It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Military secret documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi, I am Acid Snake, after my favorite video game hero "Solid Snake". I want to grow up to be in the united states marine corps. Are there any awsome special forces groups in the marine corps? what is that new one I've heared about? all info is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So you want to join the marine because of a game... man, our government is trying to brainwash children with games lol

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
look i just asked a question, lol . its not just because of a video game its that its every citizens duty to serve his country now answer my question.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Marine Recon has a good reputation for this kind of thing.

Navy SEALs if you are super hardcore...I think they accept Navy and Marine candidates.

And no need to get snappy with others...there are a lot of conflicting opinions on this board, don't take it personally.

At your age I felt the same way, that it is a citizen's duty to serve. Just make sure that you are serving what you think you are...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASnake4
look i just asked a question, lol . its not just because of a video game its that its every citizens duty to serve his country now answer my question.

If it's every citizens duty to attack helpless nations for oil, then...

Also, what has it got to do with military secret documents?

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Nexus]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I want to grow up to be in the united states marine corps.

Haha
go ahead, do it....that's not a bad thing at all.
Just make sure it's what you want. As for myself...I have no regrets.
I just wish I would have got out after my first 4 years, but NOOO!
SportyMB had to reenlist.

Oh, sweet EAS....

Anyways...there is NOTHING wrong with serving your country, we all have our own reasons for joining....just make sure it's the right reasons for YOU. Don't let all the haters out there in the world tell you otherwise.

Oh yeah...I think the new Marine SF you have in mind is called Detachment One....Google it up.

[edit on 28/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Don't let all the haters out there tell you otherwise.

I hope your not suggesting that I am a 'hater', all I'm saying is that at the moment I don't think the US government is using their armed forces in the right way at the moment.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
I hope your not suggesting that I am a 'hater', all I'm saying is that at the moment I don't think the US government is using their armed forces in the right way at the moment.

No, not at all.....sorry it came out that way

And I agree...to an extent

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Everyone thinks differently, and we don't all have to agree with something.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yah, but do some research before joining the military. Get some fliers from the military guys (even though those fliers just show the good part of the military). Also look at the conspiracies which talk about the bad part about the military.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
hey, ever since i was 6 years old ive wanted to join so bad that when i turned 7 i was being trained by my brother who was also a us marine, even today i am still being trained. and as far as iraq goes, im confused, we were there to take down sadam and what are we still doing there? we should just leave.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i looked up detachment one. does anyone have any details about them instead of, the detatchment was formed by 82 people. do they pull off missions like green berets and seals in small groups?

and does anyone know if the seals accept marine recruits?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

hey, ever since i was 6 years old ive wanted to join so bad that when i turned 7 i was being trained by my brother who was also a us marine, even today i am still being trained. and as far as iraq goes, im confused, we were there to take down sadam and what are we still doing there? we should just leave.

Taking down saddam is just a excuse to invade. We are there to stay a very long time as much as 12 years like bush admin said. i wish we can get into the minds of bush, who is he really working for?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
we should have never voted for bush. everbody was crying and whining that we were in iraq but then we turned around and voted for him again!
wtf?!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well...here's some advice (staying away from politics) from an ol' war horse:

I served 15+ years in the USMC and ended up retired (and quite content) as a 1LT. (First Lieutenant). Being a Marine was a wonderful thing for me. It taught me self-discipline, commitment, to be honest and tell it how I feel, and most importantly, IMO, I formed some of the best friendships, ones that I'll cherish for the rest of my God-given days here on Earth. Honestly, it isn't for everybody. Research it and do the math before you go all 'rambo' on us and decide to join because you want to be another trigger-happy, kill-happy warrior.

With that being said, you will form some of the best friendships and join of the tighest brotherhoods on the face of this Earth. However, it doesn't come without its drawbacks. Being a Marine is both physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. You will be pushed to your edge, I guarantee it. The officers and brass up above will give you some sh*t. It's part of their job. But, like I always did for those under my command, I would've taken any amount of bullets for those guys - and so will your commanders in any combat situation. However, the training is tough, you might not always be given "good" treatment by others, and the environment - if you're not cut out for it - will be miserable.

U2U me if you want any more info. That's just my take on the whole situation, like I said, without politics being involved..

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMorden
Just make sure that you are serving what you think you are...

Excellent point MrMorden. You should make sure that your not just being used as part of "their" game, and that your doing it for the right reasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I want to grow up to be in the United States Marine Corps.

Good for you. So do I. My father was a Corporal in the United States Marines, and I have an unrelenting pride for him. You could join the Marine Reconnaisance, but there is a higher risk of getting killed than in a regular platoon. Also, there is the Silent Drill Platoon, where, without commands or noise, these skilled soldiers demonstrate the skill, obedience, and dicipline that is instilled by the United States Marine Corps. You could become a Marine Corps pilot, flying the A3-8B Harrier II VTOL Fighter Jet, the F/A-18D Hornet SuperSonic Fighter Jet, MV-22 Opsrey Tilt-rotor VTOL Aircraft, and a large array of others. But just to let you know. No matter what you do in the United States Marines, your life will always be on the line.

Semper Fi.
Joe.

P.S. When you refer to the USMC, please capitalize the first letters out of respect.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Marines = first in, last out...

Definitely the toughest service branch (and the longest Boot Camp, I believe)...

MARINES = My Ass Rides In Naval Equipment, Sir!

Anyhoo, the military can be a great experience from what I've seen, heard, and grew up around. Just be sure you're joining for the right reasons. Not sure what the "secret documents" has to do with this post....but this is all likely better in the intro forum...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Gasrok, were you a Marine at some point in existence???

new topics

top topics

join