It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn the Tables - What would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Imagine for a second:

America is a pretty poor country, mostly agrarian. The Middle East states are rich and industrial but don't have our fertile land. They are organized and militarily strong and invade the US. They have declared us a rogue state for whatever reasons, our own American problems and wars, for example. They have stealth bombers and satellites and we have pretty much nothing to stop them.

So, now they are building our government again and making it an Islamic Republic.

Would you join this effort and help rebuild the government?

Would you fight with whatever you had against it?

Would you like people who joined the new American army, under the new Islamic Republic?

What would you do?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't know what I would do. Its hard to imagine life being different from what it is now. At first I would probably be against them, bc I would have no idea what was going on. I would think that they were against us. But then after acts of kindess I would learn differently, and I would join there side.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not much of a thread about terrorism. Maybe a better for place for this elswhere?

[edit on 28-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
But what would JESUS do?

The "corrupt" would join the invading forces and help them. The corrupt would profit from the system and become police of their own citizens. They would play into the new system and run for office and work to convince others the new way is better.

The truely free would attack the invaders. They would fight to the death for what they believe in and do their best to fight those among them that went to the other side. With every family member or friend killed in the name of the new government, the angrier these citizens would be and the harder they would be willing to fight.

What would *I* do? That's hard to say. I've never had my home bombed, friends killed, or city destroyed. I live in my blissful world where the worst thing that happens in my neighborhood is tires getting stolen off someones BMW. Maybe I'd do what I do now - nothing. Go along with the government we have because I have little choice other than voting and making sarcastic comments at the TV whenever the jackarse leading this country is up to try and speak. Don't think for a second that if people disagree here the same thing couldn't happen. They just haven't been so bold as to bomb someone blatantly. Only a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What if......

Pigs had wings?
Cows could talk?
There were pink and blue elephants?
The Moon was made of Green Cheese?
The Earth was Flat?
The Sun orbited the Earth?
The Earth was the center of the Universe?
The Dish run away with the spoon?

This in indictive to the intelligence of the starting post.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
What if......

Pigs had wings?
Cows could talk?
There were pink and blue elephants?
The Moon was made of Green Cheese?
The Earth was Flat?
The Sun orbited the Earth?
The Earth was the center of the Universe?
The Dish run away with the spoon?

This in indictive to the intelligence of the starting post.

What if man could go to the moon?
What if we could transmit sound over distance to talk to each other?
What if we could generate light with electricity?
What if we could link military and school computers worldwide to some sort of database?
What if we used this cool mold against bacteria in the body instead of a dish?
What if we sailed on ships to see the end of the world instead of around the land?

"What if" is a valuable question. It's the what ifs that spark discussion, progress, and innovation. Sometimes it goes somewhere, and sometimes it doesn't. What if you just thought for a few minutes and answered the question instead of insulting the idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
if i had been raped, tortured and oppressed by agents of my gov't, I'd give the islamic dudes a chance.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why is this post still here? First of all, it has nothing to do with terrorism. Secondly, its based on nothing but fancy and imagination.

And the most important reason: Its a just another "hate the USA" thread that make up 90% of the posts here.

This post shouldnt be here.

top topics

join