It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Subliminal Christian Symbols

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
You all realize that the ribbon symbol was not made popular for Christian stickers right?

I do. I hope others do too.

I believe the first ribbons like thos were for Aids support and Breast Cancer support, then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Yep...but I didn't see them on cars until the Iraqi War.

I saw one a little while ago saying "I support beer"

Sad, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A non-Christian to say modern symbols are Christian subliminals
is as
Jerry Falwell saying TinkyWinky is gay.

Don't think this is a defense for anything of Christianity - I'm a proud Pagan.

Just the facts mam.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I dont think its subliminal as much as not understanding the foundation of Christianity.

Astronomy and astrology were far more involved in the daily life of people two thousand years ago, all over the world. The fish symbol referred to the Zodiacal constellation the world was living in, which was Pisces. The fish symbol referred to fertility. The fish symbol referred to many many things, none of which had to do with Jesus. After Jesus died the symbol was used to communicate, no problem. But it was not a Christian symbol.
At some point people that believe the Christian faith will need to come to terms with the foundation and what they have been led to believe. they are not the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The fish symbol is a more recent symbol, not a catholic one.

Perzakly! It's the Christian symbol for being born-again in Christ.

Here's something most Christians appear to forget about:

The Second Commandment:

"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments." (Exodus 20:4-6 RSV)
www.keyway.ca...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

At least Pagans worship something!
They dont worship themselves!
They dont STray from what they worship....be it something that is not acceptable to ME.

You mean you don't believe in the worship of the creator? Pagans believe in one "god" really. It's just that as humans we need to symbolize things....hence the creation of lesser gods (angels). Ever notice that the gods of the pagan religions coincide with the angels of catholicism......coincidence? I think not...I'm not bashing Christianity just pointing out that it is more like paganism than Christians want to believe.

By the way I got your point of what you don't want to believe as the Devil (Satan) etc. Pagans do NOT believe in the devil. Even Satanists do not believe Lucifer is the Christian devil.....I think, haven't studied Luciferianism or satanism myself but I believe that is what I've been told.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
According to the Apostles' teachings, and Jesus's, Satan counts on people not believing in him. It is a great coup.

On another point, I find Catholocism to be quite pagan in ways. Before I get flamed, I have family members who are Catholic. I am not, but live and let live. I'm Southern Baptist, myself. Here's a good quote from Paul:

"Do not pray to an endless chain of saints.."

[edit on 7/2/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I hope people who are not part of the radical religious right don't start becoming hypersensitive and overinterpreting everything the way the radical religious right does.

Sometimes you almost have to counter balance radicalism with radicalism, I would hope, however, that some of those religious radicals will eventually come to their senses, before they have destroyed the very nation they live in.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You want to know how crazy things have gotten? I'm a southern baptist and I think the religious right isn't much different from the Taliban - in what they want to impose on society as a whole. It's not good enough that they have all the freedom in the world to practice their faith unmolested by the state.. they now feel the need to shove their doctrine down every American's throat. I can't blame non-believers at this point, for seeing evangelicals in a hostile light. How can I blame them? Their right to practice no religion is being monkey'd with by the right.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by carpediem
Pagan symbol? where did you get that from?

the fish was a secret symbol the christians used when the catholics baned bible reading, and killed anyone using it! the bible reading christians would meet up in secret, and there only way of telling if someone was a "secret" christian was to draw this fish outline, if the person in question was a "secret" christian, they would put a dot where the fishes eye would be.

As for christmas being pagan
it is the x-mas tree and the decorations that are pagan, not the celebration!

sorry but this is pagan. This symbol was called the YONI . The pointed ovel symbol was a worldwide symbol of the great mother goddess because it represents the external Genitalia of the female. Various symbols have been used thoughout history to represent the source of life energy known as the" YONI"
It was also known as the delta , the Vulva or the female sex organ. because this was the place they seen new life come from. Years before the invention of the male gods of ancient mythology the mother goddess was considered the greatest mystic power of the universe.
The sigh of the Yoni was adored and worshipped as a powerful geometrical symbol, just as the cross was adorned by christians. The Traditional "Two cupped hand prayer" was originally a symbol used by the pagans to represent the great Mother Yoni"

Did you know that the symbol of the sacred Yoni has been one of the original oat bits in "Lucky Charms cereal" since its introduction to the public in the 1960`s. there magically delicious. hehehehe

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Nygdan
The fish symbol is a more recent symbol, not a catholic one.

