It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah is God, God is Allah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Its seems, although hotly contested on both sides, that Allah and God are one in the same…

This article states three reasons why:

“Scriptural: The Koran itself in several places insists that its God is the same as the God of Judaism and Christianity. The most direct statement is one in which Muslims are admonished to tell Jews and Christians “We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our God and your God is One, and to Him we do submit” (E.H. Palmer translation of Sura 29:46). Of course, the verse can also be rendered “our Allah and your Allah is One” (as it is in the notorious Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation).

Historical: Chronologically, Islam followed after Judaism and Christianity, but the Koran claims Islam actually preceded the other monotheisms. In Islamic doctrine (Sura 3:67), Abraham was the first Muslim. Moses and Jesus introduced mistakes to the Word of God; Muhammad brought it down perfectly. Islam views Judaism and Christianity as flawed versions of itself, correct on essentials but wrong in important details. This outlook implies that all three faiths share the God of Abraham.

Linguistic: Just as Dieu and Gott are the French and German words for God, so is Allah the Arabic equivalent. In part, this identity of meaning can be seen from cognates: In Hebrew, the word for God is Eloh-im, a cognate of Allah. In Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus, God is Allaha. In the Maltese language, which is unique because it is Arabic-based but spoken by a predominantly Catholic people, God is Alla.”

Its funny, how many millions and millions of people have died throughout history because they didn’t believe in the same God as others? Would'nt it just be ironic if all along it was the same deity just by different names? Man those dead people would feel embarrassed.

People of religion are silly sometimes…Its to bad they kill everybody because of it…

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
actually, it was not Moses and Jesus who muslims believe introduced the mistakes, it was the people who came after them, who hijacked religion to further their personal beliefs.

Interestingly enough, a "Muslim" is someone who "submits to the will of God". So technically, a christian and jew can even be muslim, and a "muslim" is not necessarily a muslim.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
if a muslim coverts to Judaisum, or Christianity in some countries he is setanced to death.

I highly doubt we worship the same God. The origins of our religions show a link to worshiping the same God, but that isn't true anymore when the message is twisted from the truth

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
if a muslim coverts to Judaisum, or Christianity in some countries he is setanced to death.

I highly doubt we worship the same God. The origins of our religions show a link to worshiping the same God, but that isn't true anymore when the message is twisted from the truth

We do worship the same God, it's just that in the times we live in stuff like this happens. Islam and Christianity are nowadays enemies. When Islam first came about they captured countries and allowed the Chirstians and Jews practice their religion without discrimination in them. They found that Christianity and Judaism had many simularities to theirs, especially how it was founded. Mainly, they killed many pagan worshipers that where polytheistic.

[edit on 7/5/2005 by GoldEagle]

[edit on 7/5/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If God and Allah are the same , why on Earth does Islam call for the death of the Jews ?

They are obviously not talking about the same god ..The Biblical GOD calls the Jews His chosen people, Islams calls for the death of the Jewish people... i think thats a big difference...they're not even twins.........

[edit on 5-7-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
yes it can get confusing at times, but technically "God" as u said "Allah and God" are the same is wrong, u meant to say the christian God and Allah are the same. I mean, how can u say God is Allah?

but, u meant to say "the Christian God is Allah" so lets startfrom their... according to who? the Koran? well, I dont no if it actually says that but assuming yer correct I guess u can say yes very good yer right the chtristian God and Allah are the same.

but when in actuallity, the christian God and Allah say two different thuings, contradict themselves, demand didfferent things, and have two different books. so point blank, they are not the same, they are clearly different, cause the one true God does not contradict "himself"

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
THe problem here, is that when people of faith use the word allah or YWEH, or God. it is more then a name, or dirivitive of some old language. It is a symbol and guide of how you should act and live your live, or hope to achive. To me God, YWEH, Allah, all have thier same origins, but they are nor the same 'God'

It is like calling current Republicans, Whigs, or "The bull moose" party

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
allah is not the same god as the Christian God. Thats like saying my sister and i are the same because we both come from the same mom. or like saying that apples and oranges are the same because they both come from trees.

