It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terrorism is a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
if there was a "War On Terrorism" by definition then America should be the only target of this war. No other counrty has caused the amonut of PURE TERROR on this globe end of story.

PS: You have two choices: wake up to this fact, Or stay ignorant

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
terrorism is about. It's about defeating an ideaology which is rampant in totalaltarian societies which will do nothing about it themselves because these countries are controlled by dictatorships. These people are a threat to everyone and their way of life including yours. You've only been lucky to not have been directly affected by these peoples way of thinking. Unfortunately I have.........they tried to drop a building on me.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes, you are correct Sand_man, because there are no suidice bombers in Israel/Lebanon, the Egyptian ambassador was not just kidnapped in Iraq, the IRA was fictional, etc.

IF America should target anyone it should be the French. They have repeatedly harboured men of the likes from Khomenei to Arafat. What good is this doing anyone?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sand_man
if there was a "War On Terrorism" by definition then America should be the only target of this war. No other counrty has caused the amonut of PURE TERROR on this globe end of story.

100% agree, thier is a war going on just not against terrorism

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't like terrorists or terrorism, but for the price of one cruise missle a early warning system could have been provided that would have saved countless #'s of lives in the tsunami.

More people are killed every year by unsanitary conditions than have ever been killed by modern terrorism.

Who should we hate the terrorist or the rich who are thinking of ways to rid the world of the middle class.

Who should we hate those who would spend all our tax money on arms when the world really needs better medical attention, or the insane terrorist who are in need of mental health benefits.

I could go on forever, but I won't.

This terrorism fight is a classic maneuver by the republicans to gain power to steal from the country specificly the middle class.

Don't be fooled.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Seems you have 2 choices as well. Present some facts to back up your theory, or keep getting hammered by members who live for this stuff. If you are going to post a theory, you need to make that known. If you are going to post something as fact, you had better have some facts to back it up. While I do agree that the war on terror is a farce, that doesnt mean others will. You should be attempting to provide facts to sway an opinion.

[edit on 7/10/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Let's see, baseless claims to facts, extremely shallow, no new information or re-examination of old information...why is this even a thread? It's not even worth being a post in a real thread!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"This terrorism fight is a classic maneuver by the republicans to gain power to steal from the country specificly the middle class."

The evidence is everywhere you look. The White House only makes moves that would make sense if they were trying to line the pockets of the rich.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Actually, it is only a joke to some. For people making weapons, bankers, and somebody in politics etc it is a very efficient way of making some real money, hence the flaw in your logic. War on terrorism is a joke for you, not in itself.

On the other hand the war on terror has nothing to do with getting rid of the "bad guys". If you fell for that you should reconsider.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"Actually, it is only a joke to some."

What are you talking about ?

It is a joke the way they carry it out in a most unprofessional manner.

"Shot man not connected to bombing

Police cordoned off a 200-metre area around the station
A man shot dead by police hunting the bombers behind Thursday's London attacks was unconnected to the incidents, police have confirmed. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

This guy was some oriental who probably didn't understand a word of english and normally tried to steal train transport by jumping the thru the gate.

In England petty theft is a death w/o trial offense.

I tell you it has started !!

Your liberties are over. Goose-stepping conservatives are stealing your freedoms. You are guilty till proven innocent and the penalty is death.

Doesn't matter the crime.

[edit on 7/23/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's prudent to assume a one-off event is indicative of a new crime-fighting method.

Not least when it's more than a little obvious that the tragedy was - at least initially - based upon information indicating that the victim was indeed connected to the perpertrators.

That's hardly the same as "In England petty theft is a death w/o trial offense", now is it?

I lived in England for a good 24 years of my life; though it's hardly the bastion of safety and efficacy, it's a bit of a stretch to automatically jump to such conclusions involving goose-stepping and insta-death penalties.

Unless of course you have evidence to support your claims?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm only saying it is a start !

A slide down the slippery slope to the "Police Societies" as you've seen depicted in movies.

Time will tell !

This is a warning !
Beware !

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"based upon information indicating that the victim was indeed connected to the perpertrators"

Would you mind showing me your evidence?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sure
(all emphasis below is mine)

"The man -- whose identity has not been released -- on Friday left a South London apartment building that had been under surveillance as part of the investigation into the attempted bombings Thursday.

Officers followed him to the Stockwell Underground station. The man's "clothing and suspicious behavior at the station added to their suspicions," a police statement said.

He challenged police and refused to obey orders before he was shot and killed Friday morning, Blair said Friday."

Linky

Though it's absolutely horrifying, and tragic, the police were acting on the information that they had - the guy came out of a building suspected to have been connected to the events on Thursday, and (though this is by no means excusing the events) didn't exactly help his own cause by refusing to cooperate.

Nowhere am I saying that this is "ok", and that it's a good thing - it's absolutely not. It's being investigated, as well it should be. Another excerpt from the same BBC link as posted earlier (emphasis mine):

"John O'Connor, former commander of the Met Police, told the BBC the consequences of the shooting were likely to be "quite horrendous".

He said he expected officers to face criminal charges, and other officers could even refuse to carry weapons. "

Yes, it's horrific. Yes, it's tragic. But it's a huge leap to go from that to "goose-stepping police state".

As I said - I lived there 24 years, and all of my family are still there; believe me, I'd be the first to decry such an entity.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Tinkleflower,

Ok . You remain the voice of reason for now.

But, In a the West they will soon have cameras eveywhere , monitors on every communication and transaction, rfid tags on every item, computer surveillance programs to capture, siift, and correlate data from all these sources.

The abuse of such systems could be quite costly to freedom.

Why only spy for terrorists when they can spy on, and jail, or blackmail you?

It has begun !
Beware !

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Actually, I have a third choice...........Can someone please close this thread????? Now have a wonderful day and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Do you want the thread closed because something might be said that you don't want to hear?

Maybe you should grow up.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Please give links to back up your statements.

There is a wealth of information out there to back up the contention that the war on terror is a fraud, designed by the powers that be to fill the vaccuum after the end of the Cold War.

And that statement in no way suggests there are not terrorists out there.

top topics

join