all of these vaccination deniers are people who do not have a PhD or any advanced education on the subject matter.

They read it on the Internet... or got fantastic intellectual advice from Jenny McCarthy.

edit on 12/15/1985 by DoormanDiaries because: (no reason given)

or some could have seen it 1st hand... Then again, life exp dont mean crap right?

And why post on something 300 yrs ago?
edit on 3/19/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

cosmic fury
My girl has a 9 month year old daughter whose already been introduced to half her vaccinations, if you can call them that. In the next few days she's scheduled to get more. The mother of the 9mnth yr old is only 16 and her mother will be taking her to the appointment. I'm trying to convince her that it is not illegal to refuse these shots, that it is only useful for trying to get a child into the public school system. I don't think she's talked with her own mother about my opinion yet, but I know when the cats out of the bag, I'm going to get opposition from every angle, doctor, mother, siblings, etc. If not because their nature is to believe a doctor over an 18 yr old high school grad of '05, but also simply in spite of me because they're not happy with me or any of their daughter's other decisions; ya know, after having a kid under aged and all...difference is unlike them, I care with unconditional love, so...

First, the public school system is ridiculous in itself, along with the irrelevant requirement of immunization records needed for acceptance into these schools.

I've read hundreds of articles on thimersal and I know all about that, I simply need evidence or an article proving or at least showing that this mercury based preservative is still being used in these vaccinations, because doctors these days have made the widespread belief that they're not. I'd like the names of the very vaccinations that contain thimersal and their make up and how I can show it to a doctor's face, if possible, otherwise I'm just looking for a well written article of some kind.

I dunnot believe that the mother's doctor is conspiring or even aware of the harm done by childhood vaccinations. I believe that doctor's know what their schooling teaches them, and naturally when one questions their authority on the matter they raise their "well I'm the one who has a degree" attitude. The medical schools themselves don't even know what they're teaching anymore. Could anyone provide an article on this topic as well maybe?

Also, beyond thimersal, what other vaccinations contain harmful effects? It is simply just not natural to say that an infant HAS to get the immunizations. Aren't we born with an immune system? Who the heck said, and when and WHY, did they begin to say that all children must go through this crap, especially, who has the right to say what a child needs in a society that has lost itself so badly that it thinks of war as a necessity? In a society that ignores its own youth, and no wonder it runs rampit, with drugs and premarrital sex. In a society with such refined food that causes an overproduction of hormones in children and growing teens. In a society that #s, sleeps, eats, and baths and throws its trash all in the same place. Where the Department of Defense has the largest corporate budget than any other, while completely ignoring the cries of the medical system and education system.

Its not natural. It harms the brain, these shots. Shuts off part of the mind, kills the imagination, has a docile effect, just like our flouridated drinking water. Stunts development in infants. Can someone help me with artcles on these issues, thimersal and other vaccines, to help convince these people who think so arrogantly that they're COMPLETELY right and sure, that in actually no one is sure? Or that at least the medical profession should not be trusted to its word, because it itself trusts in its own word which isn't even true fact!?

whatever the case, I appreciate all the help I can get and I'll be around on these boards for favors in return.

Thanks

Instead of asking questions on a conspiracy forum speak to a real paediatrician about it.
Your distrust and fear of vaccines seems to be based upon very out-dated conspiracies and not on real facts.
There's no arrogance in what medicine says about vaccines, just science and this science can be tested and re-tested (which it has been countless times).

Here's an open letter from a paediatrician to those in opposition of vaccines (especially those who have gleaned their "knowledge" from Google).

"Dear Anti-vaxxer,

You've asked on other threads whether or not us pro-vaxxers would be able to empathize and see things from your point of view.
I'll ask the same of you.

Imagine that you've spent 6 + years of your life studying your ass off so that you can understand the mere basics of biology, chemistry, physiology, pathology, immunology, pharmacology, etc. Because you'd like to be a nurse or a physician. And these are the things you need to know to do your job.

Imagine that through your years of scientific training, frequently studying the available evidence, and relying on the educated opinions of those who are MORE educated than yourself on the matter that you have come to the conclusion that the overwhelming majority of the biomed has come to: that vaccines are safe and effective.

Imagine that while in the course of doing your daily job, you see people who are immunocompromised or unvaccinated become incredibly ill or die of vaccine-preventable diseases and their resulting complications.