The almighty God and allah might have similar text origins but they bare different fruit.

Just because 2 ideologies sprung up at a certain time period, share a COUPLE of the same books and hold some of the same people in high regard doesnt make them the same. Again they bare different fruit. They teach different things. One is the truth and the other is a distoriton of the truth. or in other peoples opinons like mormons, athiests, wiccans etc..they are both the distortian of the truth. But which side we choose is up for each of us to decide. But they are most definitly not the same. If there is but one difference...they cannot be the same.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
..The Biblical GOD calls the Jews His chosen people, Islams calls for the death of the Jewish people... .

Ok, if that is true, then how come Jews have been persecuted by CHRISTIANS for hundreds of years in every single christian country? A persecution and hatred that culminated in Holocaust. The same Bible has been in existence since the beginings of christianity and ever since then the OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES OF CHURCH have ordered genocides on jews, then later native americans, blacks,etc, etc. Do we now have some other Bible then they used in their time?
The slaugter only stopped after the power was taken away from them and their influence on goverment limited by secular laws.

A few years ago, christian priests in Bosnia have participated in genocide on muslims, they blessed the slaughter of women and children, they blessed land that was cleansed from "dirty" blood, saying God of the Bible wants it that way.
How come there are still christians who go to church every sunday, then come home and go to their neo-nazi meeting to talk about how much they hate Jews?

why on Earth does Islam call for the death of the Jews ?

Islam doesn't do that.
A few people with muslim name do it.
Just like people with christian names call for extermination of all black people, arabs, jews, mexicans... you name it, every minority has someone after them, someone who calls himself religious, go to their respective house of worship and then plan genocide when they come home.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well said.
That is as complete an answer as you can get.

Also, concerning the faith, the muslim is told that christians worship the same god, but in error.

Christians are told in 1John that anyone who denies Jesus is the son of God, and that he rose from the dead, does not have Jesus OR God.

That verse means (from the bible POV) that islam does not follow the God of abraham.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
First of all Jews have not been persecuted in every christian country..no one country is 100% christian..and with that said anyone that would do that isnt really living by christianitys teachings at all...they just use the title.

If you dont want people calling all muslim people terrorists then you shouldnt say that all christians are persecutors.

Its pretty simple people...not all people that call themselves christians are evil, not all people that call themselves muslims are evil, not all people that call themselves jews are evil..etc. It isnt your title that makes you who you are its what you believe in and what you do with that belief that makes you who you are. Just because someone calls themselves a muslim, christian, jew..or whatever doesnt make them one unless that live by the teachings. Judge a man by the fruit he bares..meaning if a christian for example is going around killing jews because they have issues with them for some reason, isnt following christ, and if they arent following christ they arent a christian. Same thing goes with every religion/philosophy. Its really simple.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good like trying to convince the crazy fundamentalists of any of the three faiths of this...

Its true, they all wrship the same god and the same basic rules... its the minor detail that makes some people from all three religions feel they need to hate the others...

its bigotry and all sides do it... its just the civlized west hide it and do it subtly, arabic culture is less subtle so they dont bother hiding it... and the Israelis (representing the Jewish faith indirectly) are not very subtle about their hatred either, you cannot criticize israeil without being antisemetic...

This is why i do not subscribe to any religion... they are all the same and hypocritical...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Its true, they all wrship the same god and the same basic rules... its the minor detail that makes some people from all three religions feel they need to hate the others...

its bigotry and all sides do it...

If the religious book says its false, then how can you say its true?

All sides do it ONLY BECAUSE YOU lump people into the same group with the same title.

Define christian.
It is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.
ie...someone who reads and does them.

Now, find me a christian that hates muslims or jews.

You cant. Not according to Jesus Christ you cant. Only by YOUR standard can this be accomplished.
Im not blaming you. You are calling people by the labels you have been taught. You were taught wrong.

A christian is someone who reads and does the words of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe Allah is a fictictious character, much like the one I had as a little girl.

He was created (this is my opinion) by mohammad so that he could rally people behind his barbaric beliefs...

And now look at the mess he's made...

way to go psycho.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

..The Biblical GOD calls the Jews His chosen people, Islams calls for the death of the Jewish people... .

