It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will 'Above Top Secret' planes be made public?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
How right you are, Fred! The Same is true of the once Top Secret B-2 Spirit. These planes were revealed because of politics. A lot of things came out during the 8 years Bill Clinton was the president, because he still had some of the "Hippy Mentality" in him. It was his way of trying to say "The Cold War is gone, it's time to let go of the old secrets!".

While I agree that Clinton let alot of secrets out of the bag, the B-2 wasn't one of them. The B-2 was publicly displayed November 22, 1988, which was during the Regan Administration. I remember being really pissed off about how it was done. At the time I worked for a company who made components for the B-2 (flaps, hatches,landing gear doors etc.). Every morning it was a hassle just getting thru security to go to work. After putting up with that for over a year and having no security breaches or incidents it really ticked me off that they couldn't have arranged to show the people building the plane what it looked like a little bit in advance . We had to see it on the evening news. There was a couple of us sitting in a bar after work that day when it came on the news. The girl behind the bar said "Don't you guys wish that you worked on that?" One of us said "What do you think we have in the hangar down there?". She about flipped out. We didn't have one of course all that we had was a jig to check the fit of our parts when they were finished.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
While I agree that Clinton let alot of secrets out of the bag, the B-2 wasn't one of them. The B-2 was publicly displayed November 22, 1988, which was during the Regan Administration.
[edit on 9-7-2005 by JIMC5499]

I didn't mean to inply that it did. They were intended to be two completely seperate statements.

The first point was: A lot of Programs, Like the B-2, are released for political reasons!

The second, and completely seprate Point was: Many Programs came out during the Clinton Years!

I was trying to convey two UNRELATED facts! Sorry if I confused anyone. I often think faster then I can type, and that can create some very weird typos sometimes.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry I thought that you ment that Clinton let the B-2 black cat out of the bag. I just didn't want Clinton to get credit for something that he didn't do. I believe that the F-117 and the B-2 are two of the reasons that the old USSR folded up. I think that the true capabilities of these aircraft were made known to the Soviets and their attempts to neutralize their threat contributed to the Soviet downfall. I didn't mean to sound like I was mad about anything that was posted, but I am still ticked off about how the B-2 was made public.

<< 1   >>

join