Perzakly! It's the Christian symbol for being born-again in Christ.

Here's something most Christians appear to forget about:

The Second Commandment:

"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments." (Exodus 20:4-6 RSV)
www.keyway.ca...

could you then explain numbers ch.21 verse 8--9. God had moses make a serpent of Brass and put it on a pole. would this not be considered and Image?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
You mean you don't believe in the worship of the creator? Pagans believe in one "god" really.

Some Pagans believe in one God, others the God & Goddess, yet others believe in many Gods, praying to and being subservient to each per that Gods' facet in the everything. Hence the many sects of Paganism,

======================

Originally posted by slank
I hope people who are not part of the radical religious right don't start becoming hypersensitive and overinterpreting everything the way the radical religious right does.

I like that outlook. Seems the "think like they do" may be a road to BE as they are.

=======================

You want to know how crazy things have gotten? I'm a southern baptist and I think the religious right isn't much different from the Taliban - in what they want to impose on society as a whole.

Not often I agree with you, but I damn sure do on this one.
Don't believe there's anything I can add to it, blunt observations leave little to comliment with.

Curious of you personally tho - if your are Southern Baptist and feel this way, why do you remain as such? If you feel those you associate with religiously have the thought process of tyrannism/pre-tyrannism, don't be a conjoined tyrant.
========================

Misfit

Edit = fix quote names

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

You mean you don't believe in the worship of the creator? Pagans believe in one "god" really.

Some Pagans believe in one God, others the God & Goddess, yet others believe in many Gods, praying to and being subservient to each per that Gods' facet in the everything. Hence the many sects of Paganism,

I see what you're saying misfit...but as far as I'm aware....isn't the god and goddess just two different halfs of the whole (meaning the creator)? If I'm wrong then sorry but any book I've ever read on the subject has this meaning. Hence why I said "one" god....I guess I should have said god/goddess. This is how I feel....I worship the god and goddess but they are two halfs of the whole. The part about many gods is what I was getting at about the lesser gods facets in life coinciding with the many saints and angels that Christians pray to.

As for Christianity, they too have a god and goddess......God/Spirit/Son and mother Mary. Paganism also has these "triple" gods......maiden/mother/crone are all different parts of the whole goddess. Just my 2 cents to clear up what I was trying to say earlier.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I see what you're saying misfit...but as far as I'm aware....isn't the god and goddess just two different halfs of the whole (meaning the creator)?

To me, it rolls to what the practitioner themself believes. Such as myself, I answer to the Goddess. She is the only one I "feel" to be there; I can niether say there is nor is not any other entity. But I do know, that of ones I've carried on with & read, I have witnessed all variables of the possibles, as for what they believe & profess.

As for Christianity, they too have a god and goddess......God/Spirit/Son and mother Mary.

Say that in the churches I was raised in and you'll get thrown out for blaspheanism!! (blasphemy and heathenism wrapped into one) heh.

Just my 2 cents to clear up what I was trying to say earlier.

It's 2005, do you realize what this says about yourself? lolol

Misfit

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

could you then explain numbers ch.21 verse 8--9. God had moses make a serpent of Brass and put it on a pole. would this not be considered and Image?

THAT was symbolism of things to come. Just as when Jesus was 'lifted up' and all who looked and believed were healed eternally ..., so too were those of the OT healed when they looked upon that image after being snake bitten.

They did not bow and worship it. (yet).

Notice that it was during that time, when they came up out of egypt, that they were warned not to follow after the pagan Gods such as astarte, and baal.

Not long after they entered Israel, they whored after astarte, baal, and even started bowing to the serpent pole. There were revivals in those days, and below is a verse from one of them

2Ki 18:4 He removed the high places and broke the pillars and cut down the Asherah. And he broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the people of Israel had made offerings to it (it was called Nehushtan).

Whoever said something about the commandments and symbols is right.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy if you are not meant to see it but exists, do two roads that cross each other conspire towards a belief. Maybe the upside down five pointed star above the white house but its no a conspiracy to have a cross looking symbol, its an adopted symbol because some one run out of ideas or thought this would do people might relate to it. Even so it does not represent evil, but if you start finding evil versions then its different. Christianity has a positive message for people not some conspiracy to kill mankind.

