It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Brown's "The Solomon Key"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It was a wonderful piece of fiction. Definitely wasn't derogatory towards the brotherhood. Everyone of Dan's books have been carefully crafted works of suspense, with heaps of drama. His first two, Digital ? and the other one with the faked asteroid lacked the historical context of Angels/Demons, Davinci Code, Solomon Key. I read too many books- good thing I have a great library.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I bought it the first day it came out and I loved it

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Me too and I couldn't put it down. Some of it was silly, but it was a great story and I'm sure it will make a great Tom Hanks or Nick Cage movie.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I finished it yesterday, I loved it too!

My girlfriend is reading it now, she likes Dan Brown books too.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I hope they do make a movie of this book, I want to see the tattooed Mal'akh!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This book was awesome!

I really like that it isn't bashing anything, just hands you the story so you have a similar perspective to the ALWAYS clueless Robert Langdon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Geez I thought he knew where King Solomon's gold mines were.
Illuminati re hash oh yeah we need that.
The Illuminati Tesla conspiracy can't be touched.
Someone else got that one.
Texas West of the Pecos, GOLD!!!
So there.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Woah i wasnt aware that it was called solomons key

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Theproofessor

It originally was called that, but later changed it to the Lost Symbol

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Yeah I saw the same show on the History Channel, called "Beyond the DaVinci Code". When it was going over the THEORIES, it claimed that Freemasons were connecrted to Templars through Solomon's Temple, etc etc. But near the end of the show, when it basically stated the truth about all these theories, it stated that there is no proof that masons are connected to templars because there is no proof that Freemasons built the temple, etc etc.

If we are talking of the same TV episode...
it went on to present evidence that a majority of the 'founding fathers'
were also freemasons
We're talking many signers of the Declaration of Independence...

and the freemason thought & moralistic behaviors were interlaced in the
formation of the Government as actual Christianity was not allowed into the foundation principals... i.e.: the Seperation of Church & State

so when boisterious people say we were founded as a Christian nation, they are wrong... our foundation ideology was based on freemasons which held much of the same morals & character as Christian religion all the way back to the Knights Templar....

I'm certain Solomon's Temple had specially selected Masons, along with wood craftsmen, to erect the Temple & i'm sure it was supervised by the Religious leadership directing the engineers... because the Temple would not ever be built by cussing, swearing, drinking, louts that went from job-to-job as a career choice... no the artisans had to be disciplined & men of high moral order and merit to be building a holy temple...
Masons/Freemasons or its 'parent' would be the type of union & apprenticeship needed to supply the proper workforce even in Solomons' time 832bce ??

footnote:

Traditional rabbinic sources state that the First Temple stood for 410 years and based on the 2nd-century work Seder Olam Rabbah, place construction in 832 BCE and destruction in 422 BCE
~wikipedia~

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This book made me want to visit Washington DC, which I never had an interest in before.
It also tempted me to look into Freemasonry a little further, I think there is nothing sinister in Freemasonry and the founding fathers were indeed Masons.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I agree, although in some peoples minds in may be questionable as to why they do the things they do. If they truly do know how to build space ships and use telekinesis because of ancient knowledge then it would make since for them to hide it from the general population. Could you imagine if tomorrow they came out and told everyone how to use it? Imagine all the Lil Wayne and Jay Z fans that would use it to get "mo money yo".

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Worst dan brown book EVER .. I was so looking forward to it, when it came out I bought a copy .. first time reading it I didn't even get to the end, I put it away and picked up another book. Second time reading it brought out my disappointment: Ending was worse than I had imagined. It's not like he has problems writing books, my favorite is Deception Point, but this one... oh my god..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join