It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Tribunal on Iraq says US killed more in Iraq than Saddam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Ask the Iraqi people, common people, what they know best - and they will answer like this:

"We only know Violence since the Start of this War. And it did not End at all."

if you asked the french during world war II or any other nation that was in the midst of a war that same question and I would guess that all they know is violence. when it is over they might have another answer. War is violent, what else would they know DURING a war? The day you find someone who, during a war in which the fighting took place on their soil, says all he knows is volleyball and cook outs is the day the world ends.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
Most member states wanted to lift the ban when they discovered it only hurt the Iraqi people. The US and UK were to blame for threatening to use their veto to block lifting the sanctions.

I stand corrected.

Damn! Even when I want to help the US I can't.

OK. It's all their fault.

And the UK's.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
the sanctions didn't work because the UN and many of the council members that imposed the sanctions were working the oil for food scandal.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if you asked the french during world war II or any other nation that was in the midst of a war that same question and I would guess that all they know is violence. when it is over they might have another answer. War is violent, what else would they know DURING a war? The day you find someone who, during a war in which the fighting took place on their soil, says all he knows is volleyball and cook outs is the day the world ends.

Hmmmm...isnt this "War" Supposed to be Over - as the Greatest President announced Mission Accomplished?

People are still dying.

Mothers are still crying.

Is it better then Before?

Or is it Worse?

Its better for Business for Sure.

But its Worse for all the Common People - Iraqi, American, Everybody.

Guess who wins:

WAR Profiteers

FIGHT THEM, NOT THEIR WARS!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the sanctions didn't work because the UN and many of the council members that imposed the sanctions were working the oil for food scandal.

Bull#, the sanctions didn't work because the concept alone of making the people pay for their unchosen leader, hoping that would push them over the edge to depose him, is rotten from the core.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
his moronic mission accomplished statement was reffering to the removal of Hussein, not he complete removal of US troops. Anyone who thought we were going to fly in, remove him and leave, is a fool.

Unfortunately, we will be there for a while. Cry a river for the insurgents. Maybe you can go over there and tell them how you feel sorry for them. Then you can find out how much they care about you and your sympathy.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666Bull#, the sanctions didn't work because the concept alone of making the people pay for their unchosen leader, hoping that would push them over the edge to depose him, is rotten from the core.

agreed that the sanctions might not work alone but, when you add the corruption of the UN and many of the nations that voted on the sanctions, you are staring at a definite failure.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Since the US is also a member nation of the UN, and a powerful veto entitled one, that also includes the corruption of the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So what? More deaths have occured in Iraq because of people trying to juggle chainsaws than by American troops!

If the reporter can throw out baseless statements, I can, too. You cannot dispute my baseless assertion because you do not know for a fact how many people have been killed by chainsaw juggling.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
Since the US is also a member nation of the UN, and a powerful veto entitled one, that also includes the corruption of the US.

while we know that some of our corporations had their hand in the cookie jar of the oil for food scandal, I don't recall seeing our ambassador to the UN named. I do recall seeing others tho.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Ok, first off souljah you need to open a history book and put the liberal crap your reading away. Bush sr did not start the first gulf war, it started when saddam invaded kuwait. You seem to be in favor of a continuing struggle in iraq?

The reason there are more terrorist attacks is because they are sliping accross the syrian border and fighting in iraq.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by XphilesPhan]

No Xphiles. You see, it was a U.S. set up. Saddam in fact had told the Ambassador to Iraq, April Glaspie, of his intentions to invade Kuwait because he found out they were are ‘slant’ drilling into Iraq. It was a set up because they acknowledged what he said, more or less nudge, nudge, wink, wink - then went after him when he did what he said he would. It was just the excuse Daddy Bush and Co. needed to go in and start making some $eriou$ money.

Here's what happened when the Iraqi soldiers withdrew, according to U.N. resolutions The Highway of Death

The so called "terrorists" in Iraq are what you would call a resistance...an Iraqi resistance. And it won't stop until the U.S. gets the hell out of their country.

Better to be Liberal and see and question, then be Conservative and blind and lap it all up!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
So what? More deaths have occured in Iraq because of people trying to juggle chainsaws than by American troops! If the reporter can throw out baseless statements, I can, too. You cannot dispute my baseless assertion because you do not know for a fact how many people have been killed by chainsaw juggling.

You do realize this works both ways, do you? The US claiming that the situation in Iraq has improved is then equally dubious, or even more when considering the US through the CPA blocked the hospitals from keeping records.

<< 1   >>

join