Ok, if that is true, then how come Jews have been persecuted by CHRISTIANS for hundreds of years in every single christian country? A persecution and hatred that culminated in Holocaust. The same Bible has been in existence since the beginings of christianity and ever since then the OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES OF CHURCH have ordered genocides on jews, then later native americans, blacks,etc, etc. Do we now have some other Bible then they used in their time?
The slaugter only stopped after the power was taken away from them and their influence on goverment limited by secular laws.

Great point ... many racial crimes have been commicted in the name of Jesus Christ, but does the Bible tell us to do so ? NO... its evil people hidding behind it that choose to do it.

Just like the Catholics persecuted the Jews, The Lutheran had great fun in the Whitch hunts and burnings, and Southern Baptist in the Linching of Black people as well as Native americans (well the Catholics wrere more to blame on this case).

Does the Bible or God call for anything of that ?? NO!
Does the Bible or God say thet a black man can only enter in the Baptist Church if they are lighter than the white door ???? NO ! yet that was the "law" up untill the 60's.

Thats the kind of people and denominatins that gives Chirstianity, Jesus Christ, God and The Bible and miserable reputation.

We must learn to separate the honey from the bees.....

A few years ago, christian priests in Bosnia have participated in genocide on muslims, they blessed the slaughter of women and children, they blessed land that was cleansed from "dirty" blood, saying God of the Bible wants it that way.
How come there are still christians who go to church every sunday, then come home and go to their neo-nazi meeting to talk about how much they hate Jews?

They should be in prison !
Im sorry but those people are not Christians, they are criminals hiding behind the Bible, big difference. And this is not my Judgment its the Bibles Judgement...God's chosen people are the Jews. God said he will protect those who protect Israel, Jesus was a Jew, therefore you CAN NOT be a Christian and Persecute Jews... you can claim to be one, but thats a different story. People can claim to be whatever they want, but its their fruits is the proof.
The Bible and Christianity itself have a very bad reputation, due to the actions of people with the wrong intentions that claim to be followers of Christ.

The Bible is very Clear, Follow the commamdemnts, Follow Jesus Christ and Protect Israel and the Choosen people of God (The Jewish people).
You cant have one without the other.

What about the Slaughter of Christian by Muslems going on right now in the Suddan ??
Saddly there are evil deeds donne in the name of all religions. The point of this thread is Is Allah and the Biblcal God the same ??

I say no. they are not.

Allah = Convert or die ....
God= Warned twice and dust your feet...

big difference...

Islam doesn't do that.
A few people with muslim name do it.
Just like people with christian names call for extermination of all black people, arabs, jews, mexicans... you name it, every minority has someone after them, someone who calls himself religious, go to their respective house of worship and then plan genocide when they come home.

there are in the Kuran alone 164 verse that call for the Jihad... Jihad is the Holly War against the infidels, and the Infidels are everyone who does not follow the Kuran.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hey BaastetNoir!
Long time no see! It's wonderful how no matter what's happening in the real world, behaviour on ATS/BTS is always the same.

What about the Slaughter of Christian by Muslems going on right now in the Suddan ??
Saddly there are evil deeds donne in the name of all religions. The point of this thread is Is Allah and the Biblcal God the same ??

And, from the muslim viewpoint (as in WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE QURAN), Allah is the same as the christian God. The QURAN is very clear about that. No one can deny that.

Allah = Convert or die ....
God= Warned twice and dust your feet...

I wonder where you got that idea from. The QURAN says no such thing. The QURAN says the exact opposite. "There is no compulsion in religion". You can't be forced to be muslim.

there are in the Kuran alone 164 verse that call for the Jihad... Jihad is the Holly War against the infidels, and the Infidels are everyone who does not follow the Kuran.

I wonder where you got that number from? 164? That is a very nice exact (and probably blatantly false) number. Jihad doesn't mean "Holly [sic] war" (wouldn't that be fun?). It means "STRUGGLE". Used in the context of the QURAN, it would mean struggle towards the will of God. It CAN mean fighting, or education, or learning, or fasting. Anytime you put a significant effort towards following God, you are doing Jihad.
Now, the QURAN DOES allow the muslims to fight, BUT ONLY when they are being persecuted. There is no other case where fighting is allowed.

