It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/4 of country in the dark, and Bush speaks of his election victory in 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No link, just watched TV. he is on now speaking about his election victory in 2004, and how the democrats need to stop fighting him, and get with the program to "protect America". Hm.whats homeboy up to?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think the democrats need to start coming up with real, stand-alone, issues rather than just relying on tiresome agitation and 'reacting to' what Bush does. Have you ever noticed that, like the bollweevil agitators we have here on ats, the Dems are doing nothing besides building campaigns based on Bush's televised reaction shots.

"Oh, look, Bush wore his most expensive tie while addressing the troops!"
"Oh, look, Bush coughed while awarding that soldier a medal!"
"Oh, look, Bush was in California when the blackout occured!"

In the end, the agitators are not offering any alternative views, ideas, or proposals. They are not forwarding any discussion, or thinking, even.

Please, it's time to stop filling up ATS with shallow agitation and political attack ads.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This si a free speech forum and this post is not a friggin political attack per say. The nation has a crisis on its hands, and Bush is talking about his re election crap.

This is conspiratorial. Bush out of the net talkin about his campaign already.

You figure it out.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
IS it a 'crisis'?

I don't know about you, but I've been in about 30 or so blackouts in my life.

Does the president fly to Florida and address the nation every time there is a hurricane?

Sorry to sound mean, before, but I'm seeing a lot of over reaction and too few cool heads.

Edit: PS, yes, this is a free speech forum, and I am not for censoring anyone (as you had the right to post that), but I also have the right to respond with criticism. I have the right to worry about a alternative news forum being turned into a very repetitive colection of cut and paste political attack ads.
I didn't mean to criticize you, in particular, Skadi, but to express my frustration at the almost 'automatic/kneejerk' and panicky posts that have popped up on the board lately.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just typical for Bush.. Only thinks of himself.. No big surprise..

And i think it is CRISIS if 1 out of 9 Americans is without electricity..

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
Just typical for Bush.. Only thinks of himself.. No big surprise..

...For example.

link   
Obviously he cant FLY to NYC, duh.

This is a crisis, a major blackout over several states,, several major US cities int he dark, two big Canadian ones. No one sure of the cause. Not a crisis? Ask the people there.

Where is Bush? he aint gotta fly no where. However, he pretty much is doing the same thing he did during 9/11: ignore the whole thing, continue going on whatever petty # hes doing like nothing is happening. Hm......liek he pretty much expected it to happen, no big deal.

Hmmmmmmmmm........his speech was pre recorded, What time was it recorded at?

link   
I can see both your points. This is a major event and would think if I were president, I would cancel my fundraiser and try to get out on radio and tv to calm the nation a little more than he did. However, in the winter, Lexington, KY was shut down by an Ice storm and people made it through in cold temps without the president coming in to help. This is much worse as half the major metros in the country are without power. The pres should take this to top priority and forget the fund raisers for one night. Also onlyinmydreams has asignificant point with the dems aim. I've been on the bandwagon of getting some legit causes for a long time but now is time to deal with this...there will be other times to scold the dems.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, typical Bush administration negligence.

I am certain even the most diehard Bush sycophant would want for the government that has taken a stand against terrorism, to as IMMEDIATELY AS POSSIBLE dispel any notions that this is terrorism.

But this is not a responsible adminitration. It is a criminal one. It is far more appropriate to be talking about 2004 Elections as if it's 'business as usual', then later institute the real agenda whereby any 2004 Election will be circumvented.

Some of you people are blind. You need to get rid of this administration NOW.

There, that is even-handed and objective, no need for mentioning the squabbles of any other candidates or any other party.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The thing to remeber, astrocreep, is that this isnt the winter, this is the summer, heat and humidity cause tempers to flare alot quicker. people get testy, nasty, thier hot, more irritable. Now they have no where to crap or sleep, if youre a tourist. So, indeed, keeping the Calm with honesty and such, and perhaps, getting the tourists off the streets and back in thier hotel rooms where they are safe should be a priority.

Im not a Democrat, Im simply anti Bush. Im anti democrat too. Bush is a slimy pig, and hes in power. he deserves no mercy.

Youre right masked, this admin has to go. Question is, will the next one be any better? it seems they all are part of the same chain of events.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Skadi

Yes, I think any administration would be better for the US right now in its economic and social plight, than the current one.

Immediately, measurable, unequivocally.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just keep an eye on where people are...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
dr

At this precise moment, the only person's whereabouts I can really keep an eye on is my own.

Where are all the friends of the blind and too-forgiving, the Bush sr and jrs, Cheneys, Rumsfelds, A$$crofts, Powells, Rices, Wolfowitzes... even the Blairs?

John Howard (Oz) is out of Oz, for a Pacific Conference in godzone.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lets see...
We have been told it was due to a possible:

1) fire
2) Pennsylvannia power plant problems
3) lightning stike
4) oh, *edit*, lets not forget possible hackers with a can of pringles and SCADA

Hmmm, wonder whats next....
Looks like a game of "pin the tail on the donkey" to me!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
DRAGON, MY HERO! i CANT BEGIN TO TELL YA HOW HAPPY I AM TO SEE YA BACK!

You came at a very good time, I await your divine wisdom!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just found this...check it out:

"Security tight in wake of blackout in US and Canada"
(seems NORAD was on alert)
www.wtnh.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Where is Bush? he aint gotta fly no where. However, he pretty much is doing the same thing he did during 9/11: ignore the whole thing, continue going on whatever petty # hes doing like nothing is happening. Hm......liek he pretty much expected it to happen, no big deal.

Oh, please... Do you know how silly that sounds? You're right, Bush did nothing on 9-11... Just continued on with his daily routine. Jesus Christ... I've never heard a more sensationalist, ill-informed, and blatantly ignorant statement in my life. You sound either like some drunk at a bar who's been getting worked up by someone else for laughs or some 19 year old college kid at a political rally.

No, I'm not a diehard Bush supporter, and YES I think there's more to the story than what they are saying... But I also think that it doesn't help the situation to say dumb, laughable things. If Bush IS the badguy, kneejerk, flighty, pre-scripted jabs at him won't do any good... If anything, the American public despises the Bush bashers who seem to be reading from cards as they cry about everything he does.

If you want to bash Bush, fine, do so... But at least come up with some clever way to do it. Saying he 'went about his daily business' on 9-11 just makes you look like you're incapable of thought outside of what some weak-wristed activist named Tad with a blowhorn and burning flag has prescribed for you.

PSI expect my first warning for that one, though SOMEONE needs to start replying to the glut of kneejerk glurge around here.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
DRAGON, MY HERO! i CANT BEGIN TO TELL YA HOW HAPPY I AM TO SEE YA BACK!

You came at a very good time, I await your divine wisdom!

Thanks Skadi, good to be back!

new topics

top topics

join