An explanion is the spawn of all religion outside Christianity came from Babylon/Iraq as descibed in the Genesis because the knowledge of God became currupted after man tryed to get to heaven. They produced a building that could have possibly openned the door to angels that once currpted man kind as in Genesis 6. So the spreading of man across the world and spreading across the land created religions into one selfs image and whilst having fragmented spiritual knowledge of angels and God. So other faiths across the world built their origins around that. At least the Bible it gives an explanation why religion is split and where pagans come from.
There is the other argument that Christianity came from Egypt mythology but before Egypt was Babylon that is why we have the Pyramids and ziggarats and similar buildings across south america, asia and China and middle east. That is where all religion started in Babylon. But no one really cares about this so people take these mystey religions origins rather than the explanation in the Bible. In the end its still up to the individual to decide what they find as true in their hearts. But its good to question all things, look out for the world what ever your views.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank you Jake1997 for your in put. maybe i was reading into it much. is this not the medical symbol of today? ( for medicine?)

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Thank you Jake1997 for your in put. maybe i was reading into it much. is this not the medical symbol of today? ( for medicine?)

Yes - you're talking about the sigil of Caduceus, with origins in Mesopotamia, around 2600 BC.

Linky 1

Obligatory Wiki-reference

Hth

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

You want to know how crazy things have gotten? I'm a southern baptist and I think the religious right isn't much different from the Taliban - in what they want to impose on society as a whole.

Curious of you personally tho - if your are Southern Baptist and feel this way, why do you remain as such? If you feel those you associate with religiously have the thought process of tyrannism/pre-tyrannism, don't be a conjoined tyrant.

Good question, Misfit.

I joined Corinth Baptist Church in a South Carolina town and was baptised there when I was a kid. I went to that church growing up. So I'm a member, on the record. I had some great times there with those people and on the trips we used to take.

The first time I ever stepped into the World Trade Center was on a mission trip I took with my youth group. We stayed in Freehold, NJ (Bruce Springsteen's town) and ventured into Manhattan when we could. That was my first trip to New Yawk.

Aside from loving the folks I went to church with, the baptist doctrine suits me best. It's straightforward, and frankly, unapologetic. But not without ample doses of humour and irony.

It makes more sense than any other ology I've ever heard. It's my moral compass. The New Testament of the bible, minus the prophecies, is the best all around advice on how to live life that you can find. The fundamental tenant of it is love one another. How can anything be more simple (and the Lord said man would scoff at that!).

I don't go to church these days. And I'm cool with that. I don't have to show up all present and accounted for in my Sunday's best at church on Sunday or any other day to feel I'm in touch with God.

And I don't agree with the crazy militantism of the religious right. I think they oughtta tend more to their own souls and quit telling everyone what they should do and how they should be.

Just b/c I don't go to church, though, doesn't mean I shouldn't be a baptist.

Just because my fellow Christians are ignorant of what the scriptures say doesn't mean I must bail on my life-long beliefs.

I am a Christian. I know why. The question is, why don't all those who claim to be?

[edit on 7/8/05 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 7/8/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You have mentioned the 'christian taliban' and militant christian' in two posts now.

Could you maybe list a few and quote them for me. I live in NC and havnt seen any militant christians running around forcing bibles into peoples hands at gunpoint. Nor have I seen then pushing women into burkas and forcing them to leave their jobs and go home....and killing them in mass numbers.

I am trying to find out who you are demonizing as taliban is all. When you think of taliban, the soccer stadium comes to mind. Its a pretty strong and ugly title to put on someone.

--

On another subject, when you said the NT, minus the prophecy....
Is that to say that you...or SB , does not believe it? (Revelation and Jesus prophecy in the gospels)? The reason I ask is because the basic reason it was given to us is to help us know how to live our lives. Im not getting on you... Im just a little surprised is all

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by carpediem
Pagan symbol? where did you get that from?

the fish was a secret symbol the christians used when the catholics baned bible reading, and killed anyone using it! the bible reading christians would meet up in secret, and there only way of telling if someone was a "secret" christian was to draw this fish outline, if the person in question was a "secret" christian, they would put a dot where the fishes eye would be.

As for christmas being pagan
it is the x-mas tree and the decorations that are pagan, not the celebration!

Actually the fish was an ancient symbol for the great mother. You can find more info at www.atheists.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join