It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Larry Silverstein?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Considering myself a savvy researcher, I tried to get a biography of Larry Silverstein, leaseholder of WTC towers 1 & 2 and apparently owner of #7.

I Googled his name, of course, along with "biography" and got not much at all.

I had a few questions about what he was doing, and who exactly he was and is, especially BEFORE 2001.

Google's daterange syntax is not working.
www.google.com...

And questions such as, how does the leaseholder and not the owner get all the insurance money? Technically, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey were the OWNERS, and Silverstein had a 99 year lease...

As I know others on this site are excellent researchers, can we find out, going back BEFORE 9-11, WHO IS LARRY SILVERSTEIN?

[edit on 6/28/2005 by Noumenon]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
found a profile page on him here Silverstein properties website maybe this info can help.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
just use his full name, and you'll get tons of stuff

www.silversteinproperties.com...

Mr. Silverstein, 71, is married with three children, two of whom are executives of Silverstein Properties. He is a classical music enthusiast, a passionate yachtsman and dedicated New Yorker.

"questions such as, how does the leaseholder and not the owner get all the insurance money? Technically, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey were the OWNERS, and Silverstein had a 99 year lease... "

I's assume the lease stipulated the leaseholder purchase and maintain the policy. They probably thought they'd never make a claim

interesting side note, he is trying to collect on two "events" not one.....from that fateful morning

[edit on 28-6-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.betweenthebricks.com...
nov 2000
World Trade Center:

The Port Authority is culling bids. Charles Bagli reported in The New York Times that Silverstein Properties, Vornado, Boston Properties and Brookfield Properties are left standing. "Who in their right mind would bid for the World Trade Center?," quipped Larry Silverstein with a sly grin to his NYU Real Estate Institute Class, the day that appeared.

- We've now learned that Silverstein, not known for his agressive bids, does know the Port Authority through his ownership of 7 World Trade Center. He knows how they think, what they need and above all, how to make it work for all. Thus, he's now the leader in that race.

money.cnn.com...

www.openair.org...
not much, but something...

newyorkmetro.com...
A bio fit for the general public - dated recently - from
newyorkmetro.com...
"There was another reason to marginalize Silverstein—he and Pataki weren’t exactly friends. It didn’t help that he supported Mario Cuomo in the 1994 election that had brought Pataki into office. It also didn’t help that Silverstein was pushy. “Generally speaking, everybody found him impossible and full of #,” says one lawyer close to the interaction between the governor and Silverstein, adding that LMDC president Kevin Rampe, then–Port Authority chief Joe Seymour, and Pataki chief of staff John Cahill “all hated him.” Rampe denies this, Seymour declined to comment, and Cahill, with a noticeable lack of warmth, says, “Larry’s a very ambitious, aggressive developer. And that’s why he’s been successful.”

(I still want to know why daterange is broken!)

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
whats the point ? you don't get to lease WTC 1,2,7, if you are a shy wallflower.

Are you getting at he was in on the 9/11 thing, was out in a position to allow "bombs in the building" ???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A lot of the conspiracy theories invoke the guy's name, no doubt about that. And from EVERYTHING I have read so far, he seems to be a sort of a sweetheart of a dude, a private family guy who's just a hard charging real estate whiz. Perhaps a supporter of the arts, etc.

I just realized that nothing I could ever read about 'who the guy is' went back much further than 2001.

Anyone who tries to research him will get a few internet hits on some rabid anti-semitic sites, and even there they don't savage him too much... just sort of blame him for being in the company of the conspiracy, the usual sort of thing. And a lot of conspiracy sites sort of mention him in passing. I've done a lot of research on his name AFTER 2001, such as his company being involved in the Sears tower thing. I'm not a newbie on this and I must take the stance occasionally that everyone can use Google to find out what has been SAID.

I think the coverage of him as a player, whatever the theory, has been incomplete. Scanty. Not well defined.

And there's always the risk that Larry Silverstein is an innocent man whose life does not deserve to be dissected on Above Top Secret if he is indeed not a conspiracy plotter of any sort at all.

But then again, he did get the billions.

[edit on 6/29/2005 by Noumenon]

[edit on 6/29/2005 by Noumenon]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I ran a google search on Mr. Silverstein. I came up with 62 pages of articles. That oughtta keep you busy for a day or so.

What is your main contention here, Noumenon?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I ran a google search on Mr. Silverstein. I came up with 62 pages of
What is your main contention here, Noumenon?

Apologies. I didn't clearly state my hypothesis:

If, as some say, Silverstein was part of a Conspiracy, and yet, not much is known about him except for Public Relations material posted on the internet AFTER 9/11, then perhaps more could be learned by looking specifically at material about him posted on the internet PRIOR TO 9/11.

And in the midst of trying to do this, one of my favourite search tools, called the "daterange" syntax used in search strings, failed to operate as it usually does. I found myself unable to properly search out ONLY material posted prior to 9/11!

Could be yet another conspiracy, ECK!

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Noumenon]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If, as you contend, there is no public information available on Silverstein prior to 9-11, it could mean something.

Try and find some information prior to. There's go to be something, considering his station.

ECK

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if one of his kids was logged on to ATS right this very minute!

Wouldn't that be funny? "Hey dad, come look at this!"

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I actually know Larry Silverstein and his family, actually him, his wife, his daughter and her kids, and they are very very nice people. They are funny and generous and welcoming. i remember hanging out with his grandson when we were nine. It was fun.

new topics

top topics

join