It's funny how you go on about how those priests that hide behind the bible to commit murder are not real christians, but when a supposed muslim commits some falsehood, Islam is to blame.

You might be wondering why I keep capitalising the word Quran. It is because, (incase you don't realise), that is the main code of conduct for how a muslim should behave. You can't judge Islam by what the Sudanese are doing, or the Saudi's are doing, or a 9th century king did. Just like those evil priests in Bosnia, who apparently aren't christian, because they are evil, and they don't follow the Bible.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If God and Allah are the same , why on Earth does Islam call for the death of the Jews ?

They are obviously not talking about the same god ..The Biblical GOD calls the Jews His chosen people, Islams calls for the death of the Jewish people... i think thats a big difference...they're not even twins.........

[edit on 5-7-2005 by BaastetNoir]

I can say this, A muslim can not be a muslim If does not respect the people of the book in the muslim believe the Moses and Jesus are gods creation and his prophets and if the Muslim does not except that then he is not a Muslim.

And it is the oposit the Jews want the muslims to be wiped of the earth, and by the. way the only religion in the world who has masacard the Jews 4-5 times is christainity not because they were Jews but because of politics, playing a big role.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Interseptor]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

And, from the muslim viewpoint (as in WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE QURAN), Allah is the same as the christian God. The QURAN is very clear about that. No one can deny that.

In my opinion, that cannot be. The christian God just so happens to be one that the Muslims won't accept as diety. If you don't know who I'm talking about take a wild guess. Thats right the christian God is no more no less than Jesus Christ Himself. And until muslims don't admit that, we don't have anything to say to them. You see, we don't care for "Allah". We care for Jesus Christ. We don't care for the Quran. We care for Jesus Christ. Christendom isn't even about God. Its about Christ. That's why they call us CHRISTIANS. Get it ?

However if muslims want to claim that its the same thing.

Let them, they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Why? Because I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE. No man goeth unto the Father but by ME

You see, its things like those which shall continue to make our faiths incompatible.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisTicaL

In my opinion, that cannot be. The christian God just so happens to be one that the Muslims won't accept as diety.

Whatever your opinion, you cannot dispute the FACTS. The FACTS show that with the muslim viewpoint (the QURAN), what I say is accurate:

42:13
The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them.

We care for Jesus Christ. Christendom isn't even about God. Its about Christ. That's why they call us CHRISTIANS. Get it ?

You can believe what you want, but I doubt other Christians share your viewpoint. Christianity is about Christ, not God? So you say Christ is not God? You are called Christians NOW. Christ never called what he preached Christianity. The early Christians were called Nazorites(?). Christ preached the worship of GOD without all the extra trimmings that Judaism had added. What Christ taught has nothing to do with what you are practicing now. Again, that is from the ISLAMIC viewpoint, the QURAN.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In my opinion, that cannot be. The christian God just so happens to be one that the Muslims won't accept as diety. If you don't know who I'm talking about take a wild guess. Thats right the christian God is no more no less than Jesus Christ Himself. And until muslims don't admit that, we don't have anything to say to them. You see, we don't care for "Allah". We care for Jesus Christ. We don't care for the Quran. We care for Jesus Christ. Christendom isn't even about God. Its about Christ. That's why they call us CHRISTIANS. Get it ?

However if muslims want to claim that its the same thing.

Let them, they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Why? Because I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE. No man goeth unto the Father but by ME

You see, its things like those which shall continue to make our faiths incompatible.

Qustion as you are talking for all the christians in your opinion

right was lord Jesus the Sone of God Yes/No

Did he state the "Father" or "God" is the one he obeys and believes christians should to Yes/No

Could please proof some how that when we go to church that we ask Jesus forgivnese or is it God who we bowing down at.

And dont be negative to the Muslim religion as it has housed the christians the "original christains" for some 1400 years, and stop putting politics in religion is wroung so give it a rest.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Interseptor]

<<   2 >>

join