Imagine that you then learn that there is a group of people who INTENTIONALLY refuse to vaccinate their kids. Imagine your shock and dismay upon learning this. Imagine trying to engage these people, to find out why they refuse to use what is arguably the greatest innovation of modern medicine.

Imagine that when you engage these people, you hear some arguments that - initially - make you think about vaccination in a different light. They tell you vaccines are poison. They aren't as effective as you are lead to believe. That the government and big pharma only push them for profits. That they aren't actually tested for safety. That these vaccines are responsible for causing a myriad of devastating cognitive issues. They're KILLING KIDS. And you begin to become concerned.

But, at the same time, these people are saying things that you - as a medical professional - know to be untrue. There's people talking about injecting vaccines directly into the bloodstream when you know that they're not given intravenous. There's people saying that there are over 50 different vaccines - when you know that they simply give multiple doses of the same ones. There's people saying bypass the immune system - when you know that they activate the adaptive immune system in order to confer immunity.

So, you think to yourself "if they're wrong about these basic things, are they wrong about these other claims too?"

Imagine that you spend a great deal of your spare time looking into the original claims that first concerned you.
You learn that the "toxins" in vaccines are present in our daily environment in much larger quantities than any vaccine.
You learn that while the pertussis vaccine is waning is effectiveness (75% +), all other vaccines are extremely effective in preventing disease.
You learn that the cost to treat the disease is much much higher than it is to prevent it with a vaccine. And that if pharmaceutical companies really were keen to make as much money off of you as possible, they'd LET you get measles.
You learn that vaccines are thoroughly tested before release, each batch is tested and that their safety and effectiveness is constantly re-evaluated. You read about the switch from whole cell to acellular pertussis vaccine - which lowered the effectiveness but upped the safety.
You learn that a myriad of scientific studies from all over the world provide evidence of no correlation between vaccines and ASD. You learn how the changes to the DSM combined with increased awareness of ASD has contributed to an artificially higher rate of ASD. You read about the heritability of ASD and some of the commonly correlated environmental factors (such as maternal obesity and diabetes).

Imagine that you learn all these things. Imagine that not only can you read all these things, but that your medical training allows you to understand and evaluate claims in a way that laypeople cannot.

Imagine that you happily return to these people who had you so concerned. And you're happy to explain to them how it's okay, and they don't have to be afraid of vaccines - and you can answer all of their concerns and questions.

Imagine that when you do answer them, they ignore you. Or they insist that you must be a shill for a pharmaceutical company. Or an idiot. Or a mindless automaton who is incapable of making up their own minds. Imagine that instead of these people being - as you had originally hoped - relieved and grateful that they didn't have to worry about vaccines anymore, angry and irate that you would dare to contradict them.

Imagine you have to keep dealing with the same mistruths over and over and over. Imagine that you have to explain to people over and over that there is more formaldehyde in an apple than a vaccine. Imagine that you provide people with 20+ studies showing no correlation between ASD and vaccines - and they ignore them.

Imagine that these people start trying to find out where you work. Imagine they send you threatening emails and facebook messages. Imagine that they make up photoshopped pictures just to make fun of you. Imagine that they mass report comments you make to get you banned from facebook. Imagine.

From my point of view, you are intentionally endangering the lives of your loved ones.
And my job is to take care of those loved ones for you."

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Well said.

Do these anti-vaxxers who declare themselves to be more informed than the entire healthcare and academic community tell pilots how to fly their airliners when they catch a flight? "Excuse me Mr Pilot, I graduated from the university of Google, I know what I'm talking about!".

Do they stop engineers building a large suspension bridge and say "I've read on the internet that you're doing it wrong so I know what I'm talking about, you should do it like this"?

Do they dictate to their surgeon how to perform their operations?

Do they harass the chipset designers Intel and tell them that all their knowledge is wrong and they're nothing more than mindless, spoon-fed drones and that they should design CPU architectures this way?

Do they tell NASA that their math is wrong and that they should be using these equations and designs to put a Rover on Mars?

No. But suddenly they think reading a few articles from Natural News qualifies them to have an informed opinion on very complex issues they consistently demonstrate a profound ignorance of.

Call it the Arrogance of Ignorance, call it Motivated Reasoning, call it the Dunning-Kruger effect, whatever you call it the hubris is breath taking.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join