It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's secret Star Wars history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

BBC.co.uk

A relatively long time ago, in a west Wales town not too far away... arguably the most famous spaceship in the universe was created.

In the winter of 1979 word started to spread in Pembroke Dock that a flying saucer was being built in an old giant aircraft hangar in the town.

Those involved were sworn to secrecy.

Unfortunatley its not an alien one....*sigh*....Nonetheless I thought some ATSers might want to take a look at the article.

According to Brian Johnson, special effects supervisor on the film, the spaceship could fly - but only a few millimetres off the ground.

It weighed nearly 23 tonnes and flew a few millimetres off the ground........What the hell was powering this thing????

peace

[edit on 28/6/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Read the entire article next time, and be wary when they are building a Millenium Falcon mock-up.

"We fitted compressed air hover pads on the feet to lift the thing up so it could be pushed around without any wheels.

"The whole thing was actually floating on a cushion of air, with about a sixteenth of an inch between the feet and the floor.

I can't get the damn quote thing to work, but its on the link he provided.

EDIT: fixed quote

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What you honestly thought I was going to post something and not read the whole the article......

You gotta admit though nearly 23 tonnes thats ALOT of compressed air.....

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
What you honestly thought I was going to post something and not read the whole the article......

You gotta admit though nearly 23 tonnes thats ALOT of compressed air.....

So you're saying you know what lifted it, but you are asking anyways.?.?
Maybe that's where I was confused. This seems more like a BTS article.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

According to Brian Johnson, special effects supervisor on the film, the spaceship could fly - but only a few millimetres off the ground.

It weighed nearly 23 tonnes and flew a few millimetres off the ground........What the hell was powering this thing????

peace

[edit on 28/6/05 by Hunting Veritas]

Nothing special. A few mm, give me a break

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Distortion]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That looks pretty sweet.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by BlindSkeptic]

new topics

top topics

join