It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Rules Of Disinformation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I thought this was a good read.

www.911review.org...

What do you thinks?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
theres alot of people around here who fit over 15 of those very very well

Hmmmm...Who Am I Talking About

and silly thing is; it almost seems like they knowingly follow that list

im not naming names because im probably wrong and well im all paranoid so my thinking *might* be skewed

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I demand full explainations and proof of each one and while were here lets go off the subject ok?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
What do you thinks?

More to the point, what do YOU think?
In order to get a good discussion startred, it is a good idea to offer your ideas about the topic. Readers like more than a link to reply to

Mention how this is a deception, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think that it depends on your view. ANYone with any agenda can use that (including the "there is a race of invisible pink unicorns on Alpha Centauri who use telepathic control over people on the planets" sort.) Heck, I can think of ways for "Prophet Yahweh" to use that.

It's simply the rules of good argument. It doesn't lead to a clarification of good information versus bunkum.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
profit yahweh would be a perfect example, and he might not even be aware hes doing it
the end result is deception tho

might be more accurate to call it "misinformed " lol

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You are avoiding the issue with disinformation tactics. You evade the issues with your own form of nonsense while others, perhaps more intelligent than you pretend to be, have no trouble with the material. Why do you refuse to address the issues by use of such disinformation tactics (rule 9 - play dumb)?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
After reading the list, I'm starting to wonder if ANYTHING we see in the media is actually truth.

We may be horrified if the day finally comes when everything is revealed.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
I thought this was a good read.
www.911review.org...

The Rules in short:
1: Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
2: Become incredulous and indignant
3: Create rumor mongers
4: Use a straw man
5: Sidetrack opponents with name calling, ridicule
6: Hit and Run
7: Question motives
8: Invoke authority
9: Play Dumb
10: Associate opponent charges with old news
11: Establish and rely upon fall-back positions
12: Enigmas have no solution
13: Alice in Wonderland Logic
14: Demand complete solutions
15: Fit the facts to alternate conclusions
16: Vanish evidence and witnesses
17: Change the subject
18: Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad
19: Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs
20: False evidence
21: Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor
22: Manufacture a new truth
23: Create bigger distractions
24: Silence critics
25: Vanish

Each one of these "rules" apply exceptionally well to the modern Internet "conspiracy theorist" as well. It's become a somewhat popular pastime to come up with incredulous "conspiracy" ideas based on tenuous or manufactured "facts", then create a web page for attention (conspiracy disinformationists) or profit (conspiracy profiteers).

The website you linked to with this information easily practices all 25, repeatedly.

Before 1994 (and the era of web-based discussion boards and personal websites), conspiracy theory speculation tended to be much more methodical and based in connecting the dots of verified facts. Today... it's all about getting attention.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Pretty interesting information.

I was not ALL that clear on EXACTLY what people meant when I see the term DISINFO AGENT tossed around all over the boards. Now I am much more educated on exactly what they mean when they say that.

Where is you PERSONAL PROOF that what you have posted here is really TRUE? how do I know your not just making all this up?????

See......I 'get it' now

[edit on 28-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
"there is a race of invisible pink unicorns on Alpha Centauri who use telepathic control over people on the planets" sort.).

I knew it........

Authority by association...........#8 on the list..........Commercial Marketers Love this one.......

Now, to go and figure out how to keep a watch out for 'invisible pink'........

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the links for rules 17 on up dont work

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Geez, that list reads like a Mod Initiation into ATS!

Demonstrate the ability to 'look sensible' when saying 'non-sensical things', much as Byrd has demonstrated.

Then there is Skeptic Overlord saying profiteers make up this stuff about Disinformation, and only the site marketing it is using it fully.

Rule Zero
There are "Those who are professional in the art of lies and deceit, such as the intelligence community and the professional criminal (often the same people or at the least working together)"
"the facts or connections should stand or fall on their own merit"

What would Intel want with a message board? Come on, solve it completely!

[edit on 28-6-2005 by akilles]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I heard an interesting comment from a informed media analysis. 30 years ago TV was still a new thing and no one knew how to "work" in the medium to get full use out of it. Radio was an old hat for most politicians, as welll as public speaking.

But now you have whole orginizations dedicated to "spining" stories to thier full advatage, and attacking or discrediting anyone who brings damaging info forward. and the internet is now the media that people don't fully understand yet

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"It's become a somewhat popular pastime to come up with incredulous "conspiracy" ideas based on tenuous or manufactured "facts", then create a web page for attention (conspiracy disinformationists) or profit (conspiracy profiteers). "

No offense but thats what this website has become mostly......except the profit part but still.. nevermind

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know why this thread died. The last post in particular seems to be applicable to many cases.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Blah...

In Memorandum, ZP...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Christian IX]

new topics

top topics

join