It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wal-Mart Heir Dies In Plane Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
John Walton, heir to the retail giant Wal-Mart died Monday, when his ultralight aircraft crashed after take off in Jackson Wyoming. Walton who was 58, was the second son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton. He was ranked No. 7 on the Forbes magazine list of the 400 wealthiest Americans in 2004, with a fortune estimated at $20 billion.

www.cnn.com
Walton died when his plane crashed shortly after takeoff from Jackson Hole Airport shortly after 12:15 p.m. (2:15 p.m. ET), said Joan Anzelmo, a spokeswoman for Grand Teton National Park.

Walton served in the Vietnam War as a combat medic with the Army's elite Special Forces, winning the Silver Star for saving lives under fire, according to a statement from the Bentonville, Arkansas-based company.

He sat on the board of the Walton Family Foundation, the family's philanthropic enterprise.

He is survived by his wife, Christy, and son Luke; his mother, Helen; brothers Rob and Jim Walton; and sister, Alice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow, you just don't think of things like this happening to people of power or famous people. The article says the plane went down immediately after take off and people passing by could clearly see the crash take place.

Prayers to his family.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by elevatedone]

[edit on 28-6-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 29-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
how sad. RIP to walton and my condolences to his family

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
now lets all run out and buy the special edition

"Wal-Mart" memorial wreath.... you wait, it'll be in stores before the week is out...

or no wait... it'll be a ribbon... yeah thats it.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
heeeyyyy.... what if this wasn't an accident

Wal-Mart is the retail giant, and many beleive that they've got thier hands in helping the NWO come about...

so what if, just what if, John Walton knew of the plans and wanted nothing to do with it and was "taken out" ?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
More like a wristband

Who inheirits his fortune?

[edit on 28/6/05 by subz]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Plane assassinations are the most desirable method of the "elite" to snuff out their conflicting targets. I highly doubt this was conducted by the "nwo", however, Red China could be the man hiding behind the curtain pulling all the strings.

Perhaps Wal-Mart under John Walton's motion, were prepared to come clean with America?

The plane was an experimental aircraft with a small, gasoline-powered engine and wings wrapped in fabric similar to heavy-duty sail cloth, officials said.

Not too bright either..

[edit on 28-6-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I knew when I saw the news, it would be here, and the theories would start popping up.....

do you think his kids cried or popped the champagne ?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think his kids.... cried while popping open the bottles...

For the record, I know that I started the whole "conspiracy" twist to this thread... but, I don't really beleive he was assasinated...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
somewhere anna nicole smith is furious she picked the wrong old guy to marry....

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As I understand it, he was in an experimental ultralight aircraft. Those things are quite dangerous, even to an experienced pilot.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I heard the guy recieved a silver star while in nam. The man gets my respect for that.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am a lifetime member of the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and have flown many Ultralight aircraft. This thread seems to be pointing toward condemning these aircraft. However, their safety record exceeds that of automobiles that everyone uses but rarely condemns.

Let's wait until the NTSB gets through with this and the other ultralight crash this week in Tennessee before blaming "Experimental" aircraft or "ultralights"!

At first guess, the one in Tennessee was likely pilot error as early reports mention hitting power lines. That's like a car hitting a power pole. Neither respond well to that kind of treatment.

The Experimental Aircraft Association firmly believes in self policing to insure safety. Just because homebuilt aircraft are required to be labeled as "Experimental" in no way suggests that they are unsafe. In fact, many homebuilt aircraft are built to higher structural load standards than those required for factory built personal and corporate aircraft.

Burt Rutan's designs are also labelled "Experimental" and everyone is aware of the two around the world without refueling aircraft, one with two pilots, the other, solo, and who doesn't know of his latest, White Knight and SpaceShip One, both carrying the "Experimental" designation.

The pilot of SpaceShip One didn't have to wear a space suit either, just a standard jump suit, but WOW! What a ride! And they did it twice within 14 days, too. What's the shuttle turn around time?

If you are interested in learning more about the company Rutan formed from his "Homebuilt, Experimental" successes, SpaceShip One and/or would like to see video's of the flight, visit: www.scaled.com...

Bottom line, let's wait until the reports are finished.

Jafo72

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I read that this guy was a hero in Vietnam as a medic in the Special Forces....what a waste, with all his money he's flying around in a POS ultra-light instead of a luxury Gulfstream jet.

No way you would get me into one of those Mickey-Mouse planes.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Isn't Jackson Hole where the elite of North America get together annually and discuss that have nothing to do with the US in general?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think Federal Reserve Policy makers meet in Jackson Hole. Plus, I think Dick Cheney is from that area.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think this should be engraved in gold,

the Walton Family Foundation, the family's philanthropic enterprise.
They screw everyone everywhere all the time,
But just like Rockefeller there is a heart of gold under all those nasty, filthy, underhanded actions.

My heart is so warmed by this.

Yes i think it has risen to -277 degrees farenheight.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wanted to get a pilot's POV on this-how does one die in an immediate loss of engine situation in a powered hang glider? I personally know pilots who have hit trees and walked (okay, climbed) out with sprained wrists or less. Talked witha guy who snapped a guy wire on a Weedhopper on takeoff and spiralled in from 50 feet or so. Biggest issue was the dizziness.

Sadly, I agree with your assessment about the reactions of the government. After one of the Kennedy elite bought it in a combination of arrogance, misjudgement, and monumental stupidity in a light plane, the FAA and media screamed about "problems" with ATC and other systems. Another rich elite buys it in an ultralight or kit plane, and all of us who can't afford Lears and Gulfstreams will get screwed. Normal Americans have enough protection from personal responsibility, the elite can find a way to shift blamefor their failures to Federal levels with ease.

Originally posted by jafo72
I am a lifetime member of the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and have flown many Ultralight aircraft. This thread seems to be pointing toward condemning these aircraft. However, their safety record exceeds that of automobiles that everyone uses but rarely condemns.

Let's wait until the NTSB gets through with this and the other ultralight crash this week in Tennessee before blaming "Experimental" aircraft or "ultralights"!

Jafo72

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

new topics

top topics

join